• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator

mrmoto95

Hello, I am wondering where to get the best deals on software, that are not pirated, are full versions, not upgrades disguised as full versions, and are at a decent price. I live in a farm type town, so any kind of programs or technology of this type is scarce and high priced. I have a small 1 man shop and need a version of illustrator or corel, but cannot afford $600 plus dollars for a program. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

iSign

nowhere.

that's what it costs.

what do you mean you "need" it?

...for your one man business?

...ever heard "it takes money to make money"?

...if you use it for business... it is an investment, meaning "it will make you more money than it will cost you"

By the way, remember that saying, because guess what... your clients are probably from "a farm type town" and many will probably think signs are scarce & high priced... so you can use that line on them.

Techman

corel is not 600
you can ver 12 for just around $99 bux. Ive seen ver 11 around for 40 bux... any of which will do you just fine. I am afraid that if you do not have the experience to find software to fit your budget then you may not be ready for sign work.

mrmoto95

Maybe I should post this question a little differently...Do any of you, DECENT, quality signwriters, or graphics designers, know the best place to order software from, at a fair price, without feeling ripped off. And have good dealings with....there.

Not to hard of a question. Unless you feel your life is so pathetic that you need to belittle someone to make yourself feel better.
And if you don't have a legit answer, then don't answer.

To Sign Boy, yes I have heard of that saying "it takes money to make money" but at the moment that money goes to other supplies. And I said I was from a " Farm TYPE of town" not hicksville. Meaning, that where I live there are not alot of places to get software. And I "NEED" it to ensure that I don't "LOSE" anymore money from files I design on what I have, and not coming through right at the places I get digital printing done. Thus paying twice or more for prints, that could have been done once IF I had the program my printer uses.

And to TECH Boy, that stated,
"I am afraid that if you do not have the experience to find software to fit your budget then you may not be ready for sign work."
hey jackass, I have been doing signs since the 4B ( if you even know what that is ) and just because I am not rich boy does not mean that you are any better than me because you can go out and buy whatever you want when you want it.

So, in closing, if anyone has something "CONSTRUCTIVE" to add to my "MEAGER" post, then thank you in advance.
To all others who can't help themselves trying feel superior to everyone, PLEASE do not post at all.

Replicator

Penalty Flag ! ! !

mrmoto95 . . . It's OK to call out iSign, but don't call him Sign Boy, as we already have a member named Sign Boy . . . !

Former member

Check ebay and search for Illustrator CS2, thats the previous version. You should be able to get it for around $200. Then if your lucky and its a legit copy, you can register it, and get the upgrade to CS3 for a few hundred more.

But honestly you should really buy CS3 design suite for $1100 direct from adobe, You get photoshop ( and you'll need it eventually) and Illy and Acrobat Pro ( which is great for sending proofs) and InDesign.
I Know its a large expense but well worth it. Also you will be able to upgrade to future versions for much less $$$. Plus you get support from adobe.
You'll solve your problems with you printer.
Good luck.

iSign

well Mister Moto, I guess we'll have to call you WhineBoy won't we?

Illustrator costs what it costs. It doesn't matter where you live, or what you can afford. Either you can afford it, or you can't.

It's not like you can buy a legal copy for half price, if only you knew the secret lair where those of us in the know get deals you hicks can't get... there is no free lunch!

I'm sorry you feel I am writing with some ambitions of perpetuating your feelings of inferiority. It's sorta like your piss poor financial attitude... either you are inferior, or you're not... decide for yourself, don't drag me into it!

by the way... Blades suggestion leaves out an important point... if you wish to buy it used, you don't wish it's 'legit" ...you MUST get an official transfer of license from Adobe, get it signed from the seller, and file it with Adobe... and then you wish that document is legit. Without that document... it's illegal, just like if "someone you know" is a student... that student can purchase Illustrator cheaper... but if someone else not qualified to purchase educational software ends up using it, it is illegal.

Last edited:

wildhock

Sir,

You are a jerk. You come in her looking for software that anyone knows can be found if you simply look!! Your problem is you want it cheep.

You insulted people who have helped many on this site. If you have nothing benificial to offer then go away.

Regards,

Jon

Maybe I should post this question a little differently...Do any of you, DECENT, quality signwriters, or graphics designers, know the best place to order software from, at a fair price, without feeling ripped off. And have good dealings with....there.

Not to hard of a question. Unless you feel your life is so pathetic that you need to belittle someone to make yourself feel better.
And if you don't have a legit answer, then don't answer.

To Sign Boy, yes I have heard of that saying "it takes money to make money" but at the moment that money goes to other supplies. And I said I was from a " Farm TYPE of town" not hicksville. Meaning, that where I live there are not alot of places to get software. And I "NEED" it to ensure that I don't "LOSE" anymore money from files I design on what I have, and not coming through right at the places I get digital printing done. Thus paying twice or more for prints, that could have been done once IF I had the program my printer uses.

And to TECH Boy, that stated,
"I am afraid that if you do not have the experience to find software to fit your budget then you may not be ready for sign work."
hey jackass, I have been doing signs since the 4B ( if you even know what that is ) and just because I am not rich boy does not mean that you are any better than me because you can go out and buy whatever you want when you want it.

So, in closing, if anyone has something "CONSTRUCTIVE" to add to my "MEAGER" post, then thank you in advance.
To all others who can't help themselves trying feel superior to everyone, PLEASE do not post at all.

D&Tgraphics

What is it with these new memebers lately coming on here with HUGE attitudes? I just don't get where they get the balls to come here and act the way they do.

Techman

Boy? You calling me boy,,, Better feel again..

am not rich boy does not mean that you are any better than me because you can go out and buy whatever you want when you want it.

Sorry,, but i cannot buy whatever i want when I want it. Actually I haven't purchased anything new in many months months. Not even a new shirt. But unlike you I do know how to purchase my tools while living on a severely restricted budget.

mrmoto95

Here longer than you dude

What is it with these new memebers lately coming on here with HUGE attitudes? I just don't get where they get the balls to come here and act the way they do.

Better check your facts, seems I have been on this site longer than you. So who's the newbie.
And by the way attitude breeds attitude.
PS Learn how to spell....."memebers"

mrmoto95

Thank you to, BladeGraphics and Vinylman. Those are the types of replies that are appreciated.
I will look into them.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Your best deals on Illustrator or CorelDRAW will be with legitimate online mail order dealers but with software you will not see any great amount of discounting going on because the dealers get only a tiny percentage from Adobe and Corel to work with.

A price comparison site such as THIS can be helpful. I recommend you deal only with those who have a high rating.

In no event should you have to pay $600 for either Illustrator or Corel since list price isn't that high.