• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a way convert images to vector images?

DnDSigns

its supposed to look like lace, but it will be all black vinyl. Yes it is going on a 4 x 8 Arylic Pylon Face along with lettering.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay then..........

I guess I missed the part of your background, but upon looking at your profile..... how can you do anything without software ??

Not to be mean or whatever, but how are you now generating anything for your business ??

You could simply blow this up with a projector and cut it out with an Xacto knife.

signmeup

The offer in post #10 stands. It would be interesting to hear a bit about your background in the sign business.

Poconopete

They are using Flexi 8.5, I am not familiar with Flexi. Can any one point them to a tut for drawing this with a bezier tool.

Poconopete

from another thread:

Thank you for your help! We have Flexi 8.5 and the cutting software that came with our graphtec 5000-120. I will study these. One more question, maybe someone could answer me please. If I have a...

Border

Attachments

• s101.jpg
    s101.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 97

jiarby

30 seconds to auto trace in Corel... but, as always, the results are unacceptable because of the poor quality of the jpg (jaggies).

For me it was a 3-4 minute hand draw because I am too sloppy on the 1st pass and have to go back and tweak the nodes.

If you are going to be in the sign business very long you need to learn how to use vector illustration software (Corel, Illustrator, Inkscape, etc...).

Redrawing this dress (ignoring any copyright issues) is a basic task and learning to do it is worthwhile.

Looks like you are new in the biz so you will have to do alot yourself initially... later you can hire a graphics weenie so you can focus on running the biz and making sales. Hang in there!

BTW...

Inkscape is FREE opensource software. Download it and kick the tires to get your feet wet.

Attachments

• autotracedress.jpg
    autotracedress.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 89

Billct2

OK, so it's a lace pattern, do a simple trace of the outine and then get a lace fill.
In any case it would be easier to have it printed than cut/weed/tape something that complex.

jiarby

I like to take these things and make lessons for my wife to use (she teaches HS graphics)

Here is the "Dress Shop Sign"

Attachments

• dressshop.jpg
    dressshop.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 98

time2shine

I would suggest a site like www.stockvector.com and find something close already vectorized and ready to rock. And the fun part is you're gonna pay a full dollar for it. If doesn't Illustrator will do an autotrace in about 2 seconds.