• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP's proposed new logo.

phototec

Yep, logos change over time, the new HP proposal if real, is ok, however the last one is way outside of box for me.

See how the Bell (AT&T) logo has changed over the years.

:omg:

Attachments

• Bell Logo History copy.jpg
    Bell Logo History copy.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 58

ForgeInc

They'll have to change it again in 5 years as it may look cool but it only functions for people who already know the brand really well. There doesn't seem to be a good reason for the redesign either and that's always an error. Who knows maybe a CEO really likes Black Flag.

I think that is exactly why they are exploring it. Their audience DOES know their brand. I would submit, they are not doing it for the audience they already have but rather the audience they DON'T have. That younger, hipper crowd who tend to make decisions more on image or emotions, rather than the 300 lb gorilla who hasn't changed for years. I for one, applaud them for the explorations at least. In the long run, they may not go with it, but I think the effort is valid. Their brand is tired (as is their profits I would guess) and are going through the exercise of "what if?"

It's an extreme change, but being ahead of the curve is a good thing and whether it gets used or not I appreciate the fact they asked the question " do we want to do business as normal, or look ahead and change direction?"

They probably paid a pretty penny for the effort too. Again, good on em for seeing the benefit of good design.

signmeup

If I designed this and posted it up it would say "lip" and be a stupid idea. A fancy design house does it (for presumably big bucks) and it's worthy of consideration. :rolleyes:

It looks like the barbs from barbed wire to me. Friendly.

Attachments

• HPwire.jpg
    HPwire.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 80

Techman

they will learn their lesson just as a few others did.
New Coke did
Just as Tropicana did
and just as pantene is now. Pantene added a large number of new products many of which dubplcate each other, changed the bottle designs and colors. Lost a percentage of sales they will never recover because old customers cannot find their favorite and enw customers cannto choose which one is for them.