• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IRENE..What a pain in the A__!

Typestries

Shops gonna get a good cleaning, because right now it's all on the tables and not the floor. Not sure we'll be open tomorrow because of access issues between my house and the shop. Last night on the island was OK, now we wait to see if the west wind brings the water over from the mainland side.

CES020

How'd y'all make out up north? We are still struggling with it here. Starting day 3 without power at home and no phone or Internet at work.

They said this morning 60% of all homes in this city (population over 1 million) is still without power. You can get in places to eat that are open because they are so packed. No ice anywhere around, no stoplights , just a mess.

I hope y'all made out better than we did!

Big House Signs

We were lucky!! No flooding in the shop. Had electrcity til after the storm..yesterday when the sun came out...all power in town died. Came back on at 2 am. We're in the shop today de-hurricane proofing everything!

Bradster941

For those effected, how did the local signs, (both the ones you made and others), hold up?

I would suspect once the power and phones are back up, your going to be Busy..

CES020

For those effected, how did the local signs, (both the ones you made and others), hold up?

I would suspect once the power and phones are back up, your going to be Busy..

There's a lot of torn up signs around here. I had a call on my cell phone from a customer telling me a sign we installed (4'x8') post and panel type sign, came down, along with another one we did in the area. We went there this morning, only to find the two signs we installed perfectly intact, and to find two other signs close by, not made or installed by us, gone. Nothing but 4" x 4" posts, sticking up out of the ground. No signs of the panels anywhere. I looked for two blocks and saw no signs of it.

I saw a lot of banners, and even mesh banners ripped off their posts, a lot of post and panel systems in the low end real estate market are missing.

I can't say the phone is ringing because it's still not on!

They say we got the worst of the storm. The area where they took the direct hit has way less damage than we do. I've never seen so many trees on house in my life. Big trees. We're talking oak trees, 24-36" in diameter, uprooted and on houses, all over the place.

It's a good time to be in roof repair or tree cutting :)

SAS

There's a lot of signs down around here. Just got internet at home today, got power back Sunday, but the shop may be without power til Friday. There is three sub stations down in the city. There was a lot of trees on power lines all over. We had a break-in at the shop Saturday night, cop said there was four brake-ins before 10:30 that night. With no power, we have no alarm, so I may get hit again before we get power. Now it's storming so I'm sure the electric workers will not get much work done tonight. I had some install work today, I'm taking tomorrow off to help my dad work on his house and some of his rental property. Just had an employee call, his power just went back out from the storm he was helping me tomorrow. He wanted a wake up call. I have more install work for Wednesday, if I don't have power after that, I'm going fishing.

Hope all you up north made it out ok.