• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I've run out of gas on this one

iSign

I think having the two head logo on your background distracts from the lettering and it's redundant since you have it up top.
I still have to agree on this point. Especially if background elements will be a good place to shift label art to identify flavors, a repeat of the logo would seem less shiftable...
great tweaks on the coloring though Rex.. I'd have to buy any one of these layouts just for the bottle... for sure!

Steve C.

The primary copy looks skewed left at the top. Did you skew it up for the
slant, or rotate it? Maybe a little of both. I like signmaniacs treatment
of the background with burgundy contour and gold gradient on Red Wolves.
JMHO.

signmeup

Here's a totally different take. Hope you don't mind.

Attachments

• RedWolf.jpg
    RedWolf.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

SignosaurusRex

I still have to agree on this point. Especially if background elements will be a good place to shift label art to identify flavors, a repeat of the logo would seem less shiftable...
great tweaks on the coloring though Rex.. I'd have to buy any one of these layouts just for the bottle... for sure!

My thought was for the double head image in the background to be representative of the bottle contents....Double Head Lager and for that image to change to some other design representative of the next style/flavor such as "Berry Pail Ale". The logo itself will remain only in the top of the label.

The primary copy looks skewed left at the top. Did you skew it up for the
slant, or rotate it? Maybe a little of both. I like signmaniacs treatment
of the background with burgundy contour and gold gradient on Red Wolves.
JMHO.

Increased the italic % of the text, then rotated, then some various tweaks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I remember Iron City... tasted like you know what in a can....... but here's the stuff I grew up on.

old reading beer.jpg
reading beer bottles.jpg

signgal

My thought was for the double head image in the background to be representative of the bottle contents....Double Head Lager and for that image to change to some other design representative of the next style/flavor such as "Berry Pail Ale". The logo itself will remain only in the top of the label.

I agreed with the redundant factor but this makes total sense now. That being said, your second rendition is a lot better because the colors are richer. Dark colors mean money, not run-of-the-mill. my two cents

Steve C.

Playing off of Signmaniac's version and using my font.
I really love the blue background with burgundy contour on the main copy.

The scroll work is also from a new A&S symbol font I'm working on.

Attachments

• red wolves.jpg
    red wolves.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 70

SignManiac

Really nice Steve! That font really makes it in my opinion. I like the arched treatment of the Double head lager better your way also.

SignosaurusRex

Thank you all. :thumb: You have been very helpful with your input and design ideas. :notworthy: With my taking a breather away from it for awhile I think I'm about ready to give it some more attention.

signmeup

I think it gets a bit lost on a dark bottle. Could use a wide, light coloured outline. Maybe gold foil?

Attachments

• RedWolfBottle.jpg
    RedWolfBottle.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 75

Steve C.

Okay, How about this one? Round 3...."DING"...let me have it!

I think that one look great. I'm still a little bothered by the slant of the
main copy, other than that, I love it.

signmeup, on the bottle it will need to be larger than that. I don't know how
you could show the foreshortening around the sides.

Sign_Boy

Rex,
What if you took SignManiac's background idea from HERE along with the "Double Head LAGER" copy (Keep it straight)
Added it to what you have HERE.
Make the "Red Wolves" copy extend out past the gold inline - not by much.
Also tighten up the drop shadow a little.

Can these be printed using a gold foil?

Oh remember you can have a label around the neck of the bottle as well.
http://victorybeer.com/beers/golden-monkey/

Check out a few of these hope it helps:
http://victorybeer.com/beers/

http://www.magichat.net/elixirs/9#/elixirs/9

One last thing. Next time you go to buy some beer bring a few of your designs with you. Make sure you cut them out. Place them on a few bottles and see what one looks the best on the shelf.

signmeup

Steve C's in post #50 is the best so far. Looks so much better with un-distorted main copy and bolder light coloured outline.