• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LAMINATOR price

ChiknNutz

Derf,

Another question...mine came only with the main red roller and the two roll holders with one common bracket. Looks like this new one has some kind of bar in front of the roller, another just behind and a little above, and the laminate roll holder up high and behind...is this the case or am I seeing things in the photo? I'm trying to envision what this "update" kit will look like to go on my machine, since there are no provisions on mine for these smaller-looking front/back rollers...are those powered at all or just along for the ride?

Derf

One Red roller? Mine came with two Big red Solid rubber rolls! One top one bottom and four take up and Film rolls

ChiknNutz

Here is they way mine came. The lower brackets on either end of the macine that hold the carrier paper and laminate roll are the ones I replaced.

Attachments

• 1600ce.jpg
    1600ce.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 153

Derf

I have never used the ZJX but it is a more user friendly laminator.

If you got the 5k to drop then the ZJX is the way to go. If it was available 6 months ago I would have gotten that one instead.

I may get it next year and use the CII for taping and mounting.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The pressure on that CII is adjusted through the knobs on either end of the unit...above the roller?? I think I used one similar to that...the fact you had to adjust each knob seperately made it difficult to get even pressures across for lamination or mounting. I think the ZJX doesnt look too bad. Anyone know about Ledco laminators? they have a 60" one for around 5k as well.

If anybody is interested (or needs), we can get units similar to the Enduralam (62 inch) for $4000. They use a single point chain-driven height adjustment (not dual knobs), variable speed, etc. etc.

I will get a picture better tomorrow if anybody wants.

Here are the specs:

ICO62 Technical Paramerters

Maximum Width of Mounting: 62"
Maximum Thinkness of Mounting: 1.18"
Highest Linear Speed; 78.7in/min
Lowes Linear Speed: 27.5in/min
Nominal Working Voltage & Frequency: 220V 50Hz (100V 60Hz)

Nominal Outpur Power 70W
Contour Dimention 79.1 x 26.7 x 17.5in

Net Weight 474Lbs
Weight in Transport 584Lbs

Last edited:

threeputt

Showing someone how the laminator works, $400.00 huh? Isn't that supposed to be in the purchase price? Seems high, unless he has to travel a great distance to your shop.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Damn for free I'll tell you!

Two rolls smash the lam into the vinyl! There.. LOL :beer

How does the vinyl go in...face up or down? Or does that depend on the quantity of beers weve drunk at that point?:Big Laugh

cdiesel

On the hot/cold issue, our sales rep told us NOT to use heat. Said the inks we use aren't made for it (eco-sol max from Roland).

That said, we're looking at a Ledco for about $7k. It's actually less than that cause of some discounts they're throwing in on a package deal with an XC-540. Whole thing's gonna be about $37k for the printer, laminator, 12 ink carts, 2 rolls of media and 2 rolls of lam, shipped and installed. Didn't figure that was too bad.

chopper

I bought a seal 62 image plus, both rolls are heated has take up real and two feed rolls, bought mine used for 3500.00 and it works great, I would look for a used machine and get a good one, I have heard that the seal ultra is a peice of crap... and so is the base (this is not my opion I have never used them) but if you are going to spend 5,000.00 why not get a better machine and spend less??? on ebay right now there is a seal 60or 62 made in 2005 at 1000.00 last I checked, take a trip to texas pick it up and you will be money ahead, these machines are easy to work on all you need are basic hand tools and a volt meter a little patience and you are in business....I find it beneficial to know how to set up all my machines from my printer, plotter,laminator,computer, etc... the more you know the less you have to depend on others to help you... not that you can't get help here.
just my opinion ......Chopper

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
got a link on that seal unit? I was looking at ledco units myself..but have a line on a GBC unit about an hour from me in PA. Its a big sucker too...64" hot lam and the works with it. Price difference is close to 4g's.

ChiknNutz

Here are the pix of the mods I made to mine. I just got an "update" kit, but I am not too impressed with how it came. First off, mine does not have the provisions to locate these new parts, and second, there are no directions, measurements or pictures of how to locate these things. Sure, I can guess, but that's all it would be. So, I've got PCSS looking into getting me that info. By the looks of it, I have in essence already accomplished what they've done, but mine is a bit cruder in application.

I designed the silver brackets and had a machine shop make them for me. Also, I now use a 3" core on the second rod there for a manual liner take up.

Attachments

• Laminator_01.jpg
    Laminator_01.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Laminator_02.jpg
    Laminator_02.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Laminator_03.jpg
    Laminator_03.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 128

mladams7259

GraphiXtreme,

What kind of setup do you have on your application tape dispensor? Looks like you've modified it and made it stationary? I cant tell for sure by the pic... I have one but I find it useless. Care to share, maybe Ill drag mine out and get some use out of it finally.

Attachments

• Laminator_02.jpg
    Laminator_02.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 129

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Does anyone have or have used the Ledco laminators? How are they and whats the quality overall? Opinions are greatly appreciated! Heck...a 2year warranty on that, even my SEAL rep cant do that.

ChiknNutz

GraphiXtreme,

What kind of setup do you have on your application tape dispensor? Looks like you've modified it and made it stationary? I cant tell for sure by the pic... I have one but I find it useless. Care to share, maybe Ill drag mine out and get some use out of it finally.

Oooo, you are a sharp one, eh? I didn't even notice that in the pic. All I did was put a piece of 1"x2". For the fastener thru, I removed the fastener that attaches the 4 feet underside and used a wood screw thru the aluminum base, the feet and then into the 1x2. This moves the base up a bit to make it more usable, and then gives a place to clamp to onto the table.

I made my own at first, but I like this one a lot now with this simple mod, and use it all the time now.