• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It's come to this. Drumming up business

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I just put this sign out on the busiest street in town. Hope it brings in some business. We've been dead for 3 weeks. I know it normally slows for everyone this time of year, but its never been this bad.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 91

royster13

Instead of giving 25% away, go see the people.....January is off to a great start for me.....No doubt because most of my competitors do not knock on doors and I do....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Great idea !!

.............. and clever. I might do a variation of that, for chits & giggles on promotions.​

:thankyou:

cute sign! really hope it brings you business! Were actually just starting to pick back up this week after being slow for about a week or two

Mike F

Hope things pick up for you, I've been totally dead the last few weeks as well. Last 2 jobs to come through were some family tree designs and prints, and a logo design & truck lettering / logo decal job I'm working on now. I brought both of them in.

signswi

Is that where the sign is? In the middle of a field in front of an IHOP? Who are the customers, children of the corn in from the field for brunch? ;)

Nice idea, should do a bunch of them, put them all over the area. Make it a thing.

artbot

one suggestion (kind of a behavioral economics thing). the sign is a bit generic and unenergetic.

it says, "please order a sign, go that way". it could say "winter savings days at ThinkSigns!" 25% off banners and more!"

one it says why and how long the discount will last. also it has an implication of empathy along with discount. two it sounds happier.

ThinkRight

I just put this sign out on the busiest street in town. Hope it brings in some business. We've been dead for 3 weeks. I know it normally slows for everyone this time of year, but its never been this bad.

The life size guy hanging a banner that has the discount printed on it would get attention.

mikefine

Great idea. I honestly think you could do a lot more to grab attention, like a picture of the guy appearing without clothes behind the sign, or the guy in a speedo and cowboy boots holding up a banner that says 25% off.

Or what really might be cool, digitally print a banner in front of a picture of the field so the background blends into the customers' POV of the brown grass. giving the appearance that a banner is just floating in air like a magic carpet.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I'm not sure why there is a large grass area in the shopping center, but 45,000 cars pass by each day. It just looks like the middle of a field.

Artbot - I plan on keeping it up through January. Next go around I will come up with something more along your idea.

ThinkRight - I'm still figuring the out how to repeat the message on the store front. If there is a way to do this or something similar, I will.

Letterbox Mike

Good idea, I agree with Artbot though, there's no real attention-grabbing call to action on it, it's just more directional. Next one you do, give the design a bit more punch. I hate tacky bright flashy "SALE" signs, but they do get your attention and that's the point of a sign like that...

CS-SignSupply-TT

Take the creativity to the NEXT LEVEL. Creative signs positioned strategically throughout the community; the signs become "dots"; connect the dots, WIN a PRIZE. Get the local newspaper and favorite radio/tv stations involved. Social media...facebook page! Make sure you collect the email addresses. Special sign promotions for local WINTER CARNIVAL, VALENTINE'S DAY, ST PATRICK'S DAY, SPRING FLING, HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION...you get the idea. OH, one more idea: advertise in the high school student papers for graduation signs

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Great idea. I honestly think you could do a lot more to grab attention, like a picture of the guy appearing without clothes behind the sign, or the guy in a speedo and cowboy boots holding up a banner that says 25% off.

Or what really might be cool, digitally print a banner in front of a picture of the field so the background blends into the customers' POV of the brown grass. giving the appearance that a banner is just floating in air like a magic carpet.

I considered your first option (just not with me in the photo - something from istock), but there would be a strong possibility of someone complaining to code enforcement.

I like the magic carpet idea too.

J

john1

How much are you paying a 24/7 sign holder? LOL

Awesome idea, Usually January and winter months are dead for me but this month already i have made more than i made half of December. I'm happy!

You just have to keep on keepin on man, Keep talking to a variety of people, build relationships and keep your website fresh and updated. I get a few calls a month from my website and it pays off the time i invested in it. I just got a $100 order earlier today from someone who found my while doing a google search. Totally worth it.

artbot

if you could stick a motor on that thing or make it act as a wind powered/sign spinner you might have a good patent on your hands.