• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Input needed on logo design

randya

I am not going to pretend to be a logo designer, but I would like some input from the professionals.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• randyandersonhead6.jpg
    randyandersonhead6.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 105

nikdoobs

My first question is, why is your website called randyanderson.com if your company's name is Beyond Graphics?

randya

My first question is, why is your website called randyanderson.com if your company's name is Beyond Graphics?

I was helping a friend who was without a host or domain evaluate some ideas.

This was something I put together a decade or so ago, I am in need of a logo and thought about rehashing this.

the graphics co

pretty rough all around, colors, letters, comb over, nike swoosh.

What does randyanderson.com do?

Does he dye his hair blue and smile for you? The logo should, either verbally or visually, say something about the company and what they do.

Marlene

is the blue at the top suppose to be a bad comb over and the red swoosh a smile? if so, it's creepy, if not it's creepy

randya

pretty rough all around, colors, letters, comb over, nike swoosh.

What does randyanderson.com do?

Does he dye his hair blue and smile for you? The logo should, either verbally or visually, say something about the company and what they do.

I have Mike Steven's book, but don't have enough background to make it useful to me.

I have some artwork that someone wants to license.
And I have some potential products based on artwork I would like to try and market. T-shirts, artwork, etc

I certainly don't consider myself a designer, but I have developed some techniques that produce some interesting artwork.
So it is a bit difficult for me to say I am a designer, my artwork is all digital, I don't paint.

So what can I say about that with a logo?

thanks

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I was helping a friend who was without a host or domain evaluate some ideas.

This was something I put together a decade or so ago, I am in need of a logo and thought about rehashing this.

This seems bogus...

This is in the top 10 of the worst logo design ever posted here, and your "buddy" is a graphix guy...
Call your friend at Beyond Graphix... he went to Ringling School of Art and Design, I'm sure
he can come up with something better....

woof!

randya

This seems bogus...

This is in the top 10 of the worst logo design ever posted here, and your "buddy" is a graphix guy...
Call your friend at Beyond Graphix... he went to Ringling School of Art and Design, I'm sure
he can come up with something better....

woof!

I assure you it is not bogus.
Just as I assured you I do not pretend to be a logo designer.
Yes, I really am that bad at logo design, enough to make Top Ten, lol!
Can you help?

My friend at Beyond Graphix could and would certainly help me.
But he has just acquired two new pieces of equipment in his shop that he is training on, has a new baby and already works very long hours.
Frankly, I just didn't want to ask him.

I know I can get raw feedback here.
Perhaps I can learn something in the process.

In fact, I already have..... I didn't even see the creepy aspect.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, the insults could really fly around here.... if we knew what it was.

Let me start by asking you...... what does/is that picture supposed to represent..... or how does your friend want to be represented ??

I don't see a thing worth criticizing in your opening post. Not being smart.... like I said, I just don't get it.

Biker Scout

Can't expect the head tech at Mutoh USA to also be good at logo design. He's a geek. Cut the guy some slack! :ROFLMAO:

randya

Well, the insults could really fly around here.... if we knew what it was.

Let me start by asking you...... what does/is that picture supposed to represent..... or how does your friend want to be represented ??

I don't see a thing worth criticizing in your opening post. Not being smart.... like I said, I just don't get it.

I am Randy Anderson and it is for me.
This was something I created years or maybe even a decade or so, probably in Logo Creator, that I just recreated in Illustrator.
The 'face' is meant to be a smiling face to invoke the image of a human being (instant recognition) and I guess that is how I wanted to be represented, as a person.
The focus is the web address. I don't have a brick and mortar and don't see one in my future.

I have done such a wide variety of things that I have difficulty with a logo that identifies the 'products' that I produce.
So the attempt was made to logo me without using my face, which changes with age, facial hair and hairstyles.

Hope that makes some sense.

randya

Can't expect the head tech at Mutoh USA to also be good at logo design. He's a geek. Cut the guy some slack! :ROFLMAO:

It is a bit frustrating, as a geek I tend to be pretty good at most everything I try.
Unfortunately, this is probably my first try.

And I am just one tech of the many that Mutoh has.

Biker Scout

Don't feel so bad, you just use a different part of your brain than most of us do. I look at numbers and I get all flummoxed.

I recommend 'Logo Design' both 1 and 2 by Dan Antonelli, 'Logo, Font, and Lettering Bible' by Leslie Cabarga, any of the design, color, and typography books by Jim Krause, and Logo Lounge books for inspiration. These would be a good way to start.

There are just too many problems with this to even point out. Not to be rude at all, but I think it almost breaks every rule regarding good logo design.