• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jesse KILLS IT

quicksigns

I use to watch Monster Garage with Jesse James. Saw the build out tonight and Jesse seems like a douche. Paul Sr. is just a sad dad.

ProWraps

jesse is the sh*t. he is going to put an end to the teutels run on discovery.

that show has gotten so pathetic and tired. im STOKED JJ is coming back to discovery.

he is the most awesome douchebag ive ever seen.

junior has a vagina.

senior i have more respect for, but his bikes or whatever they are are HORRIBLE.

mikey is a SLOB. S to the L to the O to the B. someone needs to shave that dog and teach it to hunt.

qmr55

BRING BACK MONSTER GARAGE AND WEST COAST CHOPPERS

discovery ratings will go up....

(bring back occ when they fought and it will go up as well)

JERHEMI

When all three of them were sitting together I was waiting (and hoping) for Sr. to just stand up and knock Jesse James out on national tv! That jerk would have deserved it for all the crap he was talking!

dj_elite

The "Chopper" thing is over once again, just like the 70's the fad came and went. As much as I like Jesse James, because he is a true old school builder, Im going with Jr. on this one. The new craze in the industry are Baggers and Bobbers, Choppers are dead for at least another 30 years until the cycle comes back around..

Even Bobbers are overplayed now. But speaking of Bobbers. Heres one I built over last winter. Sold it this summer.

Attachments

• bobber 1.jpg
    bobber 1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 106

grafixemporium

ps nice horse bike douche. sr. is over. complete pile of embarassing crap. OCC SUCKS.

LMAO... yeah the horse bike was absolutely ridiculous. I've never seen anything so corny in my life.

There is a market for pretty much everything.

Bottom line is, Junior may build some candy coated bikes with a half gallon gas tank, but there is clearly still a good market for it. They aren't bikes you spend $100k on to ride... they are marketing tools. Nobody ever said they were anything other than that. The challenge wasn't to build the best chopper you could ride across country. It's a bike build competition. Obviously, different bike builders are going to have different interpretations of what a custom bike should look like.

As far as making all your own pieces. That's a load of crap. Where do you draw the line Jessie James? You didn't do your own paint. You didn't build your own motor and trans. You do what you are good at and outsource the rest.

I don't cast my own vinyl, mix my own inks and build my own printers from the ground up before I wrap a car. Does that make me any less of a man?

Warning: Cliche ahead.

Work smarter, not harder.

Junior is a designer. He has a good working knowledge of motorcycles. Who ever said he needed to be a blacksmith to build a bike.

With all that said, the fact is I would buy Jessie James' build off bike. I would ride that. It was my favorite, functional bike in the build off. However, Junior's bike was no less a "motorcycle" by any definition and it was an incredible work of art. It's a show piece. And clearly, after the votes were counted, I'm not alone in my thinking.

SignManiac

Jessie looked like a monkey when he was riding his bike. I was surprised he could reach that high up to hold onto the handle bars. Ape hanger handle bars are the stupidest thing I've ever seen on a bike. How could anyone be comfortable riding in that position. All the blood in his arms must have rushed to his brain.

Pat Whatley

I really think it would have been better if they'd done it like the old biker build-off show. Let them build their bikes....then make them ride them 500 miles to be judged. Sr. never would have gotten his doughnut machine out of the parking lot, Jr would have to stop for gas every 15 minutes, and JJ would have been so cramped up after riding for an hour he'd just say he was too good for the show and disappear.

phototec

I would ride Jesse's bike home though....

Yea, it's the only entry that you could have ridden home!

I don't know about most of you guy's on here, but I ride, not a chopper, but a 2000 Harley Deuce, and if you build a bike to ride, NOT for a TV show, it needs to have a good seat and more than a 1 gallon gas tank.

Jr's gas tank is FAKE, just for looks, so he had to build a real 1 gallon fuel cell (he calls it) on the bottom of the frame, just so his theme bike would have enough fuel to drive it up the ramp and onto the stage. One gallon of fuel running thru that motor wouldn't even make it from one end of the strip to the other, purely a TV theme bike, NOT a real bike that is made to be ridden like JJ's bike.

JJ hand fabricated almost all of his bike, SS frame, tank, front end, etc, Jr. ordered his frame out of a catalog, and built a fake gas tank that would shoot out smoke. Now come-on, who rides a bike with smoke coming out of the gas tank?

And Jr's seat, layered sheet metal with rivets poking you in the ars, that so much Hollywood it's NOT even practical.

I like JJ LIVE TV challenge, he challenged both Jr. and Sr. to join him, get on there so called bikes and ride off the stage down the main streets of Vegas and see who would get the farthest. Jr would run out of gas first, and Sr, well who knows how far his contraption would really travel before the battery went dead of one of the tracts came off.

JJ bike, could be driven all the way to Texas and back, the other two entries should have been disqualified for NOT meeting minimal comfort or distance requirements. What's next, a theme bike with 2 ounces of fuel in the handle bar grip, just so it can be started and run for a minute on stage?

All in all, it is what it is, a made for TV show with writers, producers, camera operators, sound men, grips, and another two dozen others calling the shots to make MONEY for the Discovery channel so they can sell the program to the advertisers.

Jr's winning design can now be put in a museum, were it belongs, because no-one in their right mind could ride that contraption more than a mile without getting rivet rash on their ars...

Jessie James built the ONLY true motorcycle of the three, you know, one that you can get on and ride several hundred miles, passing several gas stations...:ROFLMAO:

Just sayin!

:wavingflag:

Attachments

• american-chopper-jesse-james-bike-9.jpg
    american-chopper-jesse-james-bike-9.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 91
  • american-chopper-jesse-james-bike-4.jpg
    american-chopper-jesse-james-bike-4.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 94
  • american-chopper-jesse-james-bike-2.jpg
    american-chopper-jesse-james-bike-2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 95
  • jesse-james-build-off11.jpg
    jesse-james-build-off11.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 74

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Jr's bike looked the best to me. Jesse was too much of a jerk to get my vote, his bike was sick but his jerky attitude killed it for me.

jeffblair5

For all off you wondering WTH Sr was thinking, I believe he built that POS machine because he knew if he built a real bike he would still come in last. He was trying to save face by making it look like he didn't care and was just going to build something crazy.

Deaton Design

Jesse is too much of an egotistic *** to do anything right. What a jerk.
And I believe if Sr. had let his guys build a real bike, Jesse would have been a distant third.

Sign Works

I think it's all about being a celebrity and the money that that provides. Even Jesse's builds fall way short of any practical motorcycle riding purpose. I believe if you were to peek into Jesse's garage you would more than likely find a Harley Dyna and a BMW, yup production motorcycles that were designed and built to be ridden.