• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just slipped a disk.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Just got the first $6k+ bill for my daughters 2 day hospital stay a few days ago, nothing serious and we have insurance. It cost more than the week she was in the NICU after she was born. Were paying $19k/yr in health insurance, trying to wrap my head around the purpose of even having it. The medical industry here is totally bending everyone in the usa over a barrel and we just take it. Its not about politics but it keeps getting made that way so we stay preoccupied fighting over it rather than demand fixing it.
The local hospital here strong armed all of the private practices into selling out to them a couple years ago or risk losing hospital privilege. Now this hospital just got bought out by a large national corp. That's great for the people here isnt it? Sorry, had to rant. Hope your back is feeling better.

I got ya beat, my heath insurance for 4 healthy people is $25,164 for the year....

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Makes a $5000 ER visit seem not so ridiculous. You could pay full price for 5 ER visits and be even

I live in Niagara county, your life expectancy here is not good, cancer riddled place. Industry flocked to Niagara Falls in the late 1800's because of the power that could be harnessed from the falls. Toxic waste is buried everywhere here.

I had cancer, my sister died of cancer, my brother had cancer, my other brother had massive tumors in head/neck...

ER visits are cheap compared to cancer

d fleming

My father in law has incurred over 2 mil in medical bills in the last 60 days and is still in hospital.The 2 hr emergency room visit that started this adventure was $28,000.00 for a cat scan and a bag of saline. The insurance company sent them $482.00 and told them to get over it. If you or I tried that we would get sued.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My father in law has incurred over 2 mil in medical bills in the last 60 days and is still in hospital.The 2 hr emergency room visit that started this adventure was $28,000.00 for a cat scan and a bag of saline. The insurance company sent them $482.00 and told them to get over it. If you or I tried that we would get sued.
:roflmao:

I always look at the billing details, and it's amusing at what the DR asks for and what insurance pays them... SO WHY AM I PAYING $1500/mo if your only giving 10%??

TimToad

Are you talking about free healthcare for everyone? That's crap? Close down the internet? Huh?

Yes, many Americans would rather pay through the nose for mediocre care, the most expensive drugs on earth and a luxurious life for insurance company executives than confront the pink elephant in the room.

Johnny Best

We, US, have the best doctors and hospitals in the world. Mick Jagger is having heart surgery here. Now there’s a guy who can afford it.
I am sure he will get the best care.
He is not going to Canada or England to have it done but here.
I want some drugs to see pink elephants please.
Like I have stated before one of the only good things about getting old is Medicare.

TimToad

I live in Niagara county, your life expectancy here is not good, cancer riddled place. Industry flocked to Niagara Falls in the late 1800's because of the power that could be harnessed from the falls. Toxic waste is buried everywhere here.

I had cancer, my sister died of cancer, my brother had cancer, my other brother had massive tumors in head/neck...

ER visits are cheap compared to cancer

My heart truly goes out to you and your loved ones. We lost our mom at age 47 and her entire family to cancer back in the 70's.

It's been estimated that ANY cancer diagnosis no matter how minimal or survivable will result in wiping out the entire savings of 50% of Americans and medical bills are the single biggest cause of personal bankruptcies.

There are cancer alleys and hot spots all over the country with far higher rates than places where mass industrial wastes weren't willfully dumped and environmental cleanups have occurred. After the Flint, MI water debacle hit the news (still hasn't been fixed) it was discovered that there are over 5,000 OTHER communities in the U.S. with similar issues.

It's all crap though and shouldn't be discussed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My heart truly goes out to you and your loved ones. We lost our mom at age 47 and her entire family to cancer back in the 70's.

It's been estimated that ANY cancer diagnosis no matter how minimal or survivable will result in wiping out the entire savings of 50% of Americans and medical bills are the single biggest cause of personal bankruptcies.

There are cancer alleys and hot spots all over the country with far higher rates than places where mass industrial wastes weren't willfully dumped and environmental cleanups have occurred. After the Flint, MI water debacle hit the news (still hasn't been fixed) it was discovered that there are over 5,000 OTHER communities in the U.S. with similar issues.

