• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just don’t get this essential thing...rant

Stacey K

I like making signs
Just makes me mad. I’m a one person shop who can lock the store and do curbside pick up. Police chief sent out a statement stating he WILL be enforcing the law if anyone doesn’t follow it. However, every bar and restaurant in town is doing take out. Customers in the bar paying, cooks breathing on the food people are eating...gross, not for me. One bar posted 2 times already this week they are booked with orders for the day. To me, this makes ZERO sense to curb the virus! I do not want my doors open, do not want customers in my shop. I just don’t get how all these bars and restaurants are allowed to stay open. It’s just plain gross and I refuse to eat take out. I may be getting slightly obsessed, I wear gloves to the store and sanitize all our groceries and toss the bags and these people are eating all this takeout food? Idk it makes little sense to me.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
From the FDA:

upload_2020-3-27_11-28-5.png

You need to breathe the COVID-19 particles to get infected. Unless you're inhaling your food, it's currently deemed safe to eat.

netsol

we haven't had takeout since this thing started. my concern would be cold food. anything that reaches 180 degrees F for 2 minutes is sterilized. (one of my responsibilities at my first job after high school) so, anything that burns your mouth after being delivered is probably safe

THAT BEING SAID. whoever came up with the statement you can not catch coronavirus from food should find a new career. i can catch coronavirus from touching my mouth and the virus can survive on a stainless steel surface FOR DAYS, but i shouldn't be concerned that someone may have coughed while preparong my food? bull shit

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We haven't quite locked our doors but discourage walk-ins with a notice that they have to pass a temperature check first.
Most turn around when we mention that all we have is a rectal thermometer.

letterman7

Food is considered essential for life. Signs and lettering is not. It's as simple as that. If you're under that kind of lockdown and it's being enforced, deal with it. If you can make stuff and get it shipped out without Johnny Law noticing, all the better.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I agree 100% but I do have some sympathy for them considering most everyone else is still open. Thats not exactly fair. Now under a total lockdown, I wouldnt feel the same.
What pisses me off more so, is that money and work is gonna tighten up or disappear, govt is sending out money to help people yet so many are hitting up the restaurants. Looks to me like people dont need the money that bad.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We haven't quite locked our doors but discourage walk-ins with a notice that they have to pass a temperature check first.
Most turn around when we mention that all we have is a rectal thermometer.

You hiring? I think Gino would like to apply for that position

neutrinocv

Why? Because he is living his life as he sees fit?
Because doing so; he's being another vector for the spread of the virus. Many, many, many lives are at stake here: STAY HOME for a few weeks !!
Not fun and hard on the wallet but this is the price to pay individually and collectively.
Anyone who does not grasp the general concept of this is a complete MORON or a delirious paranoïac (and still a moron).

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I really don’t get it, the less people adhere to the rules the longer this will go on for. There is absolutely no chance of anything returning to normal until AT LEAST may. USA is now #1 with confirmed cases (albeit China has likely massively fudged the numbers).

This will get a whole lot worse before it gets better and needs to be taken VERY seriously. The orange man says it’s only the flu but the USA has over 1000 deaths already. Sure that’s only 1000 out of hundreds of millions but that’s still 1000 empty seats at the dinner table.

WildWestDesigns

I really don’t get it, the less people adhere to the rules the longer this will go on for. There is absolutely no chance of anything returning to normal until AT LEAST may. USA is now #1 with confirmed cases (albeit China has likely massively fudged the numbers).

Davidson County here just came up with a new record. A 2 month old is the youngest confirmed case.

rjssigns

I'm shipping out a graphic today, laminating a shuttle wrap and working on my boat template. When that's done I'm done. Traffic is still goofy around here. Talked to my school lead and he said traffic is crazy by him and nothing has really shut down.
Never realized there were so many "essential" workers in my little town. That 8am stay at home order exponentially increased their numbers.o_O. Idiots.

Anyway I have enough to keep me busy learning the ins and outs of WebEx so I can teach. Managed to get it loaded into BlackBoard and set class times/dates. Sill won't let me share my screen for demos but I'll figure it out...eventually...maybe.

Stay safe my friends.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’m keeping to the “is this job worth dying for” train of thought. So far not much has been so I’m currently in bed eating pizza