• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make your own application fluid ?

Ken

I'm getting better at doin stuff dry. Getting the app tape down perfectly goes along way to having no bubbles.
I do admit to using a shot of Rapid Tac..
"My name is Ken..and I'm a Rapid Tac User.." Couple of drops of soap in a quart of water...
You could use a cup of ammonia and a cup of bleach..stir well..and call an ambulance. dont do this..
Ken

Bogie

Yeah, Ken, that last is NOT funny...

GUYS, Bleach and Ammonia will _KILL_ you. Especially if you're mixing it indoors in an enclosed area. KILL YOU. FAST. Or at the very least it'll make you really bleepin' miserable. I'm deadly hazmat serious about that...

And you really have to watch out for anything containing di-hydrogen monoxide. It's generally contaminated by fish secretions that can prove to be dangerous...

Bogie

Ken, I spent ten years helping researchers, a large number of them chemists, communicate. Telling possibly naive folks how to basically make a chemical bomb is NOT cool.

Ken

Sorry man..I thought it was common knowledge.. and I did add the " do not do this" in my original post
Ken

Ken

Dont forget to oil your oxygen regulator on your oxy/acetanlene/propane tanks..DONT DO THIS...
Ken

Ken

DO NOT.. fill a portable gasoline tank while it is in your vehicle.../it should be on the ground while you fill it.
Ken

S

Sign-Man Signs

Gino you crack me up man...We use a couple of drops of liquid soap and a few drops of vanilla extrac for that pleasant smell when you're working. We also bought a few of those silver spray bottles from Home Depot that have a 5 year warranty. They are the best we've ever used. You can put anything in them. Took one back the other day because the head broke off, replaced, no questions asked.

Techman

soap and water will not work correctly with calendered vinyl.
Tellign noobs to use this stuff is leading them into a mess. They will wonder why their vinyl is not sticking right.

BadAss

DON"T USE JUICE???? I invite you to come to Phoenix when it was 119 degrees and stick your graphics on the guys worktruck doors... Wow when it's like that without juice its like putting butter in a hot frying pan.. Man I hate the heat!!! Have Fun....

Woooooooh, Badass.

Hold it a minute..............ever try to put vinyl on at -30.......ya that ain't happenin. So take it inside, if it will start? warm it up, for at least an hour. Get out the heat gun, warm up the area you want to apply to, for at least another 10 minutes, apply, hope and pray it sticks, then pack all your stuff up and head outside in the -30 + 3 feet of snow.......you hate the heat!! you hate the HEAT!! Dude, lets switch. That heat.....it ain't lookin so bad right now. LOL I hope you bake your badass off, and then have a cold one for me, cause mine is a frozen popsicle. Enjoy.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

Michael

I couldn't believe my eyes when I took over this sign shop to see so many people relying on this alcohal water to stick there vinyl straight. Learn to use a measuring tape and stick it on dry, for the most part you can look for two of the same letters and measure to the edge then use a light low-tac tape to hold it in place.

S

Sign-Man Signs

I couldn't believe my eyes when I took over this sign shop to see so many people relying on this alcohal water to stick there vinyl straight. Learn to use a measuring tape and stick it on dry, for the most part you can look for two of the same letters and measure to the edge then use a light low-tac tape to hold it in place.

I think that after about 10 years most professional sign builders know when and when not to wet or dry mount, but thanks for the lesson anyway. Now can you tell us how actually read a measuring tape? After 20 years, I still can get the hang of it....

Michael

I'm sorry if that went over your head there big guy. What I meant to say is, there is never a need for a wet mount. If you need to stick vinyl on anything other than dry, then you are a noob.

Jillbeans

I buy RT1 or RT2.
I use the RT when it's reallly really hot out or when I have to stack layers.
The RT2 is for when it's really really cold out.
I do apply dry as needed.
But I am mainly a sign painter and I hate sticking vynull.

Back in the day, I would put 3 drops of non-lotion dishwashing liquid, 1 capful of isoprophyl alcohol, and a few drops of pure vanilla into a clean quart squirt bottle and then fill with distilled water (not tap water)
Love....Jill

Patchmaster

I'm sorry if that went over your head there big guy. What I meant to say is, there is never a need for a wet mount. If you need to stick vinyl on anything other than dry, then you are a noob.

so what your saying is "real" signmakers do it dry?

personally I'll take the "noob" title and continue to shoot for the "wet mount"

Something seriously wrong with this image...