• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 and L28500

bbeens

Anyone else notice some of the images of the L26500 have the ink carts on the left side of the printer (link the L25500) and some of the ink carts on the right side. Can someone confirm which image is correct?

Bryan

ProColorGraphics

Anyone else notice some of the images of the L26500 have the ink carts on the left side of the printer (link the L25500) and some of the ink carts on the right side. Can someone confirm which image is correct?

Bryan

Am I not seeing the same pic? I don't see any on the left side(control panel side)??? It looks the same as my L25500 to me.

bbeens

Check out the image at this link -> http://h10088.www1.hp.com/cda/gap/display/main/index.jsp?zn=gap&cp=20000-13698-16013-15259-27897^357437_4041_100__

Bryan

Lincan

how much the l25500 price

After the announcement of the new machine series, is there any decrease or increase of l25500 price? Still around 13k?

bigben

The price for the L26500 here in Canada will be set at 24k$ and first shipping will be in January.

I'm trying to get one sooner than that. Maybe take one in the US if I can have a price.

signswi

It's mostly plastic I bet it could walk on water. Continuing to wait is a bit pointless as it's already a couple years old and even older at the enterprise level. By the time you jump in we'll all be using print systems from orbit that use gravity accelerated pigment fusion technology.

kirkbedtelyon

By the time you jump in we'll all be using print systems from orbit that use gravity accelerated pigment fusion technology.

By the time I jump in?? What I meant is today I put in an order for a new Mutoh 1624 as opposed to the HP. Funny though how so many picked up a new (end of run) HP L 25500 in the $13K range and the next model clicks $26K! And it prints the same speed as the 25500?!

I would have been tempted had there been any $13K 25500s available today. But I guess I'll have to wait a couple years for the latest model to be retailed for half price... Then I'll jump in.

In all fairness, I passed on a new $19K Mutoh 1618a as well that originally sold for $29K.

particleman

We have a L25500 on the way, ordered the day before the promo ended. According to our supplier like cdiesel said, the L25500 is no longer available for purchase. HP sold them all with the last big promo and in fact some people that ordered late won't be getting them.

moggle

New version should have some good updates.

Besides the new inkset, things like ceramic heaters as opposed to the radiant bar style on the 25. Obviously the double sided, increased textile abilities. Increased size. WAY WAY WAY improved take up system just to name a few.

Was speaking to a HP tech today who was saying the ceramic heaters will mean the heating up times will be slashed. Whether true or not I don't know as of yet.

signswi

By the time I jump in?? What I meant is today I put in an order for a new Mutoh 1624 as opposed to the HP. Funny though how so many picked up a new (end of run) HP L 25500 in the $13K range and the next model clicks $26K! And it prints the same speed as the 25500?!

I would have been tempted had there been any $13K 25500s available today. But I guess I'll have to wait a couple years for the latest model to be retailed for half price... Then I'll jump in.

In all fairness, I passed on a new $19K Mutoh 1618a as well that originally sold for $29K.

The value prop isn't in print speed, as you noticed, it's in the newer ink (lower cure temps) and that the machine supports double sided registration using the OMAS sensor. That's a big deal for shops doing double sided banners. Is it worth the $13k difference from the L25500? Depends on your needs but the L25500 stock won't last forever and then the market cycle will continue, with a year or two of the L26500 dropping in price before the L27500 comes out...

That's just how technology works. You buy at the best ROI spot in the tech curve and keep moving forward. That spot is usually right as a model is about to be replaced. Tech pricing works like this throughout the any tech industry, always has. I.E. you don't buy the $1250 newest Intel chip, you buy the one model older version for 1/5 of the cost.