• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is it just me?

anotherdog

Exposed too, but no matter how many I have there isn't one in sight.

Years ago I was a film assembler, using medical scalpels on an angled glass surface. Drop one or let it slide off the table and it always fell point down. I had a few close calls and a lot of masking tape used as band-aids.

CES020

I almost posted this a couple of weeks ago. We had 3 new people, some temp, working here and I noticed one thing that constantly bothered me. When I use a xacto knife, I always put it on the table with the blade facing away from me. If I pick it up, the blade is away from me.

All 3 of these people would constantly put the knife down with the blade pointing towards them. I didn't want to go off and seem like some OCD freak at the time. The second day, I reached for something close to a knife and managed to get the tip of the xacto knife jammed about 1/4" deep into the tip of my finger. DANG that hurt.

petepaz

here is one of the situations. in one spot they have a sharpie, highlighter and the utility knife in a small box but also in that box is the packing list envelopes for shipping so when they just throw the knife in there (open) you don't always see what's going on you reach in the box to grab any one of the items and bang you need a band aid.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I always retract the blade. Always.

I started using a piece of three inch foam as an Xacto holder. Works grand! And no more Xactos rolling off the table and onto unexpecting feet.

And blades are always put in the Flintstones vitamins container.

I can say this all for myself. The boss is a different story. At least with the discarded blades and Xactos.