• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inside of windows vinyl question.

Jim Hill

I have some vinyl stickers that have to be mounted to the inside of the glass.

I was thinking of using some clear vinyl and just center the sticker on the clear vinyl to apply it.

Looking for idea's on the best material to use and also the best way to do it.

Thanks Jim

fine point

I am not sure if I am getting what you were saying correctly but you want to:

1.Apply vinyl stickers on second surface of glass,
2.The vinyl stickers are not printed for second surface application,
3.And you want to place the stickers by clear vinyl, like sandwich the stickers between the glass and clear vinyl.

Correct?

If there is a choice, I would just print the sticker on clear vinyl too. If you HAVE to use the stickers you already have, that's a different story.

FP

Jim Hill

Fullpoint

I already have the stickers in stock.

Just need to find a way to mount them to the inside of the glass.

Thanks Jim

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
if you have them, you would need to get some opti-clear adhersive (laminate only) it is a double sided sticky lam that allows you to mirror things

J Hill Designs

you will also need something to cover the adhesive on the decal you will be using

edit: however....its a silly idea. use the correct material

Jim Hill

Here's the problem

I have hundreds of stickers and they are all different designs and 95% of the time they are used only on the outside of things but ever once in a blue moon a customer wants them so they can be mounted on the inside of car windows.

Since they do not want more then one or two mounted this way it does not make much sense for me to start printing the images on clear at this point in time.

I am searching for a way to do this on a limited scale since it's only about 5% or less of our sales.

If I had a great deal of these stickers to do I would use clear vinyl and just reverse print but that is not the case.

Thanks Jim

J Hill Designs

weigh that against how much $/time spent getting/laminating optically clear mounting adhesive, peeling backer, mounting adhesive to adhesive, etc...

petepaz

trim your existing decal close to the edges of the artwork then cut a piece of clear vinyl about 1/4-1/2" bigger all the way around. now mount the two together, adhesive to adhesive. now you will have the excess clear vinyl around the edges of your existing decal and you can stick it to the inside of the window. may take a couple of tries to get the hang of it with out wrinkling or getting bubbles but it will work

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Simple fix. You tell/explain to them what they want is a custom application, so it will take some extra time and cost more. Plain ol' 'supply & demand'.

You don't wrestle with their problems. Remain focused. They want something other than what you produce. Their problem.

You can fix it, but at their expense, not yours.

Jim Hill

Petepaz

Thanks for the great advice.

I believe you advice is just what we were kind of thinking.

Out of every few hundred stickers I sell one person wants them mounted to the inside of their car windows.

There are a few reasons I do not offer them this way and one reason is it is just not very popular and the second reason is most drag racing cars have tinted lexan or glass and the sticker kind of disappears once it is placed on the inside of the windows.

What brand of clear vinyl wound you use?

Thanks Jim Hill

petepaz

i use the oracal 651 for something like that. you could even use cheaper stuff it doesn't matter because you don't need to see the artwork through the adhesive. the art work will be flush against the window.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Simple fix. You tell/explain to them what they want is a custom application, so it will take some extra time and cost more. Plain ol' 'supply & demand'.

You don't wrestle with their problems. Remain focused. They want something other than what you produce. Their problem.

You can fix it, but at their expense, not yours.

zactly....