• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Internet Speed Test 20MB!!?

How fast Is Your Internet Connection??

• Less than 256kb

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 256k-1mb

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • 1-3mb

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • 3-7mb

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • 7-12mb

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • 12-20mb

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • 20+

Votes: 36 20.2%

• Total voters

Alphonse43

My ISP knows it's slow, they're looking into it and have been for several years now with no change.
I've had nothing but problems here, mainly drop outs and slow speeds, I've had technicians almost living here.
Alphonse43

Attachments

• Internet_SpeedTest_26-01-2010.jpg
    Internet_SpeedTest_26-01-2010.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 116

joeshaul

I get around 4-5 megabit, about 1 megabit up. Being out in BFE I'm thankful we're not on dialup though, there is literally 70 miles of nothing (except the Bonneville Salt Flats and some mountains) in a radius around us. My friend in Vegas is getting their 50 mbit connection, sometimes I'm envious, but realistically I rarely use my current capacity anymore.

Techman

charlie,, if you call and moan about the bad speeds,, they can sometimes do a reset and clear the whatever they clar,, and the speeds will go back up. SBC is the same as mine.. And I did the old whine deal and it worked. But, you just can't say "it's slow,, Give them some numbers.. but you should be getting at least 1500 down and 500 up.

They will also say every thing is fine.. It seems they do a test then do a reset and then check system and declare it all good.

Mosh

This is from my farm's computer. It is about half the price I pay at the shop

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbyFosson

Please, do NOT hotlink images... All images posted must be 'attached' using the paperclip icon. This means the image must be on your computer to upload via the attachment tool.

binki

at one time we had direcway (hughes sat) which promised 20mb two way service but never delivered. every time a bird flew in front of the dish the service dropped.

now we have verizon dsl and we pay for and get .768, no more, no less.

at the shop we pay for the same thing, .768 and that is it. no ups, no extras.

Custom_Grafx

Also, unless I have forgotten... mpbs is megaBITS right? So there's 8 bits to a byte, which means my 12 mbps translates to 1.5MB / second. I think telcos like using the mbps though coz the number is bigger hence sounds 'faster' to people who don't know the diff.

letterman7

Seems to vary a little, though. Tried it twice and got two different results... though the second time was the quickest:

speedtest.jpg