• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help L25500 need help

tomcnc

Hi I am new here. I have a l25500 put in a new cartridge and belt both are original hp and encoder strip is a China one.
Ok I boot printer up it loading the cartridge move to right then when it goes to the lefted it gives me error 86:01. But when I do the scan axis test it give me this error.
Trying my best to get this printer up and running for now I have less then 600 invested in it. Can anybody help me with this printer is for my daughter to learn for now
Thanks Tom

Attachments

• 20200926_183032.jpg
    20200926_183032.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
  • 20200926_151952.jpg
    20200926_151952.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 137
  • 20200926_152016.jpg
    20200926_152016.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 118

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well it sounds like your chinese encoder strip is no good. That's what it says right?

Get an original and I bet that goes away.

jimboeejit

cant help but think of the belt being put in correct place...as the jointer on it may be hitting the motors or something...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-214840.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-214840.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20200927-215043.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-215043.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 125

Nehal

Hi I am new here. I have a l25500 put in a new cartridge and belt both are original hp and encoder strip is a China one.
Ok I boot printer up it loading the cartridge move to right then when it goes to the lefted it gives me error 86:01. But when I do the scan axis test it give me this error.
Trying my best to get this printer up and running for now I have less then 600 invested in it. Can anybody help me with this printer is for my daughter to learn for now
Thanks Tom
Find
Thanks Tom
Hi,
Check this. You will solve
https://signs101.com/threads/l25500...-process-of-the-carriage.149879/#post-1470662

Nehal

Thanks Tom
Check this and solve.
https://signs101.com/threads/l25500-trouble-after-belt-replacement.153328/#post-1470658

tomcnc

Ok
Did PCA test it pass
Line sensor pass
Paper jam test pass
Scan axis fail again
I going try keep adjusting the rubber parts to see it one pass first one fail still.
I going try get a new encoder strip try for the original one but dont know if I should put more money into it.i still will need to get new printheads and ink.

Attachments

• 20200927_175839.jpg
    20200927_175839.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119

Nehal

Ok
Did PCA test it pass
Line sensor pass
Paper jam test pass
Scan axis fail again
I going try keep adjusting the rubber parts to see it one pass first one fail still.
I going try get a new encoder strip try for the original one but dont know if I should put more money into it.i still will need to get new printheads and ink.

Make sure Encoder strip is not damage & it must be original.
Re calibrate scan axis.
After replacing belt you must re calibrate scan axis.
Printer don't know where to start & where to stop.
It will do left bump & right bump all those things in calibration.
Read manual how to do.
Must must pass scan axis & calibrate again.
Use good rubber piece.Solid as in my photo.

tomcnc

Make sure Encoder strip is not damage & it must be original.
Re calibrate scan axis.
After replacing belt you must re calibrate scan axis.
Printer don't know where to start & where to stop.
It will do left bump & right bump all those things in calibration.
Read manual how to do.
Must must pass scan axis & calibrate again.
Use good rubber piece.Solid as in my photo.
ok i just notice when i do scan axis test it says its going to move cartridge to the middle but it dont it move just alittle from the left side
how do i re calibrate scan axis i am in the service menu but i dont see it at all

Nehal

ok i just notice when i do scan axis test it says its going to move cartridge to the middle but it dont it move just alittle from the left side
how do i re calibrate scan axis i am in the service menu but i dont see it at all
You can not do from service menu.
Read my above post & manual properly.Everything is there. Just follow proper steps.