• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I think my PNC-1000 is printing coords

rickCAD

maybe i should start here....
a friend who resently passed away, gave me this roland pnc-1000. I watched him work it but i never really paid attention (*&^#$*!!!). Anyway, i seem to be hooked up ok
and the plotter seems to be getting something, but it doesnt seem to be transalating right. Because from the all the programs i use(corel10, autocad, and flexisign), i get the same following print out "A0.0;IW0.0.18800...and on".
Any idea why? The driver i'm using is called "PNC1000.rpd" or something an comes from a "Roland RWD-029.rar" file and seems to be working and allowing me to select the LPT1.
Can anyone give me hint on what might be the problem...
I'm more of a CAD/CAM plotter operator.
thanx

rickCAD

opps....
the first thing i meant to add is the fact that maybe it's because i'm driving or sending from an XP and maybe THATS THE PROBLEM!
thanx

rickCAD

I'm just seeing all of this for the first time.....
and i believe OLDPAINT left this message....
But where do you get the "27029 DJ" driver?
thanx

YOU NEED THE 27029 DJ driver.. or it will not work

rickCAD

FIRST OFF..... i just started looking thru this forum and i'm in COMPLETE AWE of how well the orginization and commication here is! (maybe i should get this to the admins)
maybe the specific answer to this problem is here but i havent found it ....YET.
But i'l post this here to see if i get any bites....

a friend who resently passed away, gave me this roland pnc-1000. I watched him work it but i never really paid attention (*&^#$*!!!). Anyway, i seem to be hooked up ok
and the plotter seems to be getting something, but it doesnt seem to be transalating right. Because from the all the programs i use(corel10, autocad, and flexisign), i get the same following print out "A0.0;IW0.0.18800..." and so on. I'm basically testing with Corel10 so lets start there. I'm sure i have the right plotter driver now after crusing thru the community but it must be a setting or .... i seen a cable mentioned... but i'm using my parallel cable i run my HP designjet in the hopes they function the same.
I'm more of a CAD/CAM guy and am just getting into this and would like to see any kind of output to get me into fine tuning the art of it.

hey... thanx for listening...

OldPaint

THE PNC-1000 is an OLDER MACHINE, then the PNC-1100!!!!!
in fact it is one of the 1st ROLANDS...........made to work on WINDOWS 3.11!!!!!!! it is S L O W .........and if your running XP OR VISTA.... it may not run on it.

rickCAD

Jeeezzzz...... i still can't get over how well this web site is....

but anyway maybe the question should be
CAN THE PNC-1000 RUN ON XP?
I'm not to concerned with the speed i quess.... id just like to see it work.. and it was running on 3.11 the last time it was running.
But i really thought most of the discussion was... a PNC-1000 running now... (which i'm assuming is XP or later)
hey thanx again!

rickCAD

hmmmmm
I'm just getting into this and i'm hung up in this response using a pnc-1000 from my win xp corel 10 program on a parallel connection....
it constantly prints "A0.0;IW0.0.18800..." and on and on.
I'm more of a CAD/CAM guy and am just getting into this and would like to see any kind of output to get me into fine tuning of it.

hey... thanx for listening...

rickCAD

i have been using that driver.....
it looks likes it wants to print the coordinates or something like i explained before...
but it is the right driver...
thanx

rickCAD

I've been using that driver.....
so i dont think that is the problem..... but it looks like it wants to plot the coordinates or something. thanx anyway....

rickCAD

FIRST OFF..... i just started looking thru this forum the other day and i'm in COMPLETE AWE of how well the orginization and commication here is!

maybe the specific answer to this problem is here but i havent found it ....YET.
But i'l post this here to see if i get any bites....

a friend who resently passed away, gave me this roland pnc-1000. I watched him work it but i never really paid attention (*&^#$*!!!). Anyway, i seem to be hooked up ok....
and the plotter seems to be getting something, but it doesnt seem to be transalating right. Because from the all the programs i use(corel10, autocad, and flexisign), i get the same following print out "A0.0;IW0.0.18800..." and so on. Thats exactly what it prints everytime..

I'm basically testing with Corel10 and i'm running on XP... so lets start there. I'm sure i have the right plotter driver now after crusing thru the community but it must be a setting or .... i seen a cable mentioned... but i'm using my parallel cable that i run my HP designjet in the hopes they function the same.

I'm more of a CAD/CAM guy and am just getting into this and would like to see some kind of output to get me into fine tuning of it.

hey... thanx for listening... :wavingflag:

Last edited:

astro8

Use a serial cable...probably won't get it to work otherwise....that's how I remember it anyway.

rickCAD

wow.... thats the first i heard a serial cable mentioned....
i'll look around for a serial.... and give it a try...
is it just a conventional serial?

fanprettywomen

I have bought 2months ago used off ebay Roland CAMM-1 PNC-1000, I have no experience and knowledge how to use it. it did not come with any manual or cd.can some one help me for where to get the driver and manual for window exp.I have the CoreldRaw software for cutting Vinyl.thans

it has been YEARS since i have seen a pnc 1000 i do remember that clients had problems when they moved away from windowz 3.11 and that the majority of them just kept an old machine just to run their plotter. for me i would upgrade so that i wouldnt have to keep an old dinosaur like that running. are you trying to run this plotter on a newer computer? do you have access to the old computer that it was running on? that would be the first thing that i did (hook it upto the old machine just to varify that the plotter is operational) before spending a tremendous amount of time hunting for a work around for a newer operating system.

functionpdx

I remember when I first setup my PNC-960 I was getting errors from the pinch rollers not being aligned, also make sure your material is covering the sensor.