• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to return Roland Printer

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, create a complete paper trail with all of the visits, costs (if any... like wasted ink, media, time), e-mails, phone calls, promises... both broken and good ones and tell them, you are finished with everyone. You simply tell them to read this, digest it and govern themselves accordingly. You will be sending your attorney a copy as well, if your replaced machine is not completely in working condition or your monies are not returned within 72 hours. You are finished. 6 weeks has been more than enough time for them to figure this out. You are not wasting 2 more weeks.

rjssigns

Just got a call said they cant install till the 15th. We shall see what happens as I said i want to return since this is getting ridiculous. I understand weather makes a difference for shipping times. But come on. This should have been resolved way before this.

All they're trying to do is stall and hope you give up. It is time to lawyer up.

Incredible what a formal letter from an attorney can accomplish. I've been in a similar situation and got nowhere until I got a lawyer involved.

Time for teeth and claws to come out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm a "lifer" when it comes to Roland and their products. Been using their technology since about 1993. I would do anything for my Roland equipment. I believe in it wholeheartedly, but fair is fair. Regardless of my feelings towards them or even their coming on here and chiming in. Lip service is something I don't tolerate.... for me, my family or someone on this forum being bullied and that's just what this is. It's not time to lawyer up, as they have a whole sh!load of lawyers just for this, but making sure all your ducks are in a row, you've done nothing wrong, except pay for a machine in advance and have not been given the goods for 6 weeks. They don't have a chance in the world or any court to win, but they can afford to play the waiting game. However, there is a provision in law, which states if someone or something gets in the way of you doing business in a normal manner, they can be sued for theft of wares. I kid you not. Anything it takes to get you back on your feet, will be on their dime, in the end. Ask me how I know. I used it back in 1997 and although it took quite a while, we were paid in full for ALL loses due to this particular company to wanna play hardball.... and me, the little guy won. Of course, my lawyer got a nice chunk of change, but it was worth it.

klingsdesigns

I'm a "lifer" when it comes to Roland and their products. Been using their technology since about 1993. I would do anything for my Roland equipment. I believe in it wholeheartedly, but fair is fair. Regardless of my feelings towards them or even their coming on here and chiming in. Lip service is something I don't tolerate.... for me, my family or someone on this forum being bullied and that's just what this is. It's not time to lawyer up, as they have a whole sh!load of lawyers just for this, but making sure all your ducks are in a row, you've done nothing wrong, except pay for a machine in advance and have not been given the goods for 6 weeks. They don't have a chance in the world or any court to win, but they can afford to play the waiting game. However, there is a provision in law, which states if someone or something gets in the way of you doing business in a normal manner, they can be sued for theft of wares. I kid you not. Anything it takes to get you back on your feet, will be on their dime, in the end. Ask me how I know. I used it back in 1997 and although it took quite a while, we were paid in full for ALL loses due to this particular company to wanna play hardball.... and me, the little guy won. Of course, my lawyer got a nice chunk of change, but it was worth it.

I am really kicking myself for not buying a new mainboard to fix my vp and should have never thought it was a good idea to upgrade to a new machine.

ProPDF

As I said in my post #35 "Call them back and tell them to come pick the machine up ASAP and cut your losses now before they extend another month" because your best case scenario is still a full blown nightmare with Japan. It's funny how their work ethic is taken in Japan verse how their ethic is in America. Example promised earlier delivery disrespecting your time which is money.... now Friday the 15th Delivery promise WITH a holiday the following Monday IF they miss that deadline by one day you are looking at mid day delivery the 19th. Just mentally plan for end of the month if you do ride this out with your pockets out and zipper open in the middle of the street. Also hope there is no trade show to attend either that leaves their staff bare at the installing dealer response with "out of the office for the week". I don't know how you are doing it honestly. These guys are all about the money moves that benefit them first and you second which still translates into their benefit. I wish you the best of luck but you gotta realize this is beyond absurd and will only continue to be. Trucking companies run 24hr team trucks for freight from west to east coast in 3 days the machine should have been delivered by now freight doesn't sit in transit for weeks they sit in warehouses.

I would call your credit card company and draw the line. I have been in this business long enough to see what happens if you don't stick up for yourself.

A piece of advice for people reading this always always pay the dealer with a credit card ALWAYS not a debit card either. Even if you want to use cash use a card and pay it off right away then. If you don't have a high enough limit card..... chop the payment into as many as you need to. If you want to use equipment financing lenders they will let you pay for a machine with your credit card and then you send them the bill and the lender will reimburse you via wire which is a huge protection safety net. If you are financing equipment you think Roland is going to pay your monthly bill?? Nope. You have zero protection for wiring the dealer cash at all. A lot of dealers really do try to do their best but if they have to email their manufacture and say hey we are negative $20k right now cause you won't ship a promised replacement we will have to get a loan to cover payroll as an example you will get a different song to a faster tune cause that dealer does have a lawyer.

