• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

iphone 5?

2972renfro

Anyone want to take a stab at what they think will arrive next Tuesday? There is a Apple event and everyone is of course expecting all new phone but there have been NO leaked images just supposed cases that indicate a new form factor

Some say only a revised iphone 4 will be presented. They sure have been able to keep a tight lid on it this time

I hope not to be disappointed

Stealth Ryder

I am considering the iPhone 5 now that Sprint is finally getting it, but have yet to make up my mind... I still really like my HTC EVO 4G, just wonder if I would like the iPhone more...

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Someone at Apple headquarters sent me this image. I was sworn to secrecy but I could not stand keeping the secret anymore. I present you the new iphone 5

Attachments

• brick-iphone-case-articleInline.jpg
    brick-iphone-case-articleInline.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 53

StarSign

The thing with the Iphone is I don't think it goes out of date like andriod phones do. Its much easier to update the iphone. I can't wait

petepaz

i think at this point they are all pretty close. go with the one that your carrier will give you the best price on. i have a HTC thunderbolt and a few people at work have the iphone. i can do pretty much everything they can do and they can do everything i can do. guess you will just have to wait and see what new features the iphone 5 will have

Jim Doggett

Android all the way. Open vs. proprietary wins. Apple does okay as a niche. Microsoft should know better. Windows Phone is a dud, in the marketplace.

I just have to think Android wins, as Microsoft Windows did. All the apps eventually will be developed, mostly, for the #1 platform, which Android is and I suspect will grow to utter dominance.

My guess, anyway ...

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I expect:

- Release of iOS v5
- Price reduction on iPhone 4 including one at $99 (to replace $99 3Gs)
- iPhone 5 (ready for pre-order, released in two weeks)

PatrickC

I agree with Pete. The difference between the two (Android vs. iPhone) is minimal in terms of hardware and software capability. It's just the user interface, that determines how user friendly the phone is. Just stick with what you have if you are happy. For me, I don't even an iPhone, nor Android phone, but I use my iPod Touch everyday, so it makes sense for me to upgrade to iPhone.

radiohead223

personally the android phones have always worked great for me. i've had a few friends and family that moved from having an iphone to android... haven't seen anyone with a android going to an iphone.

myself it's back to the old days of mac vs pc... some like either or but most of the world uses PC or android everyday

qmr55

The thing with the Iphone is I don't think it goes out of date like andriod phones do. Its much easier to update the iphone. I can't wait

How do you figure? Can you change the ROM/OS on your Iphone? Nope

Can you on android devices? Yes!

Which means...when that newest OS comes out from the google/android base, someone will almost always make it work on the "old" but very common phones. That makes these phones up to date, am I right?

Android phones in my opinion are light years ahead of the iPhone...but my opinion may be biased :Big Laugh

J

john1

im awaiting the 5. I will NEVER switch from a iPhone. I had the Droids and hated them. iPhone FTW

Nitsuj

Android all the way. Open vs. proprietary wins. Apple does okay as a niche. Microsoft should know better. Windows Phone is a dud, in the marketplace.

I just have to think Android wins, as Microsoft Windows did. All the apps eventually will be developed, mostly, for the #1 platform, which Android is and I suspect will grow to utter dominance.

My guess, anyway ...

I respectfully disagree. (And I'm not an Apple fanboy, I'm typing this on a PC) I won't go into the open source debate. Suffice to say "open" is an illusion with the Android. But the apps will be developed for the platform that makes the most money for the developers. There is no argument that developers can make more money producing iPhone apps. So that is what they will produce apps for. I think the market will support both platforms. There will always be people that like the way the iPhone works. There will always be people that like the way anything other than Apple works. I've used both, and I like both. There are things I preferred about my Droid, but there are also thing I like better about my current iPhone. 2 good choices, I don't think either is poised to completely dominate the market.

FrankenSigns.biz

Maybe better clarity because my Iphone 4 sure doesn't have it.
I'll never know because not going to upgrade.

So what you saying is that your iPhone 4, with the retina display, the maximum resolution that can be seen by the human eye, lacks clarity? Really?

I, for one, do not believe that you own an iPhone much less an iPhone 4.

Joe Diaz

So what you saying is that your iPhone 4, with the retina display, the maximum resolution that can be seen by the human eye, lacks clarity? Really?

I, for one, do not believe that you own an iPhone much less an iPhone 4.

I was assuming he meant clarity of the phone conversations he has on his iPhone... you know, because it's a phone. :help