That's right toad !! When using someone else's thread to promote this kinda crap, it's as wrong as you are. The people starting this crap, might try starting their own thread on this matter and you can crap all over it, where it's meant to be, but not in this guy's thread. Capiche ??

Besides, I thought you put me on ignore, so you don't see my silly nonsense and condescending remarks..........​

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

:roflmao:

player

We, US, have the best doctors and hospitals in the world. Mick Jagger is having heart surgery here. Now there’s a guy who can afford it.
I am sure he will get the best care.
He is not going to Canada or England to have it done but here.
I want some drugs to see pink elephants please.
Like I have stated before one of the only good things about getting old is Medicare.
We have great doctors in Canada as well... Money doesn't let you jump the que here though. It is based on a triage system first, then the wait list model 2nd. If you are rich, the US is a great place for health care. If you are poor, well I am glad to be in Canada. There are some things that are not perfect with our system, but for the most part it has not failed me or my family.

petepaz

i do know stretches you can do to relive the pain from the pinched nerve but can't really explain them. try searching on youtube. and yoga is great. but as already mentioned ice and heat are great and some Advil. also now that you have an issue it will be good to stretch or do yoga on a regular basis. the looser you keep the muscles and tendons the better. usually something like this just progressively gets worse as time goes on if you keep aggravating it and not doing anything to help it

Johnny Best

Talk about crap! I have listen to Canadians for 50 years with their criticism of the US government's politics.
But they love to come to the US in droves for shopping and vacations. Player is a prime example, he sees an opportunity
to jump on our health care and says how good Canada's is to ours. Then they go an elect Trudeau. We don't have the greatest elected officials either so we are pretty much even on that point.
Not all Canadians are that way, most are great people and love their hockey teams and beer.
And water as Toad wrote, California has a major problem with that. Look in your own back yard before you look in your neighbors. Unless you have a hot lady neighbor who lays out by the pool for a tan.
So as Gino says, "its all crap" and start a new post if you want to divert the flow in the sewer line.
This was suppose to be about a slipped disk.

player

Talk about crap! I have listen to Canadians for 50 years with their criticism of the US government's politics.
But they love to come to the US in droves for shopping and vacations. Player is a prime example, he sees an opportunity
to jump on our health care and says how good Canada's is to ours. Then they go an elect Trudeau. We don't have the greatest elected officials either so we are pretty much even on that point.
Not all Canadians are that way, most are great people and love their hockey teams and beer.
And water as Toad wrote, California has a major problem with that. Look in your own back yard before you look in your neighbors. Unless you have a hot lady neighbor who lays out by the pool for a tan.
So as Gino says, "its all crap" and start a new post if you want to divert the flow in the sewer line.
This was suppose to be about a slipped disk.
You are way too snippy. I guess your culture is to attack when questioned. You are also trying to subvert free speech. Anyhow enjoy what you have. I guess you are right. This thread is about a slipped disk. How sad is it that instead of going the hospital and getting medical treatment the solution is to go to a sign forum and get diagnosed by sign workers. I will not post on this thread again. You guys can get back to the diagnosis at hand.

Last edited:

Bly

We have "free" healthcare here in Aus too. Of course it comes out of our taxes.
For life threatening cases it works well but for anything non urgent you'll be waiting to get treated.
It has it's good points but we still have private health insurance which isn't cheap.
Like the US it still doesn't cover all your expenses. Goes up every year too.

petepaz

while we are on the subject.... here's a good in shop experience for your back. opening and loading a new roll of 63" x 167' scrim banner material.
that does wonders for your back...haha...ouch

TimToad

while we are on the subject.... here's a good in shop experience for your back. opening and loading a new roll of 63" x 167' scrim banner material.
that does wonders for your back...haha...ouch

Judging from the guns you're flexing in your profile pic, I have a feeling you're not struggling too much with those rolls of scrim. Lol