Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion I know my answer already, what's yours...........................

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by Gino, Jul 10, 2019.

1. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

Even so, when the customer insists on doing it his way after being advised to do otherwise, do you turn the job down? Heck no, you take the money, do the job, and move on.

2. jimbug72

jimbug72 Member

Oct 25, 2008
    South Carolina
    Yeah, scrape it off put the black on. If they are capable of realizing how stupid it looks, charge them double the normal rate to scrape that off (and cover your loss for the first scraping) then charge them to do it back in white again. They'll already have a real life example of how much better it will look in white.

3. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
    CV is cheap. Redo it the way they want. Eventually the regional manager will show up and notice you cant read it then they will sort it out internally and call you to come back and do it white. you get paid twice.

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    i'd propose logo on white band, everyone is happy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    My proposal is to paperwork them to death over the color choice so they go away, problem solved.
    I said white is the correct way to do this, if you want black sign here, then here, next page initial here, here too... pay attention you missed one. Done? just need your ss number, drivers license and sign this personal guarantee and we will send you a proof over in 3 weeks to sign and send back

6. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    You mean you don't need to get those signatures notarized? Man you're easy to work with.

PS... I did work for United State Post Office.. I should of charged $1000 for all the paperwork I had to do...and notarize

7. equippaint

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    That starts with jobs over $300

8. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I quote them a price for doing it their way after I tell them it aint gonna work, and attached to that is a prices for removing and redoing it my way. Sometimes folks dont realize exceptions have to be made in certain situations. People are not "flexible" anymore, people seem to have a machine mentality that does not allow them to think outside the box

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    So you suggest he puts up a grey and pink frosted vinyl logo? Uh ok.

10. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Try double pass or cut logo out of vinyl. Uh OK.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I think the problem was solved about 20 posts ago... Uh OK.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  12. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

Yeah, ain't ?? There goes my happy ending. I'm gonna be needing another one, soon, if this thing reaches page 4. :noway:

13. equippaint

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    fat-lady-sings.png

14. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
  15. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    You'd be surprised how quickly stubbornness evaporates when you explain rationally why the client's idea isn't going to work. Showing them other brand guides isn't the only way to explain it to them – it was just an idea that might help in explaining why reversing to white is a good solution.

16. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Maybe print an AR tag, apply it to the window, then generate some AR artwork of their door in black and white, then drag them out to look at it. You'll need to make sure you have to top dog, he may have to fly in for the demonstration but I'm sure this door will be critical to their operation and branding as a company. If they are still not convinced, take them to court.
    [​IMG]

17. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Yowsa, til I do all these things, make all these different samples, go out there 1/2 a dozen times, I'm gonna hafta up my price another $1,800. Now, that's an expensive frickin' door, huh...... for lettering and no removal.

18. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Thats my exact point... Why go through the hoops? In this case, your explanation converted them, if it didn't move on and let them find out the hard way it doesn't work and let them find the flaws in their overpriced branding guidelines.

19. equippaint

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Id knew you'd be jealous. Has this hit page 4 yet?

20. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Bump