Larry L

We had a new VG-540 printer installed on December 21st. It isnt printing correct. It is now been a month. The tech came out twice. I sent samples to roland two weeks ago. The tech came out for a second time today and printed same things and is going to be sending to roland. That cant figure it out. I need to get this printer working so I can work. Who can i contact to get this returned or exchanged. Hard to get a hold of roland tech support.
I wanted to return my VG-540 also. So many issues like the color dropping out randomly getting weird fades even after perfect head tests, banding, and all sorts of glitches in their crappy software,(even the new version that just came out) forcing me to use Flexi 95% of the time. I can only get one profile from Flexi to work! The cutter was not working right, it can only do inside contours after I first make them in Flexi. Why have a cutter if their software does not allow you to make contour cuts? I was under the impression I would not need Flexi. I too made the mistake of paying for it up front. I told the outfit who sold me the printer after 6 months of issues I do not want to have my warranty expire and never getting the printer to print consistently. Bear in mind I have had 2 printers before and know the normal problems your can have and understand they can be fussy. So they are suppose to come out again since the told me Roland would not replace the printer unless we exhausted all the attempts. I told them I want everything replaced that could cause the random fades.

Larry L

I did not use Roland after buying their cutter, that did work well, 6 years,until I had to upgrade to windows 7 in which no driver was available. I found a driver that did work sorta OK but then stopped working after a year.

How hard would have it have been for them to supply an upgrade since the one that was not made for that exact model was working? Were they thinking I was supposed to just pitch the cutter and pay another $3000+ for another? After 5 years I thought I would give Roland another chance with the printer, but that was a mistake.

Larry L

I did not come to rag about my disappointment with Roland but the first thread I saw was with my same printer. What I wanted to ask was, how do you set the time the printer has to pause for a while before it cuts.? The inks not being dry enough, smears when it rubs on longer cuts and I just ruined a large print. It looks like it puts down too much ink, but that's another issue. In the mean time I will have to use Flexi with crop marks and my other cutter,,,, as usual.

CanuckSigns

Just got a call said they cant install till the 15th. We shall see what happens as I said i want to return since this is getting ridiculous. I understand weather makes a difference for shipping times. But come on. This should have been resolved way before this.
I'm willing to bet your printer is still sitting at Roland's office in California waiting for some red tape, tell them to prove it, give you a tracking number to show it's actually on the road on it's way to you, I guarantee you they can't give you one

klingsdesigns

I'm willing to bet your printer is still sitting at Roland's office in California waiting for some red tape, tell them to prove it, give you a tracking number to show it's actually on the road on it's way to you, I guarantee you they can't give you one
As of this morning . Denver, CO. With the storm it will probably be another week. :)

klingsdesigns

Got the call this morning. They will be doing full refund and picking up bad printer. I do have my vp still i traded in. The dealer is bringing the stand back and getting inks back in when they pick up the vg. I have the connection issue with the vp now processing during mid prints sometimes. Would you keep it and fix it and throw another main board in? Or should I fix and sell, or get the epson s8060 and fc8600 graphtec? I cant sit with no printer at all is my problem.

CanuckSigns

Got the call this morning. They will be doing full refund and picking up bad printer. I do have my vp still i traded in. The dealer is bringing the stand back and getting inks back in when they pick up the vg. I have the connection issue with the vp now processing during mid prints sometimes. Would you keep it and fix it and throw another main board in? Or should I fix and sell, or get the epson s8060 and fc8600 graphtec? I cant sit with no printer at all is my problem.

Glad to hear they are doing the right thing!

ProPDF

Wait what happened to Denver?

Last edited by a moderator:

ProPDF

Also your VP may not print right if its been sitting this long even if you bolt it back together. Personally we would suggest repairing it but it may not be the main board if its stopping mid print.

klingsdesigns

Also your VP may not print right if its been sitting this long even if you bolt it back together. Personally we would suggest repairing it but it may not be the main board if its stopping mid print.
It stops randomly and says now processing and you have to shut it off from the rear to get it to print again. Tried multiple computers and its direct connect to printer. Tried new cross over cables.

klingsdesigns

Wait what happened to Denver?

They stopped the printer from coming because i didnt want to wait till next friday for install and they want to just refund me the money. I did get one quote from grimco but send me the info for new printer. Also need the graphtec fc8600 60 inch.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProPDF

They stopped the printer from coming because i didnt want to wait till next friday for install and they want to just refund me the money. I did get one quote from grimco but send me the info for new printer. Also need the graphtec fc8600 60 inch.

Good job shows more than a few people are reading this! Best thing to do is get on the boards and start talking! I am sending a pm now.