• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I CY.com

No time. Nor do I care for any pis match. Only fair to point out the hypocrisy of the comment...

Could care less.... actually.

Our mission is way beyond any of this. We love being wholesale partners but we have more evolved to being overflow partners to bigger shops than ours which has allowed us to run 24/7 non stop and add many machines and head count..

No need to **** up a rope.

skyhigh

Mike, don't you retail also?

Seems to me that jumping on a wholesale only, "FELLOW" merchant member is in pretty poor taste.

Perhaps you should learn when to bite your tongue.

HulkSmash

Mike, don't you retail also?

Seems to me that jumping on a wholesale only, "FELLOW" merchant member is in pretty poor taste.

Perhaps you should learn when to bite your tongue.

I think it's been cleared up already. no need to drag something on.

iSign

No time. Nor do I care for any pis match. Only fair to point out the hypocrisy of the comment...

the hell it has... I don't know either of these guys... but if one respected trade only (wholesale) merchant makes an offhand critique of an unknown, and more or less fictitious phantom... mentioning "retail lowballing" ...and another respected merchant tries to lump him in that category... not only is that an unprovoked & unprofessional attack...

...but coming back later & still clinging to his inaccurate characterization of "hypocrisy"???

...well, unprofessional or not, I don't care how anyone ELSE sees it...
I don't buy the "no time or desire for a pissing match" when Mike's the only one playing that card here, AND HE'S STILL PLAYING IT...

(shame too, because I thought he won the last round... but looking like the loser this time)

Funny I never claimed to be trade only. Our main offerings are to the trade but do service retail at a much much higher margin than our wholesale partners. Why would anyone turn away high margin work.

The difference is the pricing given to each market. When you give an end user trade pricing that is when you have done your wholesale partners wrong...

That was the issue many have had with certain "trade only" suppliers..

Found it ironic a .com biz was taking shots at another .com biz and gave my 2cents based on previous facts..

Last edited:

skyhigh

When you give an end user trade pricing that is when you have done your wholesale partners wrong...

Agree, but...... How is this even relevant when it dosen't pertain to 365, as he is a trade only business? You like to muddy the waters with false accusations Mike.

Found it ironic a .com biz was taking shots at another .com biz and gave my 2cents based on previous facts..

I read it as him taking a "shot" at wholesalers/retailers that play both sides of the fence(cough) without changing their pricing model. The fact that he is an e.commerce biz is irrevelant. I would think that most "wholesale" ONLY to the trade are.

Question for you Mike.......
Our main offerings are to the trade but do service retail at a much much higher margin than our wholesale partners
How does your margin compare to the average "RETAIL ONLY" shops?

skyhigh

This will drag on forever, or until Fred locks it down.....if Mike dosen't get in the last word.

Like his avitar, he gets a tiger by the tail and won't let go. :ROFLMAO:
Right or wrong.

GypsyGraphics

i wish we could see how many missing letters there were between i & cy...
so we could play hangman with it. guess that would be to easy.

signage

do some research!

I_CY.com is an awards and financial grants site for helpfulness and courtesy on the internet. It stands for Internet Helpfulness and Courtesy for You. They place banners such as are being displayed here on various sites and then monitor them for posts that exhibit noteworthy helpfulness and courtesy. When they find anyone that meets their standards, the monitoring stops and they announce who it is and how much money they are giving to him or her.

now you all know:omg::rolleyes:

Marlene

Originally Posted by Fred Weiss http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=946934#post946934
I_CY.com is an awards and financial grants site for helpfulness and courtesy on the internet. It stands for Internet Helpfulness and Courtesy for You. They place banners such as are being displayed here on various sites and then monitor them for posts that exhibit noteworthy helpfulness and courtesy. When they find anyone that meets their standards, the monitoring stops and they announce who it is and how much money they are giving to him or her.

ooops, so much for that I guess....

Last edited by a moderator:

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Why would anyone turn away high margin work.

'High Margin' is a synonym for 'Retail'

We turn it down. Because it's not high margin. There isn't such a thing as high margin work. There's paying the right guy[reputation] to get the job done right, or there's taking a risk with the hungry guy.

To answer your question "why" it's a matter of loyalty and making sure our customers know they are our first priority. We don't do grand format, we're a screen printer. But all things the same, if a wholesale client had a choice between trade-only and someone with a retail side, 11 times out of 10 they would choose the trade only supplier.

**On a side note we have worked with Merritt & Signs365 back when we were a retail sign shop. They BOTH did a stand up job. Merritt was cheaper and took longer on the small orders we placed.

HulkSmash

'High Margin' is a synonym for 'Retail'

We turn it down. Because it's not high margin. There isn't such a thing as high margin work. There's paying the right guy[reputation] to get the job done right, or there's taking a risk with the hungry guy.

To answer your question "why" it's a matter of loyalty and making sure our customers know they are our first priority. We don't do grand format, we're a screen printer. But all things the same, if a wholesale client had a choice between trade-only and someone with a retail side, 11 times out of 10 they would choose the trade only supplier.

**On a side note we have worked with Merritt & Signs365 back when we were a retail sign shop. They BOTH did a stand up job. Merritt was cheaper and took longer on the small orders we placed.

I'm going to be the first to say this is silly talk.

First of all, I do wholesale and retail work. I treat each and every customer the same. How is it a matter of loyalty or priority? It's a matter of who what job came in first.....or who pays more :), and so on. Your making facts up on the spot saying 11/10 would go wholesale. Not true. You know how many wholesale screen printers ive tried to use to print 1000's, of home security signs? many. All of them about 30% of the signs were unreadable or smudged... cracked peeled.. just awful. I started using a NON wholesale company, wala problem solved. It's all about who does it for you... As a retail myself, why would i rather use to the trade only? That would them better then me? What mike said was right. Why turn down work? I'll work every single day, all night, and get no sleep for a week. Hard work, and dedication is what makes a company great to use. Not their association and who they sell to.
no thanks.