• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It's come to this. Drumming up business

TheSnowman

That's a good idea! We've been dead here the last month or so too...was a little above average going into October it felt like, but just dropped off before Christmas, which is normal. Hope it generates some business for ya!

thinksigns

SnowFlake
It is price cutting - for a month to try to increase traffic. IMHO, we have one of the better sign websites in town. We probably have a better social media presence than our competitors. Yet, we've been slow. I'm trying something to see if it works. I figured banners are the perfect sale item to get people in the door to see the other things we can do.

binki

You would think these cities would know that we are just trying to collect more sales tax for them - in Memphis that's 9.25%

It is something like that here too but they want money from the citations as well as far as I can see.

The state also passed an anti mobile sign bill too so those rolling billboards and temporary signs on cars can now be banned by cities.

Dave Drane

Ive been slammed since sept. even through the holidays I almost didnt get everything done...PRAYER WORKS BEST

?? So what you are saying is that if work slows down you just say some prayers and hey presto the phone starts ringing again? That sounds selfish to me.

We've had no slowdown, and have leads pending on 20 new home builder and apartment communities that hopefully will be buying Open House signs from us and hiring us to place them regularly on weekends.

We placed 299,825 Open House weekend directional signs last year, and we're now running over 8,000 a weekend, we feel very blessed and have much gratitude.

Originally Posted by Wraps ink
Ive been slammed since sept. even through the holidays I almost didnt get everything done...PRAYER WORKS BEST

?? So what you are saying is that if work slows down you just say some prayers and hey presto the phone starts ringing again? That sounds selfish to me.

My experience is the only people who knock prayer are ones who haven't tried it.

Your experience must be limited.

I was agnostic until age 45 .... then I actually tried prayer several times a day for a lot of days, and miracles occured for me.

When people say they've tried prayer it's interesting to find out what they did, kind of like someone who says they tried physical exercise but state it doesn't work. Exactly what did they try.

In any even I am glad prayer was suggested in this thread, as I do forget sometimes the gift prayer and meditation can be to me.

We're all on our own journey.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Instead of giving 25% away, go see the people.....January is off to a great start for me.....No doubt because most of my competitors do not knock on doors and I do....

What do you say? Can you give me an example of a typical conversation you have with them (assuming you even get to talk to the owner).
I was going to send an employee out to do the same...but don't want to ask him to do something I'm not willing to do.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
What do you say? Can you give me an example of a typical conversation you have with them (assuming you even get to talk to the owner).
I was going to send an employee out to do the same...but don't want to ask him to do something I'm not willing to do.

It's really not that hard. Just have a brochure, card for contact and a smile (possibly a portfolio if the want to see more) and just do the "Hi!, just driving through the area to give you guys our info in case you guys are looking for new (whatever you specialize in) we are proficient in (whatever you specialize in here) and blah blah blah." answer any questions they might have, shake their hand and go on your way. .. don't be a pest and just be honest about what you do.

It's really not that hard. Just have a brochure, card for contact and a smile (possibly a portfolio if the want to see more) and just do the "Hi!, just driving through the area to give you guys our info in case you guys are looking for new (whatever you specialize in) we are proficient in (whatever you specialize in here) and blah blah blah." answer any questions they might have, shake their hand and go on your way. .. don't be a pest and just be honest about what you do.

Well put!

We do Open house signs, and we walk in with some samples and say we put these up for other area builders or apartments (their competitors) and were wondering if we might be of service to you too.... how is your traffic? Then we try to listen and have a dialog.

Craig Sjoquist

The more rules and regulations they put on signage the HIGHER the VALUE.

Does not know of any government that knows the advertising needs of business in a business district etc.

What they mostly point out is that advertising on premise or where people can see it. ...Outdoor Advertising works and has great value.

cartoad

Wow! 25%, hope this drives some business your way. We have tried something similar, we did a direct mail with printed plastic cards (we have a card printer) with 20% off banners thru Feb. Jan and Feb are typically slow months and very few baners anyway.
So far no bites, but figure it is a good way to keep our name out there and what I discovered is that with the plastic card, when I give it out people keep it, percieved value!

thinksigns

SnowFlake
The bad news - we haven't sold any banners strictly because of the sign.
The good news - we have picked up 4 new customers because they liked the sign and came in and ordered something else.

Plus we sold the apartment complex down the street their own stand-up.

On a side note - I've been using white 10mm coroplast. Nobody locally has black. Anybody have suggestions for that?

Attachments

• standup.jpg
    standup.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 97

Dave Drane

That's good news that something good has come out of it. I love the sign you made and good luck for the future and be paid what you are worth.:rock-n-roll: