• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm running this ad in the World Series Program

Sign_Boy

After posting about the ad I kept reading this thread, then I went to your site and read your restrictions...

Why are there examples of banners showing graphic or pictorial images within the 98 cent category? (Balloons & Sandwich)
When according to your restrictions these examples would not qualify for that price?

I just don't understand... :banghead:You may want to fix that - It's extremely misleading

Fatboy

last for decades?

Dave... quite simply, you are nothing but a lying sack of $#!T
Go find another playground. You are not "one of us"!
You are the enemy. F-off!

Does this type of response make you feel like a bigger man I Sign? Or is it a question of brave behind the keyboard?

iSign

I've been an outspoken & opinionated a$$hole long before the internet, so the keyboard has nothing to do with it.

If you told me or one of my customers that a banner would last for decades because the inks were outgassed at the proper temperature, I would tell you you are a lying sack of crap to your face fat boy...

And I don't give a rats ass if you are a fatter boy then I am, lying is lying, and people lying to take business away from honest hard working sign folks should phuq-off in my opinion.

That don't make be bigger, fatter or longer... it makes me right. Digital banner ink doesn't last decades no matter how pc you want me to post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Techman

I looked at this first time it was up. and then passed on givign an opinion.

I looked at it again just now. It still looks all messed up. Why would someone spend that kind of money and use a composition such as that? Has it been tested? No, I think not.

That add leads no where. It is confusing as to what you are selling. Are you selling canvas? Are you selling a game?

All those angled lines of text lead right off the page. They are so confusing that the eye will not look at them. They look like speed stripes.

The head line is a dead line. Dead as in road kill. There is no compelling reason to read past the head line. There is not a single trigger word in the head line.

The sub head line is just as dead. There is no emotional draw in that ad anywhere.

Your "8x10 canvas prints today" means nothing. So what? Why would that matter. IT does nothing to scratch the itch of the purchaser. You are selling memories. Why are you NOT appealing to point instead of appealing to the cheapness of some ink on some paper?

Whats that kid got to do with it? Its just him? who is he?

There is no call to action either from him or the entire ad. The background on the pic is distracting with all those heads looking out and away. Boring..

The perspective on that one line of text is off.

And finally, leading them away on a internet chase game is a proven loser. No one is goona look up websites to track down FREE shipping code. What makes me say that? Well, I am Mr. average reasonable shopper and I would never play that game. Why in the world would any one want to lead a prospect away from the focus of an ad? The ad is supposed to get orders. Not lead the client on a Easter egg hunt to save a buck...

Sorry. But expecting thousands of responses from this is not goona happen in my uneducated opinion.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Agree to disagree...I say we pull the plug on this whole topic and return to our regularly scheduled program.

There's been over a thousand hits already. That's a lot of attention. It could actually be one of those subliminal marketing ploys....whadya think?

Flame

...do you got one?

You know me! I always got an opinion :)

My opinion.... well, I am friendly with most everyone in this business. I'd struggle with this one though.... that's some pretty cheapo stuff. not a fan of that kind of pricing, OR the business tactics.

As far as the design.....ugh.... yeah. Needs some loving to make it. Not digging it at all. I'd never even notice it flipping through a program.

iSign

thanks for the reply Flame.. I was curious what your opinion was.

I never even thought much about the design because the whole concept of investing on putting that ad n that program... well, I couldn't get past that, even before looking into what kind of sign shop this was for.

Yeah, that pricing? or those tactics?... I'm with you there for sure... harder to be a fan... but you're right... being friendly is worth the effort. I usually try.

SignosaurusRex

This is the Ad I'm running in the program for the American and National league Championship program plus the World Series Program. About 800.000 Copies will be printed.
I'm trying to Brand a few of my web sites.
What do you all think of my AD?

When I looked at this thread Tuesday eve, I chuckled and shook my head for a bit and tuned out, Now...after looking again (like rubber-necking a train wreck), I really only have one thing to say to you....."GFY"! :Big Laugh:omg::Big Laugh

GB2

Old Member
Well, this has taken an interesting tract, though not unexpected. I had not visited his websites when I originally commented, and I still have not visited his websites, so any of my comments are based solely on the original post. I'll be very curious to hear what the final result of all this is. If he fails, only he will lose his investment but everyone here, it seems, will be glad and feel vindicated in some manner. If he has some moderate degree of success...then what? Let me tell you, I see tons of stuff every single day that I wouldn't give two cents for, but someone is making a million dollars on all that junk somewhere. As a matter of fact, if someone gave me $1,000 and said go to the local mall and spend it, I wouldn't be able to. I don't understand how they keep all those stores open. Personally, I still applaud the innovative idea and his willingness to take a risk on it. Time will tell if it was a good idea.

Fatboy

I've been an outspoken & opinionated a$$hole long before the internet, so the keyboard has nothing to do with it.

If you told me or one of my customers that a banner would last for decades because the inks were outgassed at the proper temperature, I would tell you you are a lying sack of crap to your face fat boy...

And I don't give a rats ass if you are a fatter boy then I am, lying is lying, and people lying to take business away from honest hard working sign folks should phuq-off in my opinion.

That don't make be bigger, fatter or longer... it makes me right. Digital banner ink doesn't last decades no matter how pc you want me to post.

lol Ok all sorted out then.:cool1:

petesign

Then an unexpected turn of events took place. The web site exploded with wholesale orders for .98 a square foot banner orders from the silent members of this forum. This last week sales have been fantastic, for our banner sales and I have made a lot of new friends.

That's laughable, now you are just trolling. Quite well, I might add. I have to say, I am really enjoying this thread. By the time you add in all of your insidious hidden costs, you are well over what any local shop could wholesale to another without having to wait for shipping.

My favorite line on your site is "*artwork must be between 225 dots-per-inch and 300 dots-per-inch to obtain photoistic quality."

wtf is photoistic? and on a banner, especially if you are just printing text.. wait a second, why am I trying to teach you something.

Nothing to see here, move along...

HulkSmash

I pay 12 cents a sqft for banner material. a quarter or less for ink. Im sure most others are really close in this purchasing game. Why would anyone on here buy wholesale banners from you when we get them a hell of a lot cheaper?? Like nice try?

Last edited by a moderator:

Billct2

So Dave, seriously, was it a good investment? I have never had any luck with advertising in print media.