• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues with 3m 180mc

klingsdesigns

This is my 3rd roll that I have been having issues with. I am using the versaworks with roland vp540. Printing vector files. I can print on 40c with ripc3m ij180-10 on standard mode with pass. I have no issues of banding or any white dots coming through the ink. My 180mc used to do that too. Now i have banding issues that i cant adjust the feed to get rid of. I try printing on standard and high quality and the solid black is almost like a washed out black with white of the vinyl coming though the ink. Also other colors have specs of white in it almost as if the ink is flooding the vinyl or floating on it. Are there bad rolls out there or anyone know of anything i can change to get this to work?

strypguy

There is probably nothing you can do if it's not even printing well on High Quality. I've had good luck with the 180mc but also have had those issues on a roll or two. I'd send it back. John

WrapYourCar

It ruined my experience with printing wrap film.. I tend to outsource prints a lot now May be because this happened too often to me! Thanks 3m

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Doesn't look to me like you have issues with the material, especially 3 bad rolls of 180. No way. Looks like you're having hardware/printer/profile problems.

klingsdesigns

Doesn't look to me like you have issues with the material, especially 3 bad rolls of 180. No way. Looks like you're having hardware/printer/profile problems.

4 Rolls ago it was printing ok. I can print on 40C with the same exact profile and it looks perfect. I do know my black head has some deflections but that shouldnt make the ink float, or white dots be in all the ink?

RPM

Are they sending you material with the same lot number? I have ran into that in the past.

Patentagosse

It's my 1st roll of new mC version and colors are not solid... they have white tinny dots everywhere. Previous roll (cV3) with same profile printed nicely.

Here's what it looks like...

Attachments

• IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    307.6 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    391.4 KB · Views: 456

BUCKY

It is more than likely the 3M film. We had the same issues with banding and color problems. We purchased 10 rolls from 3 different suppliers of 180 and the older series
materials as well thinking the 180 may just be a bad lot. No changes to the prints with all three different series of 3M films.
Funny thing was our prints on the 3M180mc-120 looked fine. No banding or color issues. Contacted our 3M rep and he had not heard of any such issues or complaints.
So we then called a tech to service our VS540. The tech worked on our machine for 4 hours and could not figure out the cause or solution. He then sends the 3M rep out
for a visit.
I knew from our testing and the other materials we print on that the issue was not in the machine. After 2 hours of running all the 3M films thru the machine in front
of the rep with terrible results I loaded a roll of Avery1105 sample material we have. Out it comes and the prints looked amazing! Better than they ever have.
We used the same test file, with 3M's profile (which I know is not the thing to do...just proving a point). Needless to say he was lost for words.
Do yourself a favor and order the "NEW" 175Cv3.;)

equippaint

Almost looks like fisheyes. Was any silicon sprayed near the roll? Material kept in a shop where you cleaned your car and sprayed tire shine or some vinyl dressing? Just something to consider too.

klingsdesigns

It's my 1st roll of new mC version and colors are not solid... they have white tinny dots everywhere. Previous roll (cV3) with same profile printed nicely.

Here's what it looks like...

This is exactly what mine is doing, Glad its not just me. I will try and have another roll sent.
I will also look into the 175cv3.

Patentagosse

Almost looks like fisheyes. Was any silicon sprayed near the roll? Material kept in a shop where you cleaned your car and sprayed tire shine or some vinyl dressing? Just something to consider too.

All my rolls are kept in upright position, always in their OEM poly bag, printer is on the mezzanine, far far away from installation bay, sits on anti-static mats in my print room... I've put all the chances on my side for a while... All other films print fine...

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    543.2 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    416.6 KB · Views: 448

papabud

Lone Wolf
All my rolls are kept in upright position, always in their OEM poly bag, printer is on the mezzanine, far far away from installation bay, sits on anti-static mats in my print room... I've put all the chances on my side for a while... All other films print fine...

one thing you might want to adjust, use the plastic roll holders that comes with your rolls. and place them on the floor. its always a good idea to keep your material up off the floor.

Patentagosse

Here's how another roll of 3M prints... I had IJ39 in stock so 'gave it a try. Smooth and solid as expected. I called my supplier and they opened a claim. There's a roll of IJ180Cv3 on the way

*max zoom on my iPhone... texture in colors are pixels

Attachments

• IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 421