• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a way convert images to vector images?

Pat Whatley

DnD, this is going back to your first post about not being a designer, being an installer...DO NOT USE THAT "DRESS" IMAGE. It's going to look like a giant black blob on a sign. It lacks shape and detail and will be completely useless. There is NO WAY POSSIBLE to take that flipper looking artwork and use it effectively.

Go to www.istockphoto.com, find a dress, pay $10 for perfect, effective artwork, and do the job right instead of halfassed. A search for "vector black dress" pulled up 17 pages of results.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I heard that if you join the premium sections all your raster images will be converted to vector automatically.

:Cool 2:

wayne k
guam usa

Last edited:

Edserv

I didn't (and probably should have) read all the replies to you. I think your original question was about converting jpgs or raster images to vector images. Putting aside all the copyright stuff, if you want to learn to convert raster to vector, use Flexi 8.5. Our inside design guy can crank most crappy raster images into nice vectors quickly. He did purchase a "how to" guide to learn Flexi (more than you can from just being good at design programs,) and we mandate that our clients sign a waiver implying that they own the rights to their submitted artwork.
And the REALLY cool thing is, we can normally pick-up $100 to $200 for redoing their logo into a decent vector. So make it a profit center! Feel free to contact me if you have questions (I can try to locate the make and model of the Flexi training video David used to learn how to do this, but I swear- he often has already converted a lot of our crappy artwork before we can even ask him!)

Take care and good luck. (and I AM NOT TRYING TO ADVERTISE MY SERVICES HERE SO BACK OFF) just kidding. haha.
Chris

astrofan

There is nothing more annoying to me than a customer that sends me a 4k image of a photo they stole from the internet and wants it "blown up" to put on a 8'x12' billboard.

GypsyGraphics

Did the guy/gal who actually does the work, called in sick today?

I went to DNDsigns profile page...
Cutter: "Graphtec"
Signmaking & Graphics Software: "n/a."
That's not possible.

Am I missing something here????

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did the guy/gal who actually does the work, called in sick today?

I went to DNDsigns profile page...
Cutter: "Graphtec"
Signmaking & Graphics Software: "n/a."
That's not possible.

Am I missing something here????

That's why I asked some of my earlier questions.

I believe some people leave certain areas blank for whatever reason and never bother going back to fill them in correctly. It does make it somewhat harder to help people some of the times, but I guess they have some top secret software and don't want others to catch on............. :ROFLMAO:

That's why I asked some of my earlier questions.

I believe some people leave certain areas blank for whatever reason and never bother going back to fill them in correctly. It does make it somewhat harder to help people some of the times, but I guess they have some top secret software and don't want others to catch on............. :ROFLMAO:

this comment i am going to make is not saying that DnD is but i also think that many ppl leave it blank if they have pirated software...especially since there is a particular brand and release that is almost a dead give away that it is pirated.

jemmyell

Hi, is it permitted to post a link to someone else's commercial tutorial? I am new to sign making but not to CorelDRAW. A friend of mine has made the best bezier tracing tutorial I have ever seen. I use it for all my inlay stuff now. Is it ok to post links such as this? I have no commercial interest in it whatsoever.

-James

mark in tx

Does anyone else remember that old saturday night live bit where steve martin is standing and pointing asking "What the Hell is that?" over and over again for 5 minutes?

That picture is making me do that.

Artgunner

Okay then..........

I guess I missed the part of your background, but upon looking at your profile..... how can you do anything without software ??

Not to be mean or whatever, but how are you now generating anything for your business ??

You could simply blow this up with a projector and cut it out with an Xacto knife.

Or... use a lucigraph and a tech pen like we did in the old days for images prior to handpainting 14' x 48' billboards. The good ole' days...

Art

SignManiac

I was hoping to see the finished billboard up from this old thread? I'm sure it turned out fantastic. Oh well, one can always hope...