• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating by hand

signmeup

I just do it wet.
I no longer do it wet. I made a bunch of big squeegees and it's so much better than wet it's not funny. I even made a 10" one for a job doing 30 small exit signs. The few minutes spent making the squeegee were well worth the time saved on that one job.

Doing it dry is way faster and the backing never gets any water on it which can cause problems later. The little bit of silvering goes away overnight.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
How disappointing,
I always thought Mosh would look more like Ted......

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• 13603_Ted Nugent.jpg
    13603_Ted Nugent.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 91

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Mosh has a Justin Bieber haircut?

I envisioned Iggy Pop w/ a shotgun hunting skunks and 3 legged cats...

Mosh

Now I got this youtube thing down just wait.....BTW growing my hair out again, not going for the Beiber look...although it does get the ladies!!! Going to post some vid of me chasing looters out of the flood area, scaring for them!

jbennett

+1 for the BS. We use ours now more for mounting coro since we have a daige for lam (still use occasionally for lam and plan to eventually get the 55"). Works like a charm. Not sure if it is still the way it used to be, but last I knew the creator of the BS was a merchant member here and offered discount to signs101 members.

jbennett

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Yes, I'm still here, Over my head in debt but still here.

...I made a bunch of big squeegees and it's so much better than wet it's not funny. I even made a 10" one for a job doing 30 small exit signs. The few minutes spent making the squeegee were well worth the time saved on that one job.

Doing it dry is way faster and the backing never gets any water on it which can cause problems later. The little bit of silvering goes away overnight.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Making your own does not support the source of information you got in order for you to make it. I have had some other ideas that would help small shops but I just don't have the resources to develop them futher. Things like the slitter just won't make it.

The benifit of owning a standard produced tool is that everyone is on the same page. If you have problems and have only the tools you make, I can't be sure that what you have is going to work the same way.
+1 for the BS. We use ours now more for mounting coro since we have a daige for lam (still use occasionally for lam and plan to eventually get the 55"). Works like a charm. Not sure if it is still the way it used to be, but last I knew the creator of the BS was a merchant member here and offered discount to signs101 members.

jbennett

signmeup

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Making your own does not support the source of information you got in order for you to make it. I have had some other ideas that would help small shops but I just don't have the resources to develop them futher. Things like the slitter just won't make it.

The benifit of owning a standard produced tool is that everyone is on the same page. If you have problems and have only the tools you make, I can't be sure that what you have is going to work the same way.
Sorry Dale but the reason you're in dept over this is you came up with a truly great technique and mistook it for a product. If you can find a way to get people to "support the source of information" you may have something. It's just too easy to slap a strip of Velcro on the edge of whatever flat stock is handy. Maybe instructional videos?

Ever watch Dragon's Den? Every week they tell someone to stop doing whatever it is they have been sinking their souls into. If you are thousands of dollars in dept then it may be time...

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Sorry Dale but the reason you're in dept over this is you came up with a truly great technique and mistook it for a product. If you can find a way to get people to "support the source of information" you may have something. It's just too easy to slap a strip of Velcro on the edge of whatever flat stock is handy. Maybe instructional videos?

Ever watch Dragon's Den? Every week they tell someone to stop doing whatever it is they have been sinking their souls into. If you are thousands of dollars in dept then it may be time...
You have a point. I suppose that if I had just kept that technique to myself and not tried to market it, you would still be battling the installs the way you have always done it. It is the product that has provided you with the technique. Since you don't see the value in that, you may not see anything else come from me. Perhaps it is time for me to move on to a different market.

signmeup

You have a point. I suppose that if I had just kept that technique to myself and not tried to market it, you would still be battling the installs the way you have always done it. It is the product that has provided you with the technique. Since you don't see the value in that, you may not see anything else come from me. Perhaps it is time for me to move on to a different market.
No... I saw the technique and aped it. The technique is the product. Perhaps a DVD showing how to make and use the tools would make money. I don't know. It is a brilliant technique... I just think it's too easy a product to fabricate in shop. Especially for a group of people who are used to fabricating things far more complex on a regular basis.
I literally picked up a scrap piece of Alupanel that was lying on the floor and stuck a strip of velcro on the edge. Didn't cut it size or anything. Works great!

jbennett

Nothing to do with the debate, but would tell anyone that if they are interested in a high quality tool for the hand mounting lamming technique, the bs is unparalleled. Have used mine for years now and it works as well as the day I bought it. No debating that it was money well spent!

Jbennett

signmeup

:banghead::toasting:I sure fell for that one.:banghead:
That's what I'm sayin'. It's a great consept but too easy to duplicate. You would need them to be dirt cheap and everywhere for most people to buy them. Then there's the problem of it appealing to a very small market. Not to mention letting that market know you exist. Have you talked to Jon Aston? Maybe he has a rabbit up his sleeve?

JR's

but would tell anyone that if they are interested in a high quality tool for the hand mounting lamming technique, the bs is unparalleled. Have used mine for years now and it works as well as the day I bought it. No debating that it was money well spent!

Jbennett

:thumb: :thumb: :goodpost:

thanks Dale for your BS its made my life better.

JR