• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just threw up in my mouth a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Diaz

Well... I guess this thread is done.

:Sleeping:

What was this thread about again???? Oh yeah the GTO. That poor car. :Big Laugh

Fellers is alright in my book though. They are a bit over the top, but they are a pretty decent supplier. Anytime I have ever poked fun at their style, it was completely unrelated to how I feel about the services they provide.

Joking around about how many times Frank shows up in the pages of the magazine or what they do to the wrap designs that show up in each issue, is harmless in my opinion. Kind of like teasing a good friend about something. If I thought for a moment that it somehow hurt them... I would be against it. However, the fact is we buy supplies from them and help keep them and all of those employees in business. I'm sure THAT is what really maters to them. So I see no "shame" in pointing out the ridiculousness of wrapping a GTO with snakeskin graphics.

Just my 2 cents. Now lighten up everyone.:corndog:

iSign

,...I see no "shame" in pointing out the ridiculousness of wrapping a GTO with snakeskin graphics.

Just my 2 cents. Now lighten up everyone.:corndog:

of course there is no shame in that...

even after 90% of the first 16 posts were negative, I would have never said a thing (except to agree that as another fan of a classic GTO... I'm not feeling the snake skin either)... but when dissing the car turns to "ugly as Frank, or his tattoo"... and another merchant steps up... that was when this thread turned into what it turned into...

...I don't think anybody would take issue with sign & wrap professionals critiquing a questionable wrap design, or whether it spoils, rather then improves the look of a vehicle...

I only think incy stepped in when the bashing turned personal, and (I would guess) he brought up the word "shame' in reference to that...

..and I still wouldn't have commented on those first 16 posts...

it was the turning of the bashing-turned-personal dogpack feeding frenzy onto a merchant that made me feel I had something to say...

...funny that I thought i was "defending" esign's Dan S....and I was mistaken about that... but in MY opinion, the wholesale lynching of merchant members is never really such a great idea... unless at least they have really went beyond the beyond... & it ain't for me to say where that line is... but at least when I though it was a friend of mine... I thought I saw a line crossed...

...and by no means was it at the dissing of snake skin!

cdiesel

Chris & Doug.. two of my favorite people on this forum! You guys both contribute a ton in information and entertainment and S101 is better because of you guys. Not many people call it like it is, but you guys excel at it.

As far as Feller's goes, I think they're a great company. Strong sales reps, people on the phone are friendly, they stock a ton of stuff locally. But their marketing is comical. There's something to be said about putting the president's face on something (think Lee Iacocca and what he did for Chrysler), there's also something to be said about putting that face on EVERYTHING. I've talked to Frank a few times and he seems like a very nice guy. I just don't know about his taste sometimes, but that is what it is. I'm sure he may not like some of the things I do. I'm sure he doesn't give a crap about what I think about his taste, and is much more concerned about what I think of his company.

HulkSmash

I guess because i'm a guy, calling another guy ugly, it's not really an insult, but rather a joke. This OP was about how frank loves him self and his ugly car. I don't think it was inappropriate. I agree there are some threads that warrants much more serious responses, this was not one.

iSign

i heard, he did something really bad that made his wife leave him, and now he thinks that he is a thug.

I suppose this is just man to man joking too?
If I heard unsubstantiated rumors about you, I still wouldn't post them...

but again, none of that crap bothered me & is not why I was posting... I only brought up the "ugly" s#!t to GUESS why incy posted his "shame on you" comment that turned the mob on him... and that I doubted it was about snake skin comments

The follow chart i have created shows the culprit RED HANDED.

this sort of thing was more what I took issue with, the attacks on merchant members threaten the viability of this sites funding, and combined with mob mentality, it has cost Fred merchants in the past.... not that I would ever want to be an admin... but I thought it was Dan, who I really didn't think deserved the slaughter fest... when it turned out not to be Dan... well, my views were still unchanged, even though I might not have bothered posting those views had I known incy was a stranger...

whatever... I've been so busy I forgot how much I like the banter around here...

HulkSmash

I suppose this is just man to man joking too?
If I heard unsubstantiated rumors about you, I still wouldn't post them...

but again, none of that crap bothered me & is not why I was posting... I only brought up the "ugly" s#!t to GUESS why incy posted his "shame on you" comment that turned the mob on him... and that I doubted it was about snake skin comments

this sort of thing was more what I took issue with, the attacks on merchant members threaten the viability of this sites funding, and combined with mob mentality, it has cost Fred merchants in the past.... not that I would ever want to be an admin... but I thought it was Dan, who I really didn't think deserved the slaughter fest... when it turned out not to be Dan... well, my views were still unchanged, even though I might not have bothered posting those views had I known incy was a stranger...

whatever... I've been so busy I forgot how much I like the banter around here...

Yeah frank went from a family man, to a none existing family. I find that ODD. And I never really attacked icny, just kind of called out on who they really were, or rather expounding on that, and asking him how he thought his banner would be successful. Not once did i insult.

If someone is hiding under a rock about who they really are, behind a different company name, wouldn't you like to know? Especially if you plan on doing business with them? What did they do, or reputation did they have to make them change form? Did the MM ever even try to come back and explain why? Maybe that would have changed the outcome

tsgstl

I admin another vbulletin site like this one (not sign related)
We instantly ban multiple accounts. It is not fair for good members to welcome a new member with open arms just to find out that member already existed. However with this "merchant member" setup you guys have here it could be a number of different reasons for the name change.

Both sides of this argument were at fault for crossing the line. I will say we are all adults and I wouldn't base my decision on using a company based on a e-feud.

If he isn't the man behind the company I would feel bad for him losing his job over something like this. I could see a owner being irate over something like this smearing his company name. Its hard to not defend yourself.

kumbaya

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I admin another vbulletin site like this one (not sign related)
We instantly ban multiple accounts. It is not fair for good members to welcome a new member with open arms just to find out that member already existed. However with this "merchant member" setup you guys have here it could be a number of different reasons for the name change.

Both sides of this argument were at fault for crossing the line. I will say we are all adults and I wouldn't base my decision on using a company based on a e-feud.

If he isn't the man behind the company I would feel bad for him losing his job over something like this. I could see a owner being irate over something like this smearing his company name. Its hard to not defend yourself.

kumbaya

And you probably follow the common practice of allowing anyone to join and wait for bad behavior to ban them. Same difference except we also have other criteria in our membership requirements. So we moderate all new registrations and do not, except in rare instances, permit an individual to have more than one account. This was one of them and I accepted the situation with reasonable knowledge of the situation on the basis that it was a new and separate business entity owned by the other. At this point, eSigns does not even show up as a member here with the net effect being nothing more than a common user name change to incy.com.

The other side of the coin is that we certainly permit multiple registrations of different individuals from the same company.

What you that are suspicious don't seem to be prepared to do is to trust me to keep things on the up and up. There was no intent to do anything fraudulent on the part of incy.com or esigns.com and there is no reason to soil the reputations of either company because one chose to give voice to his opinions as to what was being said in this thread. Nor is there any reason to give much consideration to the report of poor support. FWIW, there were legitimate reasons for it that I am aware of and that are beyond the scope of anyone's need to know.

Hey Everyone. Dan Here.

I just want to address a couple of statements that were made regarding Esigns and customer service. I am the one who spoke with 'Adtechia' and most wholesale customers when I was with Esigns, Addy wanted a product that is/was available from multiple sign supply companies (it was not a printed or custom product/simply an off the shelf item that I would buy and simply resell) and I told him what sign supply company I would buy it from and to simply contact them to buy it directly. I exchanged a couple of pm's with him and a single phone call over this product and that was the extent of my dealings with him, so the rest of his rant I simply don't know what he is talking about, politely I simply felt it was easier to tell him where to buy the product direct.

In regards to customer service and Esigns I will state that it has always been a top priority and even though I am no longer a part of the company I feel confident stating customer service is still a primary focus of the company and that they produce a quality product (in my opinion it is absolutely top notch).

Other than that even though I am no longer a part of Esigns I can say that in my experience they provided extremely prompt service and delivery of their products.

I appreciate the support and apologize for the confusion in regards to my current involvement or rather that I am no longer involved. I just want to personally state that Esigns does provide a quality product.

and if anyone hears of a company in need of a veteran sign guy by all means let me know, I'm available :)

Doug, everyone, Thanks for your support any questions or anything I can help with please feel free to contact me or "Incy" (he is a real guy and approachable), there's no big secrets or conspiracy.

Bigdawg

Just Me
What you that are suspicious don't seem to be prepared to do is to trust me to keep things on the up and up. There was no intent to do anything fraudulent on the part of incy.com or esigns.com and there is no reason to soil the reputations of either company because one chose to give voice to his opinions as to what was being said in this thread. Nor is there any reason to give much consideration to the report of poor support. FWIW, there were legitimate reasons for it that I am aware of and that are beyond the scope of anyone's need to know.

I haven't been logging on much because I'm not on the computer as much and my phone doesn't seem to like me being logged in on Signs101. So i spend more of my time right now as a visitor. Working at home today, I was in front of the computer when I saw this latest "thread-turned-into-a-bashfest-unrelated-to-the-original-thread" going on and felt the need to say something.

I trust Fred completely and shame, shame, shame on those of you that think because he doesn't speak up he doesn't know what is going on. He does. He hasn't made Signs 101 this successful by not knowing. And for a professional sign board, this sure doesn't represent some people too awful well.

On a side note, I know the esigns guys personally and have worked with them over a lot of years. Don't like their business model? Don't buy from them. But to trash a merchant member because you THINK he is doing something shady or sneaky is just baloney.

HulkSmash

I haven't been logging on much because I'm not on the computer as much and my phone doesn't seem to like me being logged in on Signs101. So i spend more of my time right now as a visitor. Working at home today, I was in front of the computer when I saw this latest "thread-turned-into-a-bashfest-unrelated-to-the-original-thread" going on and felt the need to say something.

I trust Fred completely and shame, shame, shame on those of you that think because he doesn't speak up he doesn't know what is going on. He does. He hasn't made Signs 101 this successful by not knowing. And for a professional sign board, this sure doesn't represent some people too awful well.

Wait, who'd blaming Fred?!? No one even mentioned Fred.

As for the MM, he jumped into it with another member, and called them stuff like procrap, and what not.

Also - Yeah you're right fred, no one needs explanation on why they changed their name. BUT - doesn't that cause some concern for people who have used them in the past? In this circumstance it makes many think - "Why change a perfectly good company with a "great" reputation who does good work." It would make one think something is going on. Which is why i guess it caused some to be cautious?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Blame it on the Bossa Nova..........................

Attachments

• bossa nova.jpg
    bossa nova.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 60

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like this ?? They must be mating, cause it doesn't look like a '69' to me.... although the 12 volts came through in about 68.

Attachments

• Vdubbs mating.jpg
    Vdubbs mating.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 73

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is this called diverting one's attention away from baddies ?? Shhh...........

Honestly, I don't understand this thread, except for the part where I went AWOL.
Hey Stacy..... what color is that ??

iSign

yeah, ya'll are cool... nobody here was outta line... any lessons anyone else is trying to enlighten us to must be for someone else... ... no reason to grow, lets just get back to goofy distractions

Status
Not open for further replies.