• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion I know my answer already, what's yours...........................

equippaint

My proposal is to paperwork them to death over the color choice so they go away, problem solved.
I said white is the correct way to do this, if you want black sign here, then here, next page initial here, here too... pay attention you missed one. Done? just need your ss number, drivers license and sign this personal guarantee and we will send you a proof over in 3 weeks to sign and send back

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My proposal is to paperwork them to death over the color choice so they go away, problem solved.
I said white is the correct way to do this, if you want black sign here, then here, next page initial here, here too... pay attention you missed one. Done? just need your ss number, drivers license and sign this personal guarantee and we will send you a proof over in 3 weeks to sign and send back

You mean you don't need to get those signatures notarized? Man you're easy to work with.

PS... I did work for United State Post Office.. I should of charged $1000 for all the paperwork I had to do...and notarize

visual800

I quote them a price for doing it their way after I tell them it aint gonna work, and attached to that is a prices for removing and redoing it my way. Sometimes folks dont realize exceptions have to be made in certain situations. People are not "flexible" anymore, people seem to have a machine mentality that does not allow them to think outside the box

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Take some glass etch material and run it through your printer with their logo in red and black, approx 6"x30.5" etch panel.
Adhere to glass, collect money, go home.
So you suggest he puts up a grey and pink frosted vinyl logo? Uh ok.

equippaint

fat-lady-sings.png

shoresigns

What I mean is why invest so much time into showing them other companies guidelines? Even if by extent this is a much larger project, to battle with the stubborn is a fools' errand.

You'd be surprised how quickly stubbornness evaporates when you explain rationally why the client's idea isn't going to work. Showing them other brand guides isn't the only way to explain it to them – it was just an idea that might help in explaining why reversing to white is a good solution.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yowsa, til I do all these things, make all these different samples, go out there 1/2 a dozen times, I'm gonna hafta up my price another $1,800. Now, that's an expensive frickin' door, huh...... for lettering and no removal.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yowsa, til I do all these things, make all these different samples, go out there 1/2 a dozen times, I'm gonna hafta up my price another $1,800. Now, that's an expensive frickin' door, huh...... for lettering and no removal.
Thats my exact point... Why go through the hoops? In this case, your explanation converted them, if it didn't move on and let them find out the hard way it doesn't work and let them find the flaws in their overpriced branding guidelines.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sure, just like your buddy. Taking this thing political right away. No matter what, we just can't get away from it.