• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

iphone 5?

SignManiac

Who gives a damn what phone you choose to use and why. Each of us have different priorities, reasons, and purposes for the things we deem important in our lives. I say the phone you buy is your business and I hope it works the way you want it to. I'm happy with my phone choice and that's all that matters in the end.

There are too many variables in everyone's lives to mean that everything is black and white, right or wrong.

FrankenSigns.biz

It just amazes me at how much assholiness goes on around here and nobody ever calls you fricking bullies out on it. I do it and you think I'm the ass. Who gives a dang what phone you use. I sure don't, but have an opinion that's different from what you think and they're "having a meltdown". You guys are so opinionated and self absorbed you don't know when you're being pranked.

HulkSmash

It just amazes me at how much assholiness goes on around here and nobody ever calls you fricking bullies out on it. I do it and you think I'm the ass. Who gives a dang what phone you use. I sure don't, but have an opinion that's different from what you think and they're "having a meltdown". You guys are so opinionated and self absorbed you don't know when you're being pranked.

It's only a good prank, when other people get it.
Seems you lost.

And calling people who cant afford an expensive phone poor, and ambition less i'm sure doesn't increase the popularity of your "prank"

Mainframe

All jokes aside, have you seen the demo of Siri? This software only runs on the 4s and is a game changer for sure, this is how a smart phone should be made, as I understand it, Siri can learn on the fly and adjust its "thinking" according to trends and how and what you ask it. It also will archive data to use for other & future questions, you can ask it about the weather 5 different ways and it knows how to respond, it does much more than weather. check it out if you get a chance, the android market has nothing like this, I hope to get a 4s soon, it will be my first iphone.

2972renfro

Franken... you are making Mac users look bad. Signmaniacs post #43 said it best for everyone here. To each his own

I am a fan of all things Apple but I don't agree with the direction you take. You are just starting a flame war. If you want to talk about the pros/cons of each platform, you are going about it the wrong way and no one will take you seriously when you do have something reasonable to say

FrankenSigns.biz

Franken... you are making Mac users look bad. Signmaniacs post #43 said it best for everyone here. To each his own

I am a fan of all things Apple but I don't agree with the direction you take. You are just starting a flame war. If you want to talk about the pros/cons of each platform, you are going about it the wrong way and no one will take you seriously when you do have something reasonable to say

You are absolutely right. Please accept my sincerest apology.

Border

Drunky McDrunkenstiein's going to Wally World to see a G*d D*mn F**king moose and nobody is gonna stop him from having a little F**king fun!

FrankenSigns.biz

Drunky McDrunkenstiein's going to Wally World to see a G*d D*mn F**king moose and nobody is gonna stop him from having a little F**king fun!

No I really meant that. I am sorry. I thought I'd dole out a little tit-for-tat and boy, it did not go my way.

Last edited:

Si Allen

You guys have to have the newest latest most gizmoed phones.

Us old Pharts get confuzzled trying to figger them out!

Here's my retro cell phone!

Attachments

• old cell phone.jpg
    old cell phone.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 45

visual800

My question is WHy do people run out and get these brand newly released items at the height of their popularity when they know 1 year from now its old news and less expensive. Is it age? Is it curiosity? Is it the ability to have the latest and greattest and the most ridiculous cost?

I have always bought stuff later and cheaper. Maybe it's because Im older I dont know. Maybe I dont understand owning $600 worth of cellphone. Dont get me wrong Im just as excited to see new things come out cause it means lasts version is cheaper now!

SignManiac

Again, it doesn't matter why people spend a lot of money on a phone. I have my reasons for the things I buy. Mine tend to be more practical. My life is extremely complex and I use tools to help me survive day to day. A phone to me is a tool, just like a router table or flatbed. It's comes down to efficiency for me.

My phone is my computer when I'm not at my shop. It keeps me connected with my clients, helps me get where I'm going when I'm on the road. I have my portfolio with me all the time, even if I don't have internet access. I've landed jobs on the road because I got the email, replied back right away, and gained a new client because of my fast response and quick service. The $5k job that came as a result of that phone more than makes up for the expense of the phone. It's a tool...

So why does anybody who is a musician need to go out and spend thousands of dollars on a guitar when you can buy one at Walmart for $100.00? Why does one guy spend thousands of dollars on aftermarket parts to make his car faster or prettier?

We all have ridiculous ways of spending our money. There's no reason anybody has to justify what they want to piss their money away on. I just don't understand why everyone else cares what I spend mine on. It's my business, and mine alone. I have my reasons, whether anyone else gets it or not.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Again, it doesn't matter why people spend a lot of money on a phone. I have my reasons for the things I buy. Mine tend to be more practical. My life is extremely complex and I use tools to help me survive day to day. A phone to me is a tool, just like a router table or flatbed. It's comes down to efficiency for me.

My phone is my computer when I'm not at my shop. It keeps me connected with my clients, helps me get where I'm going when I'm on the road. I have my portfolio with me all the time, even if I don't have internet access. I've landed jobs on the road because I got the email, replied back right away, and gained a new client because of my fast response and quick service. The $5k job that came as a result of that phone more than makes up for the expense of the phone. It's a tool...

So why does anybody who is a musician need to go out and spend thousands of dollars on a guitar when you can buy one at Walmart for $100.00? Why does one guy spend thousands of dollars on aftermarket parts to make his car faster or prettier?

We all have ridiculous ways of spending our money. There's no reason anybody has to justify what they want to piss their money away on. I just don't understand why everyone else cares what I spend mine on. It's my business, and mine alone. I have my reasons, whether anyone else gets it or not.

+1