• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Internet Speed Test 20MB!!?

How fast Is Your Internet Connection??

• Less than 256kb

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 256k-1mb

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • 1-3mb

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • 3-7mb

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • 7-12mb

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • 12-20mb

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • 20+

Votes: 36 20.2%

• Total voters

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Also, unless I have forgotten... mpbs is megaBITS right? So there's 8 bits to a byte, which means my 12 mbps translates to 1.5MB / second. I think telcos like using the mbps though coz the number is bigger hence sounds 'faster' to people who don't know the diff.

You are correct.

mb == megabits

mB == megabytes

kb == kilobits

kB == kilobytes

Firefox

This is the slow option.

Sometimes it hits 25M down and 10M up.

Attachments

• iNetSpeed.jpg
    iNetSpeed.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 116

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Attached is what we are getting at the office. We are using the fastest package from Cablevision. 83.52Mbps down and 12.62Mbps up.

Attachments

• Internet Speed1.JPG
    Internet Speed1.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 103

sghobbies

We currently have 12mb service. We got a call the other day from Windstream. We are located in an area that they are now offering "ethernet internet" I think they called it. Said it was 1G download. It's also $319.00 per month with a 3 year contract.

Attachments

• speed test.jpg
    speed test.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 121

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
well.... I have 60+ mbps down and 12+ mbps up, at home. Only pay $71.02 a month, includes basic cable.

It's Comcastic.

thewvsignguy

Comcast at home
21.36 Down
3.07 Up
15ms Ping

We have crap "bottom of the barrel, step above dial-up" at the office with no other options because we are in a rural area:banghead:

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 114