Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISA Las Vegas, Who is going?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Dave Drane, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    I booked today and I will be arriving on 26th April and staying at Excalibur until Saturday 30th. Picking up a car and exploring from Sunday for a month. Would love to meet some 101'ers :thumb:

Tags:
  2. The Equipment Guy

The Equipment Guy Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Dave,

If you are down there for a month, check the Eaglerider website as they are running some great deals on renting Harleys, last year my wife and I rented a couple of Roadglides and checked out the new bridge over the Hoover dam and did a bunch of desert riding. Was great!

My business partner and I are planning on making the trip to ISA, but not 100% committed as of yet.

Craig

3. Dave Drane

Sep 24, 2003
    Thanks for the tip Craig, but we are planning on doing a lot of driving, so far we want to see Utah Wyoming and Colorado and Northern Arizona so we can drop the car back off in Vegas. It saves heaps of money to drop the cars off where you pick them up from.
    There mustn't be much money around because normally lots of yanks like to go to Vegas and write it off taxes as a business trip like I do. The $AU. is hitting parity against the greenback quite often now so it was too good an opportunity too miss.

4. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I am anyone wanna have a beer?

5. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    I already planned to go to Vegas and was pleasantly surprised to hear of the show.
    Haven't booked yet.....waiting for tax returns and still researching hotels.

6. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    i can't wait! look forward to seeing most of you at the show and at/under the bar!

7. Team One Displays

Team One Displays Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I'll be there!

I'm not sure where we are staying yet but it will be a busy couple of weeks for me - I'll probably be in Vegas for about 10 days supervising set ups and tear downs for the show.

8. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I am planning on being there. I am in Vegas at least twice a month anyway. Might as well make it a write off.

9. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Haven't missed a major show since we started. We'll be there.

10. Edserv

Edserv Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Am planning on going, can't wait. Maybe we could start a meet-up forum if it hasn't already been created? It would be a blast to talk to fellow-sign company owners, managers and staff.!
    Chris

11. Dave Drane

Sep 24, 2003
    Good idea! we all need to meet up and have a beer or 3! I'll be the one with the Aussie accent! :toasting:

12. threads1

threads1 Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Ocean City, Maryland
    I plan on going. I have been to a couple of shows in the NorthEast and I thought they were pretty lame. Would you say that the ISA show is the best one to attend? How many days would I need to really see everything.

13. jzorn

jzorn Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Fond du Lac
    what is the website to sign up for the show?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  14. Marco

Marco Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I'll be there with my boots on. Looking for LEDs for cabinet signs and LED neon flex ropes. Hotel, Airfare, Options???

15. Dave Drane

Sep 24, 2003
    http://www.signexpo.org/
    After booking, be sure to follow the links to accommodation packages. Also I think you guys in the states can find it easy to get free passes. It was ony $60 for me and my wife and I need the reciepts as proof that I went to "do business" :ROFLMAO:

16. Edserv

Edserv Member

Feb 22, 2009
    We should all meet at Ellis Island for some great (after a few) beers and their cheap steak or ribs dinner.

17. Edserv

Edserv Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Forgot to mention- anyone wanting to practice their video poker skills, check out www.videopoker.com. It's a free site that will get you in the mood for VEGAS!

18. Dave Drane

Sep 24, 2003
    We'll keep in touch here on 101 and closer to the time we'll make arrangements to meet up like we did in Orlando last year. I just want to meet as many as I can from here.
    :thumb:

19. stoneandtle

stoneandtle Member

Nov 21, 2010
    I'll up for meeting up with everyone from 101! Count me in!

20. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    ISA Vegas is by far the best without traveling to europe!
    friday is never as important, but definately sat.-sun. to have time to see everything and have a solid night of partyin' in VEGAS!