• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need a good analogy

WildWestDesigns

This is all because of shows like CSI with people sitting behind computer monitors saying, "Zoom in. Enhance. Enhance. Enhance." That's not how it works, it's not magic.

It also doesn't help that you have software vendors hocking features that allow for cleanup of crappy images with just a few clicks of the button.

Consider y'all lucky though. Atleast when y'all get a good respectable vector, the sky opens up and the angels sing. I get a good respectable vector, there is still a chance that it won't work with production, because the design isn't taking into account physical production (outside of print/web "production").

Imagine trying to tell people that their pristine vector logo will still translate like crap.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Look what just arrived. Much clearer. There is no way I could have guessed what the g looked like if I had to somehow work from the first version

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 10.50.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 10.50.54 AM.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 10.52.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 10.52.54 AM.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 126

bannertime

Look what just arrived. Much clearer. There is no way I could have guessed what the g looked like if I had to somehow work from the first version

Wow! So do a recreation of both art. Then when someone says it should be fine, show them how much of a difference there is between to two final pieces.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Wow! So do a recreation of both art. Then when someone says it should be fine, show them how much of a difference there is between to two final pieces.

Then he's spending his own time and resources when he should just be able to say, "Hey, this is the way it is."

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a sample (kind of like the one in this thread) to show to customers if they make a big stink about getting good (or even reasonable) files. You only have to do that one time!