• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Initial Blade down leaves nick - WHY? *PIC*

n20capri

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but make sure under Tool on the machine make sure it reads 09U and not PEN.

This was one of the main tech support calls I used to get when I did support for people and was a simple fix, if this is the issue :) While on PEN the blade will pick itself up at the last minute and not complete the cut.

Good luck.

Todd

yes I'm using 09U lol.

S'N'S

Have you worked out your cutting problemo yet? You said you tried to change the offset, but did the changes save or did they default?
In you program setup, it may be called something else other than overcut.....here's a screen shot of another program which just calls it "close" and one of Vinyl Master Pro which calls it "overcut"

Attachments

• overcut.jpg
    overcut.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Overcut vmp.jpg
    Overcut vmp.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

n20capri

Have you worked out your cutting problemo yet? You said you tried to change the offset, but did the changes save or did they default?
In you program setup, it may be called something else other than overcut.....here's a screen shot of another program which just calls it "close" and one of Vinyl Master Pro which calls it "overcut"

I did not fix the issue thanks for replying. I do see overlap but I believe that is for if I need to tile something...I did select this option with .05 (up to .08) as the value but it didn't do a thing...like I said I believe this option is for tiling...

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 76

S'N'S

OK, can you post a screen shot of the properties tag up the top left opened and a pic of the fourth tab across opened (one looks like a plotter knife). The pic you posted is only the plot page, the settings we need will hopefully be in the properties section. I don't have your program, but they are all much alike so hopefully we can work it out. Cheers Gary

n20capri

OK, can you post a screen shot of the properties tag up the top left opened and a pic of the fourth tab across opened (one looks like a plotter knife). The pic you posted is only the plot page, the settings we need will hopefully be in the properties section. I don't have your program, but they are all much alike so hopefully we can work it out. Cheers Gary

I appreciate the help...That properties tab is just for selecting the plotter and the interface...it's attached none-the-less...as are all the others...including the knife tab.
Thanks again,
Mike

Attachments

• Setup2.jpg
    Setup2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Knife.jpg
    Knife.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 84
  • General.jpg
    General.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Layer.jpg
    Layer.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Setup.jpg
    Setup.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 77

S'N'S

Try and check the "Enable Drivers Option" box and then go down to Pitch size and try 0.025 and see how far that closes the gap as I'm not sure of the "Pitch" on your blade....,My Roland is 0.025.
This area allows you to change downforce, speed etc as well.
Cheers Gary

Attachments

• Plotter.jpg
    Plotter.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 66

Ken

More cutting issues...

I would re-do it...
Try again issue...
Dont give up yet'''
Ken

Todd M Castle

To reset the plotter to factory default you first turn the machine off, press and hold the arrow up button and while holding down the arrow up button turn the machine back on.

Good Luck

n20capri

To reset the plotter to factory default you first turn the machine off, press and hold the arrow up button and while holding down the arrow up button turn the machine back on.

Good Luck

Thanks!! Someone on page 1 said something about resetting and Japanese...what's the deal with that?

woolly

Thanks!! Someone on page 1 said something about resetting and Japanese...what's the deal with that?

thats what happened to mine there may be a reset that leaves the language alone.

so looking at the menu tree guessed my way to the language change
woolly

S'N'S

Try and check the "Enable Drivers Option" box and then go down to Pitch size and try 0.025 and see how far that closes the gap as I'm not sure of the "Pitch" on your blade....,My Roland is 0.025.
This area allows you to change downforce, speed etc as well.
Cheers Gary

Did you try this?

PS.Forgot to add to increase the value 0.005 each time until it closes.