• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If you were to move...

Council Grove, KS (County Seat for Morris County)....1 sign shop in town...population around 2,500.....they need competition lol. Better than Hutchinson, KS (County Seat for Reno County)...population 30,000 and 7 sign shops.

GVP

I made my move almost ten years ago to what I consider the best country in the world (sorry, my American friends)

Rooster

I bought a vacation place in Palm Desert this summer, but moving to the US is complicated. So I'll just bust arse all spring summer and fall so I can relax in the hot tub on the deck and watch the golfers walk by when it's cold and snowy here.

As far as moving, Edmonton might be a bit of a shitehole but there's ton's of work if you go out and get it. I'm staying put because the money is too good.

Steve C.

Colorado is nice and I love the mountains. I'm very comfortable here in Texas,
a very conservative state and no state income tax. The scenery here in my
part of the woods is rather bland. Mild winter and scorching summer.

Craig Sjoquist

I live in Orlando Florida 25 years... not a good place to raise a family also bad place for business,

Government here hates free market system, spends only on it self and attracting people here, safety, education, jobs, housing are it's low priority's.

Minnesota is alot better but cold lived there before I moved here.

Texas believes in the free market system and the economy is now doing well there.
So that would be my top choice next choice I have to research more. but Colorado comes to mind.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I think I would move back down to Laurel, Mississippi. I loved living there when I was younger, and would love to get back to be close to old friends that still live there.

On the flip side, my parents still have a cabin on the Tombigbe River in Butler, Al, that I haven't been to in about 12 years. If I was able to just run away from society all together, that is were I would end up.:thumb:

speedmedia

Traverse City, Michigan. Nowhere else but there. If/when we ever retire, we will retire there. We've even considered moving the business up there a few times...

It is a wonderful place! Next time you are up in the area drive up the Leelanau peninsula if you haven't yet. Hit up Glen Arbor, Suttons Bay, Leland.... Some great wineries and restaurants and beautiful sights... If Michigan wasn't such an economic joke right now it is a great state to move to but a terrible place to be self employed!

If it where me Greenvile, SC is very high on my list as is anywhere North of Charlotte, NC or Asheville, NC.

Thanks,
Kurt

Letterbox Mike

It is a wonderful place! Next time you are up in the area drive up the Leelanau peninsula if you haven't yet. Hit up Glen Arbor, Suttons Bay, Leland.... Some great wineries and restaurants and beautiful sights... If Michigan wasn't such an economic joke right now it is a great state to move to but a terrible place to be self employed!

If it where me Greenvile, SC is very high on my list as is anywhere North of Charlotte, NC or Asheville, NC.

Thanks,
Kurt

Actually we visit 4-5 times a year and when we go we stay in the Homestead out in Glen Arbor. If I had to live up there I'd live in Traverse just to be close to civilization, it's a cool city but we spend almost all of our time in Glen Arbor, Leland, Empire, etc.. You cannot beat a special burger at Art's Tavern in GA if your life depended on it. I've spent many years seeking out a better burger and I've yet to find one, they're truly unbelievable. Gotta' love the chili cookoff on the deck at Boone Dock's in Feb too, that's always a good time!

artbot

singapore. a tax haven that was voted one of the least corrupt nations. good place to set up a mega high end printing business to sell to asian billionaires over the next two decades.

india would be my second choice about ten years later.

mrchips

30 years ago, my wife (en 2 kids) and I could have moved anywhere in this country we wanted to. (We did spend 1 whole summer touring the country, coast to coast with mini trips to Colorado, Wyoming etc.)

We moved to NW Connecticut on purpose......

That hasn't changed.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

washingtonsignguy

after the summer we just got, id go anywhere where sun is around for more than 2 months, its nice and i dont mind rain, but it does get old. colorado sounds nice. been to texas a few times, i like it there too.

cartoad

Would move to San Diego, just outside of Balboa park, or maybe LaJolla, that is if money was no issue. Lived there while in the service many moons ago, when a new house in a track was 19-24k, wow! Probably not the same life style now, but my number one choice.

Dave Drane

Greg, if you were looking to move somewhere in Aus I would say the Sunshine Coast in Queeensland is the best but I wouldn't reccomend it because we have enough "bloody southerners" here already!! j/k

andy

North America is too far from dear old blighty but my choices would be

1) The South of France
2) Northern Italy
3) The Catalan area of Spain.

Nice weather, beautiful scenery and only a short plane ride back to Britain.

B-RAD Graphics

OUT OF NJ!!! SOMEWHERE...would love to pack my 2 sons and load my 25' enclosed and just roll out..and tour the country ..til it felt right...LOL :thumb: