• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to return Roland Printer

Mascitti Bro

….This is SOOO what I don't wanna read about as our upstart endeavor is days away from our first printer arriving....(you guessed it- a brand new VG-540)

klingsdesigns

….This is SOOO what I don't wanna read about as our upstart endeavor is days away from our first printer arriving....(you guessed it- a brand new VG-540)

One I hope you dont have any problems, and also I hope your dealer stands behind his business and the tech is awesome!. I did just get word that Roland might be sending the head tech in the area to help fix this.

klingsdesigns

Hello KlingsDesigns,

It was good to speak to you today. As we discussed we will be having one of our Roland Care Engineers onsite tomorrow to look deeper into the problems and work with you and your local dealer on solving this issue.

Thank you,
Roland Technical Support.

You don't know how glad I am to hear that someone is finally coming to actually try and fix it, and not just print samples and take peck reports.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We've had our VG-540 for over a year now, no major issues whatsoever, so don't sweat it. :)

Exactly. I like to bash on Roland just because they have given me trouble through the years but at the end of the day they are in it to make quality machines and not screw people. People tend to take it out on the entire brand when they have a bad experience which is understandable. But anytime you hear someone say never by brand X because they had a bad experience, take it with a grain of salt.

klingsdesigns

Exactly. I like to bash on Roland just because they have given me trouble through the years but at the end of the day they are in it to make quality machines and not screw people. People tend to take it out on the entire brand when they have a bad experience which is understandable. But anytime you hear someone say never by brand X because they had a bad experience, take it with a grain of salt.

Just like buying vehicles. You can always get a bad one. Its how they take care of you after you make the purchase that means the most to me.

synergy_jim

We've never had any issues on were are on our 3rd Roland machine. Started with sp-300, upgraded to XC-540, Now running an XR-640. Every machine we ran was still in great condition when we sold it. I hope you get to the bottom of your issues.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Back in the PC60 days we went through 7 or 8 that they over night shipped us untill I had enough. It took me threatening to fly out with the unit and camp in their office till I got a refund. Luckily for us I used my AMX to buy it and they stepped in. I had a refund shortly after.
Fast forward to 10 years ago when I bought a demo unit from a show from them. It showed up destroyed in a box truck. I refused to accept it and they sent out a new unit. I have been pleased with the performance of the inkjet printers and will continue to run them. I wish they made a 3.2 meter solvent. My Mimaki SP250 is getting long in the tooth and needs to be replaced with a bigger unit.

ProPDF

We had a new VG-540 printer installed on December 21st. It isnt printing correct. It is now been a month. The tech came out twice. I sent samples to roland two weeks ago. The tech came out for a second time today and printed same things and is going to be sending to roland. That cant figure it out. I need to get this printer working so I can work. Who can i contact to get this returned or exchanged. Hard to get a hold of roland tech support.

Call them back and tell them to come pick the machine up ASAP and cut your losses now before they extend another month. There is no excuse to have 30 days of lost income especially on a brand new unit period I don't care if it prints %90 of jobs correctly and it's just a %10 of jobs issue. All the writing is on the wall. You see the machine can't be fixed by your dealer. You see your dealer drop the ball on you and pass you off. Get out of the situation entirely period. I would go buy a Epson S40 or S60 and if you want more colors the S80 and don't look back. There is a big reason there are so many of these used VG/SG machines for sale on the used market right after they were released. Some people had luck with them but if you are NOT those people you got to get back to printing cause "customer waiting to find printer problem" is not your "profession".

I would seriously consider keeping the VP540 also. Worst case use it as a cutter. If they took your main board go get it back immediately. The VP and XC are actually worth rebuilding especially if you can do it yourself. Another thing I would consider is get out of the versaworks eco system it traps people into their product line.

Last edited:

HubcityNek

Nekayli
Same EXACT thing happened to us, after about a year of owning it and trying to return it, they finally agreed that we did all we could and our supplier (the middle man we bought it from) returned it to Roland and we got our money. Very long and irritating, but it is possible. If you bought it through Denco, Midwest, or Grimco or any other supplier contact them cause they are the ones that will be returning it to Roland.

klingsdesigns

Call them back and tell them to come pick the machine up ASAP and cut your loses now before they extend another month. There is no excuse to have 30 days of lost income especially on a brand new unit period I don't care if it prints %90 of jobs correctly and it's just a %10 of jobs issue. All the writing is on the wall. You see the machine can't be fixed by your dealer. You see your dealer drop the ball on you and pass you off. Get out of the situation entirely period. I would go buy a Epson S40 or S60 and if you want more colors the S80 and don't look back. There is a big reason there are so many of these used VG/SG machines for sale on the used market right after they were released. Some people had luck with them but if you are NOT those people you got to get back to printing cause "customer waiting to find printer problem" is not your "profession".

I would seriously consider keeping the VP540 also. Worst case use it as a cutter. If they took your main board go get it back immediately. The VP and XC are actually worth rebuilding especially if you can do it yourself. Another thing I would consider is get out of the versaworks eco system it traps people into their product line.

They gave us 2500 in for trade in of the vp, but they said we could write him a check for 2000 and keep it. I thought as well as having it as a bigger cutter. Might do that and replace main board just in case the new vg doesnt work , then i can at least print until i get my refund and shop elsewhere for another printer and dont have to be rushed to buy something so quick.

klingsdesigns

The printer has not shipped yet so I guess I will get it monday. I did state to them that i will be returning the one that is coming for full refund if it prints the same way. Also the swapping of printers doesn't come with new inks. Which to me is odd but he threw in four new inks after trying to just return printer. :(

Mainframe

I am guessing you will be able to pull YOUR ink cartridges out of the original printer for this new printer, after all you did pay for the cartridges.

CanuckSigns

I am guessing you will be able to pull YOUR ink cartridges out of the original printer for this new printer, after all you did pay for the cartridges.
Yes you can, but you will use almost 50% of a full cartridge just doing the ink line fill on the new machine.