• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to return Roland Printer

klingsdesigns

We had a new VG-540 printer installed on December 21st. It isnt printing correct. It is now been a month. The tech came out twice. I sent samples to roland two weeks ago. The tech came out for a second time today and printed same things and is going to be sending to roland. That cant figure it out. I need to get this printer working so I can work. Who can i contact to get this returned or exchanged. Hard to get a hold of roland tech support.

asd

sorry to hear about your issues with your machine, I believe there is a roland rep here on the forums may be he can help you get in contact with roland directly

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Most states have lemon laws that require manufacturers to either repair, replace, or refund you in the event that the machine doesn't work out of the box. It normally requires you to show that you gave a reasonable amount of time for them to fix it. If you can't get a hold of Roland you might have to send a certified letter letting them know you intend to return it if they don't remedy the situation.

klingsdesigns

Most states have lemon laws that require manufacturers to either repair, replace, or refund you in the event that the machine doesn't work out of the box. It normally requires you to show that you gave a reasonable amount of time for them to fix it. If you can't get a hold of Roland you might have to send a certified letter letting them know you intend to return it if they don't remedy the situation.

Well they have been doing nothing but wasting my time and money and printing samples and all they do is slow the head speed down and print in unidirectional. Not a good answer. I am just glad i can print 44 of 54 inch material at this moment otherwise i think I would need a loan just to stay afloat.

klingsdesigns

This is what my Seller at "Up and Running Solutions" just emailed me.

Please contact Roland it is out of my hands now!

Thanks

Joe

mark galoob

if you have already paid them, call them up and tell them to come get it and either replace it or give you your money back

if they dont, tell them you will be suing them in small claims court...and prep for that.

if you used a cc to purchase, call your cc company and have them issue a charge back.

i always use a cc to buy these kinds of items

m

klingsdesigns

I will look into that charge back. I did some as a wire transfer and then some as cc. Supposedly my tech from Up and Running told roland its printing fine. He didnt tell them he put head speed to 760 and printed uni directional for testing.

2B

we also had an issue with one of our Roland, print was good. contour cutting SUCKED.

took over a year to get sorted out. they finally replaced the printer.
come to find out they put the motherboard of a 30" model in a 64" machine

good luck, it was a TOTAL FUBAR and very frustrating.

netsol

i believe if you call your credit card company and use the word misrepresentation they will freeze the funds, pending investigation. (the dealer will have funds withheld and money will be held in escrow, not returned directly to you.)this is generally enough to inspire the company to fix that elusive problem.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I will look into that charge back. I did some as a wire transfer and then some as cc. Supposedly my tech from Up and Running told roland its printing fine. He didnt tell them he put head speed to 760 and printed uni directional for testing.

Kind of stupid I think on their part. Don't they want to sell you ink? Many of our vendors will basically give us the printer if we commit to buying enough ink.

klingsdesigns

Sad thing is I loved our vp540. But it had the connectivity problem and decided to upgrade then fix the main board. Kicking myself for that. I hope they make it right rather than have to get a lawyer and go that route. I do have the vp540 in my shop and won’t let them take it until this one is fixed. Only thing is they have the frame otherwise I’d throw in a new board and use the vp for now. I traded it in for the vg.

ExecuPrintGS

We had a similar issue with the same company. We bought a refurbished printer as a secondary unit just to run banners and yard signs on and it was terrible. They couldn't get it "up and running" and after months of back and forth they said "Nothing we can do". we fought and fought until the owner here got a refund and they came and picked the machine up. It was a huge headache.

klingsdesigns

We had a similar issue with the same company. We bought a refurbished printer as a secondary unit just to run banners and yard signs on and it was terrible. They couldn't get it "up and running" and after months of back and forth they said "Nothing we can do". we fought and fought until the owner here got a refund and they came and picked the machine up. It was a huge headache.

I have a feeling that will happen here i am going to get so frustrated i will lawyer up and demand a refund and never deal with roland again. Which i have loved my vp.