• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Just how frickin' stupid can people really be........... ??

Bly

"I have a fleet of taxis. Wrap the first two cheap and you can have the other 20!!"
He got offended when I told him EVERYONE SAYS THAT lol.
It's like we don't have enough idiots here already we have to import them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
"I have a fleet of taxis. Wrap the first two cheap and you can have the other 20!!"

Ha...... the water isn't enough. You need to build a wall...... ah yu-u-u-gh wall !!!!!!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Put deposit down on all 20 and we'll give you a heck of a deal.

mjkjr

Put deposit down on all 20 and we'll give you a heck of a deal.

I'm going to use this from now on.

I got one earlier this year: "I have 6 vans, I just want to put this on the one and see how it holds up before doing the rest". Ok, I told him I'd give him a bulk deal when he does the others, but not in the first one. New client that took a month of back-and-forth and 10x the estimated design time to tease out what he actually wanted (partly my fault for not setting better expectations with this one). At least he paid in cash I guess.

I have told one or two people that claim they wanted to do 5 vehicles that I'd do the 5th one free, all the others at standard pricing. My only other stipulation was that we did all of them within a month or so of each other, I'm not doing a 5th vehicle for free after doing one per year for five years or anything. Haven't had anyone take me up on that one yet.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It's silly how often people use that tacit.. My response is we can give you the discount when you order together.. otherwise it's regular price.

JR's

The multiple sign or multiple vehicles that spread them out through the year and still want the last one free
always aggravates me.
I tell them if I went to the hot dog place where you buy five and get one free and tell them that I want to buy one hotdog a month for five months and in the six-month I want my hot dog free, they would kick me out of the place.

Billct2

OK, this an old thread, but to answer the original question....why can't you just use you own address to fill in the form?

Breezy85

I love threads like this. I had a similar group to share stories with when I was in the restaurant industry. Loving all these stories so far! Haha

Can't say how many times we get people who send us a picture of a sign sample, and say, "I want a sign just like this made. How much would it be?"
"Do you know what size that sign is?"
"I don't know, can't you figure it out from the picture?"
*Facepalm* Without anything to scale or any idea of the size, kind of hard to help you.

Had a hilarious phone call about a month ago, I answered and we clearly have the word "signs" in our business name.
Caller: "Hello, where exactly are you located? I'm trying to find you."
I give them landmarks to explain where we are located. He begins to ask, "Oh okay, great. Do you sell boats?"
He had an accent so I was like, "I'm sorry what was your question?" He said, "Boats. Do you sell boats?" I really had to contain my laughter, and I told him we are a custom sign shop and we do not sell boats. He then realized he must have dialed the wrong number.

Then of course, how many people call on Friday and say they need a sign same day because they need it for the weekend. Or the people that call asking for estimates, we ask when they need it and they say "Yesterday." o_O

Someone on our corporate forums said they had a customer ask for a sign that said "OHIO" on it, when it was finished, they looked at it and said it was spelled wrong---they were holding it upside down.