• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to return Roland Printer

ExecuPrintGS

When vp was unplugged and put in box it printed test prints perfect, but i am too skeptical as to if they are all dried up now. I do have an invoice from grimco for an epson 80600 and a graphtec fc8600. Just waiting for Roland to get to agree to what i want. Grimco is 2-3 weeks out for installing a printer, and I cant sit here not having a printer for 2-3 weeks.

Are you stuck on getting a new roland? If not try calling big systems in menomonee falls. We had our mimaki get struck by lightning and we had a brand new HP ordered and installed in under a week. The week we were down they printed any jobs we needed while waiting for our new printer to get installed.

Also, don't turn down work sub it out. Get a hold of Deric at printitwraps.com is based out of indy, he could print things and have it shipped to you really quick. This situation has cost you enough, don't let work walk away also :(

klingsdesigns

Are you stuck on getting a new roland? If not try calling big systems in menomonee falls. We had our mimaki get struck by lightning and we had a brand new HP ordered and installed in under a week. The week we were down they printed any jobs we needed while waiting for our new printer to get installed.

Also, don't turn down work sub it out. Get a hold of Deric at printitwraps.com is based out of indy, he could print things and have it shipped to you really quick. This situation has cost you enough, don't let work walk away also :(

We wont be getting a new roland. But looking at an epson as of now. Depending on the outcome of all of this.

ExecuPrintGS

We wont be getting a new roland. But looking at an epson as of now. Depending on the outcome of all of this.

Give big systems a call, Jason is our salesman. They carry epson and I'm sure they would be happy to help. Their tech is very knowledgeable and easy to work with, we have texted him during the day with questions and he always replies as fast as he can.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While you aren't interested in the Roland any longer, perhaps another distributor who knows what they're doing could help you and give you what you want. I've heard some really good reviews on those machines.

klingsdesigns

Maybe one day Roland will finally get this finalized and refund me my money so I can move on with my life and business and purchase another printer. Upgrading to the vg was probably the worst business decision I have made since 2005. They are stuck on not wanting to refund me for my ink which each cartridge is about 3/4 full. $1,000 in ink they want me to eat.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe one day Roland will finally get this finalized and refund me my money so I can move on with my life and business and purchase another printer. Upgrading to the vg was probably the worst business decision I have made since 2005. They are stuck on not wanting to refund me for my ink which each cartridge is about 3/4 full. $1,000 in ink they want me to eat.
Sounds like they know they have lost you as a customer and are going to nickel and dime you to death because they can.

Good luck with getting up and running again with another brand.
wayne k
guam usa

klingsdesigns

If it’s not finalized by Friday I will reach out to my lawyer and have him take over. I need to move forward with my business. Been at a standstill for too long.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You should ask them how many customers do they think they are losing based on this thread not being resolved....

Wouldn't be the first... the SG/VG range are plagued with issues it seems from the posts on here.

Thankfully Roland managed to screw up the demo which we had driven 2 hours to get to, which led to us choosing a far superior machine which has been flawless since install.

Johnny Best

I buy everything with American Express. They resolve matters really well when it comes to not being satisfied with your purchase. Good luck on your new printer and plotter.
Having not had a bad business decision since 2005 is a pretty good track record.

shadi75

owner
Sorry to hear that, i was looking at the new truvis vg/sg and after reading all of the complaints on signs101 i decided to go with a new 540 vsi. its a bit slower then my old vp 300, but its a 7 color setup and no more smelly ink. I can't imagine being without a working printer for a month they need to be sued.

klingsdesigns

Sorry to hear that, i was looking at the new truvis vg/sg and after reading all of the complaints on signs101 i decided to go with a new 540 vsi. its a bit slower then my old vp 300, but its a 7 color setup and no more smelly ink. I can't imagine being without a working printer for a month they need to be sued.

Yeah sad to say but i think after this i have to part ways with roland. I am glad they are soon to be taking this one back but it shouldn't have to take 50 days. Specially since day one it never worked properly.

ProPDF

I am a huge supporter of the older rolands with DX4 heads and really feel they are worth maintaining even when expensive boards go bad. I have personally seen a room full of Roland soljet machines all with over 30,000-40,000 print hours on them humming away like clockwork. The machines were simple and you could control every ink channel and make any ink configuration with them with a 3rd party rip. You still can turn a old soljet into a CMYK Orange and Green or Red configured printer.

I have forwarded this thread and other threads to businesses who mentioned buying these machines usually as an upgrade.
This thread is looking at 3300+ views now. If it turns off just 10 people from spending $20k with Roland and those 10 people use just $400 in ink a month for 24 months that is roughly $300k in lost sales from an internet post. Just image people finding it still months later and the total buyers turned away was much more than 10 people. Companies need to learn to jump when people say jump it generates a ripple effect of positivity where your happy customers because a silent sales force spreading admiration for your services. There are two types of advertising word of mouth and everything else.

I hope their dental machines work better than their new printers do lol.

rjssigns

This is what happens when you give dealers a protected territory. There is absolutely no reason for them to hustle.

Johnny Best

HappyEndings
happy 222.jpg

ProPDF

I am pleased to report that Roland and I have resolved this matter amicably. I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics of our resolution, but I can confirm that Roland has acted honorably in resolving this matter with me.

60 days right?
Hopefully you choose the Epson S80600 you will love it if you feel it fits your needs.

This is a pretty interesting article about customer service in Japan. Too bad we don't get extended this treatment.

https://soranews24.com/2017/06/19/w...ecause-in-japan-its-one-strike-and-youre-out/

LarryB

This so sad to hear. I have a 14 year old XC-540 which runs 8-10 hours a day. No issues except for maintenance items. It is built like a tank.

player

I am pleased to report that Roland and I have resolved this matter amicably. I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics of our resolution, but I can confirm that Roland has acted honorably in resolving this matter with me.
Is your next machine going to be a roland?

Will you be using your old VP again?