• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Initial Blade down leaves nick - WHY? *PIC*

ncpdfsb

Flexisign has a feature that is called overcut, which will run the blade an entered distance so the cut line overlaps usually .05 inch

look under the plotter settings in production manager

above and how is the cut strip? could a bad cutter strip be causing the issue your having??? input proceed. :glasses:

S'N'S

This IS a OFFSET problem so see if your software has OVERCUT, if not check the cutter's menu and keep changing the offset until it closes. Or do both..... It has nothing to do with anything else.
It is where the blade starts its cut and finishes just short of the start point.
Also, aftermarket blades usually have a different offset to the original blades that come with the cutter....especially ebay cheapy's.

n20capri

This IS a OFFSET problem so see if your software has OVERCUT, if not check the cutter's menu and keep changing the offset until it closes. Or do both..... It has nothing to do with anything else.
It is where the blade starts its cut and finishes just short of the start point.
Also, aftermarket blades usually have a different offset to the original blades that come with the cutter....especially ebay cheapy's.

I'll look into offset settings some more. I've tried 3 blades so far - 2 Graphtec blades...the original that I kept, the Graphtec replacement that's still decent and 1 new aftermarket (NOT ebay) - same results with all 3.

Why would this offset issue surface after all this time? I've never had these problems before...Thanks

signage

What happens if you just dra a circle and cut it? It does look like an offset issue! Are you sure the setting you are entering are staying?

n20capri

What happens if you just dra a circle and cut it? It does look like an offset issue! Are you sure the setting you are entering are staying?

A circle, then a sequence of circular numbers/letters (o0OQq):

Font is Myriad Pro - right click create outlines...nothing fancy
Output (Nubs circled - as if you couldn't tell lol):
NubsNew.jpg

Border

This looks like it could be one of several things.

1. Being that the gap is also left when using the pen tool, I would first look at the overcut value and mess with that while using the pen tool to see if you can close up those gaps. Most machines have a stand-alone software app where you can fine tune things much more than you can through your design/cutting program drivers.

2. Blade depth is set too deep, so when the blade goes down initially and it is pointing the wrong way, it would slice into the edge of the letter before it swivels to go in the direction of the cut. -probably not the case though, since the pen tool leaves a gap too.

3. Double check both the blade depth setup per instructions in owner's manual and the down force settings to make sure neither one is too much.

4. Is it possible that somehow the blade holder arm got bent ever so slightly? From a media jam or whatever?

5. Is there a way to re-initialize your cutter to set it back to all of it's factory specs? Maybe call your rep on that one.

6. Try slowing the machine all the way down and make a circle cut without weeding it. Then have a close look at and you might be able to better see exactly where the blade went down and where it stopped in relation to the starting point.

7. Drink heavily:beer

n20capri

This looks like it could be one of several things.

1. Being that the gap is also left when using the pen tool, I would first look at the overcut value and mess with that while using the pen tool to see if you can close up those gaps. Most machines have a stand-alone software app where you can fine tune things much more than you can through your design/cutting program drivers.

2. Blade depth is set too deep, so when the blade goes down initially and it is pointing the wrong way, it would slice into the edge of the letter before it swivels to go in the direction of the cut. -probably not the case though, since the pen tool leaves a gap too.

3. Double check both the blade depth setup per instructions in owner's manual and the down force settings to make sure neither one is too much.

4. Is it possible that somehow the blade holder arm got bent ever so slightly? From a media jam or whatever?

5. Is there a way to re-initialize your cutter to set it back to all of it's factory specs? Maybe call your rep on that one.

6. Try slowing the machine all the way down and make a circle cut without weeding it. Then have a close look at and you might be able to better see exactly where the blade went down and where it stopped in relation to the starting point.

7. Drink heavily:beer

The only thing that has worked so far is # 7! lol.

I don't see an overcut feature using cutting master 2 but I will look again.

I tried a shallower blade depth last week but I will try again now with the new blade and holder.

Even super slow it still leaves the nub.

I've never had a jam so I doubt something is bent but I guess it's possible.

I'd love to reset this back to factory settings but haven't figured out how. I guess that's the next step.

woolly

I'd love to reset this back to factory settings but haven't figured out how. I guess that's the next step.

warning it goes back to factory language hows your japanise, bin there done that.

by chance you have not got tangental emulation switched on have you.

n20capri

warning it goes back to factory language hows your japanise, bin there done that.

by chance you have not got tangental emulation switched on have you.

Konichiwa??? haha. Good to know. :thankyou:

Tangental emilation switched on? Uhhh I don't think so - When I select Tangental there are numbers 1-8 and it looks like 1 is selected...:frustrated:

Tharnpheffa

I have had this problem with certain fonts. Have you tried putting a very thin outline (don't keep original) around what you're cutting? I'm talking .01. It'll stop the blade from lifting and going back down for the entire cut on the object if that's the problem.

n20capri

I have had this problem with certain fonts. Have you tried putting a very thin outline (don't keep original) around what you're cutting? I'm talking .01. It'll stop the blade from lifting and going back down for the entire cut on the object if that's the problem.

I don't understand what do you mean?

Todd M Castle

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but make sure under Tool on the machine make sure it reads 09U and not PEN.

This was one of the main tech support calls I used to get when I did support for people and was a simple fix, if this is the issue :) While on PEN the blade will pick itself up at the last minute and not complete the cut.

Good luck.

Todd

Todd M Castle

hmm 2 years old. Might also be the blade holder. When the holder gets worn out the blade will lean and not make correct circles for example.