• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator?????????????????

Drip Dry

+1 for the GFP
Had mine for about a month now and it's been flawless.
Did look into the US Tech brands, but didn't feel comfortable when I called them to ask a couple of questions. They also never called back with any answers.

Mine does have heat assist. Have used it, and it stops the slivering. Although, it seems to go away by itself if you don't use heat. So, I'm not sure if heat assist is worth the expense. I paid about 7500. and it included shipping and on site setup. I also got 1 year on-site service, but this had to be negotiated

This machine does a great job on mounting material to a board. You can adjust the roller pressure for the thickness of the board. I had a Ledco before this and the pressure couldn't be changed. (Full pressure all the time) Problem was if I mounted to Coroplast, it would cause bubbles all along the flutted sections. The US Tech machine has no adjustment and I think you will have the same problem as the Ledco

Salmoneye

8' ? You should easily be able to do 30, 40 or 50 foot runs if you have a decent laminator and know how to load it. We can and we don't even use a backer.

totalimage

I have a used Seal for sale 54" heat Assisted... $5500.00 I also have a smaller one for sale Off brand one 38" for $1000.00 With heat.. Or best offer on both 407-688-4321

jfiscus

Rap Master
We purchased the GFP 54" about 2 months ago to do away with our old cheapo (UStech?) laminator. It is awesome! it has heat assist, but I leave it on a low setting ~100 degrees. We can do roll-to-roll of the entire roll!!! & small sheets with no issues. (as long as there are no operator problems, lol)

We used to have to do 8-12' at a time only with our old laminator... laminating a wrap used to take WAY TOO LONG, now it's 30 minutes tops including setting up the rolls on the machine!

Many different suppliers sell GFP & prices do vary, so call around. We were going to go with a SEAL, but after comparing the two & seeing them demo'd at the suppliers; we chose the GFP.

FatCat

I have the US Tech AK-600 and bought it the start of last year from Tony. There was a bit of a learning curve at first, but after you get the hang of it they're dead simple to operate. Laminating is more of an art than a science and until you have some experience under your belt you'll more than likely fight some things. If I had it to over again, I would likely buy another US Tech, but I would opt for the new model that has a single lever to raise/lower the top roller vs the one I have now with 2 independent knobs. At this point it's a non-issue, but I had some troubles early on getting the roller pressure even all the way across.

I've laminated prints over 15' long with no issues, I've laminated several whole box truck wraps (16, 4' x 8' panels) and never ruined one. It's also fairly easy to web up and run a few small or short prints without killing yourself. Also, mounting prints to MDO, poly-metal, PVC, coroplast, etc is a breeze with this thing.

CP Signs

I have a new USTECH DC-650 waiting at my new shop ( haven't moved in yet ) I'm sure it will take some getting used too but can't wait.

WrapWorks

I'm in the same boat. