• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I've run out of gas on this one

SignosaurusRex

I'm out of gas ....running on empty here at the moment. I don't normally post for input, but what am I missing or needing?

Attachments

• GingerFrame1 copy.jpg
    GingerFrame1 copy.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 96

iSign

I like the pin striping, but since the same shapes are in the border, I'm wondering about adding a texture to the blue, a large ribbon for the sub copy, breaking out of the label, and a half oval rising up from behind the ribbon with some unimportant pictorial that can exist behind the main copy without taking away it's punch.. but to have some fine detail, to offset all the large expanses of simplicity (which I also like a lot).. and maybe little hops flower stalks curving along both sides of the oval (yep.. never seen that idea before huh? :rolleyes:) ..oh well.. a few ideas to mix and match with others & maybe help lead to some new ideas to try... (Looks pretty darn cool already by the way... makes me thirsty)

OldPaint

are those colors set in stone? if not lighter blue in the center, or change pink pin to a process blue or orange. design is great colors just dont pop.

Sticky Signs

I'm no expert and I may or may not have had a few beverages at this point... but, I do like the design. I've looked at it long and hard and I keep asking myself - Where is the Red in the Red Wolves? I don't know, maybe change the blue and purple for some red and swap the gold for some silver.
Wow, 9% beer. Reminds me of this time....

signmeup

What is it? Where is it going to be used? How is it going to be made? Carved, printed, hand painted? Is it a bottle label?
If it is, it's pretty wussy for a "dogs bollocks" 9% beer label. (Don't get me wrong...it's nice and all just not tough enough for a "man's" beer)

Last edited:

daveb

General Know-it-all
To me the "pink" wolves in the background are confusing to the eye, too much going on behind the lettering. Maybe a simple vertical line in a darker blue or a cooler shadow blue or maybe the wolves in a cooler color. Lovin' everything but the pink wolves.:Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A few things come to mind…………

• Some of the colors are too extreme and not complimenting some colors while they are others. That’s what I call eye overload. They’re almost electrifying.
  • I too, think it depends on if this is to become labels, a sign or something else.
  • The wolves look a little like saber tooth lions.
  • Possibly too many pinstripes, especially the wolves. They interfere with the readership of the copy. The copy…. looks great. I wouldn’t change a thing with that.
  • The neon orange wolves at the top are too strong. Try more subdued colors up there.

I think if you’d keep the dark blue background, I’d mute the magenta border a bit. Fill in the wolves and make them a solid, but slightly lighter shade for the background. Simplify your borders so they’re not as many lines going all over the place making it much easier to read.

The outside orange to yellow border I’d change for a solid color that would fit better. Maybe the color down near the bottom.

Layout-wise and balance is really nice. With the main copy looking so frickin’ nice, you might want to bring the Double part up to snuff a little more, but not compete with the main copy.

Jillbeans

I for once totally agree with OP.
By just switching the pink pinkstripes to process blue, it will pop like crazy.
Love....Jill

SignosaurusRex

Okay, here's a re-mix on the right. Any input? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• RedWolvesLager1.jpg
    RedWolvesLager1.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 61
  • RedWolvesLager6..jpg
    RedWolvesLager6..jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

daveb

General Know-it-all
:thumb::thumb::thumb:Don't change a thing, you nailed it. Signmeup will say the wolves at the top are still too red, but I like it.:Big Laugh

threeputt

Before you did the second version, I was going to suggest a radial gradient for the background instead of a solid blue. Maybe something like a lighter blue at the center spreading out to the same darker blue you have.

But the wolves now occupy a lot of the center spot I'd planned for the gradient, so it may not work....or even need to now. I do like version 2.