• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just won a bid and need advice! HELP :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, now the way the 'Premier' section works is..... you pick the 'Premier' member you want to answer your question. Send them a PM with the title and request along with a money order for $99.00. They will be first to answer your question and will direct your thread for you. All you do is sit back and read, we'll do the rest.............

:Sleeping:​

:Welcome: to the 'Premier' section.​

Tim Aucoin

Okay, now the way the 'Premier' section works is..... you pick the 'Premier' member you want to answer your question. Send them a PM with the title and request along with a money order for $99.00. They will be first to answer your question and will direct your thread for you. All you do is sit back and read, we'll do the rest.............
:Welcome: to the 'Premier' section.[/INDENT]

Hey, can we make this like a new "reality show". Sort of like Shipping Wars, but we can call it Premiere Section Wars or something stupid like that. It's simple... Gino bids $99 to answer the new member's question... I'll answer it for $89. We're sure to get others involved, and the price may get lower, but you gotta consider the quality of the answer you're going to get and the direction the "pro" will steer the thread in... :rolleyes: I can see A&E picking this show up pretty quick! :ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't know, I really don't watch television, so I have no idea of what you're describing. But if you say so, Okay.

Now I'm off to go dancing............................ :omg:

TammieH

I think you are going to have to chock this up as a lesson learned and do the best you can with what you have, no way you can lose more money by farming out the job.

Re-letter old plastic faces if possible.

CP Signs

It is really nice to see someone that really wants to learn and doesn't pretended to know it all. Good for you. I've seen this too often with coop kids. But once in a while you get one that wants to learn. Bravo

Z SIGNS

You "won" the bid but sounds like like you didn't "win"
Chalk it up to a learning experience.You just paid for a lesson in sign pricing

Tom Dalton

I DO wish that I had some way to price correctly. Its very frustrating not knowing what to charge. I try to add all my costs in and sometimes even add 20 percent to get a little more.

I observed two pricing practices at the previous sign company that I worked for (in the 90's).

1st:
Some people were just using the "sign pricing guide". There was a little "Sign Pricing Guide" book that gave you sq/ft prices for just about every type of sign. Now I believe it is available in an online version.

2nd:
The second method involved marking up all materials need for the job (our price x2) and then adding in all of the estimated labor. The labor was separated by type. So, $100 per hour for 100' crane. And, $60/hour for the van bucket. $40/hour for applying vinyl. $50/hour per design. I had made the boss an excel spread sheet with a bunch of tabs and a bunch of macros. There was one tab for substrates used and one tab for all other materials and one tab for labor. Anyhow, he could zip through and add quantities on the items needed and then click a button to calculate the total cost. That was in the mid 90's. Now I believe that someone (or several someones) built a sign bidding system with material costs that are updated by the author.

-Tom
SignsDirect.com