• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating by hand

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I have tried to sell for lower prices but it never seemed to make much difference. I have noticed that the price is often used as a measure of the effectiveness of a tool.

My marketing has been to a very limited audience. However, I have sold the tools worldwide. I have two distributors in Canada, 3 in Europe. There are 8 distributors listed in my web site for the USA and a few I don't list that do strickly drop shipping.

Getting the word out has been a pretty hard task. The reason I went into debt so much is because I choose the form of advertising that cost the most and gave me very little back on the investment. I'm going a different route now. I have an ad in the July issue of Sign & Digital Graphics magazine (page 101) that should help some. The ad will run through the October isssue and be distributed at several sign shows.

signmeup

I found magazine adds worked for my product. So did "how to" articles and hands on reviews in the same magazines. You might try working with a magazine to promote your product in reviews and maybe as a prize for some contest. A professional website and logo would also be a good idea. (I sound like a real pr!ck... but I mean well)

I suspect you could get a pretty sweet deal from members here for graphic work. You're very well thought of here.

BTW... My mail order business died when the Chinese knocked my products off and the US/Canada exchange rate hit par... at about the same time. If you make enough noise and it looks like your stuff is moving that's when the Chinese knockoffs start. Beware.

Steve C.

Felt covered squeegee and soapy water. most of what we do are smaller than
4x6, but we have used this method for 4x16 vinyls. You just need a smooth
flat surface as large as your print.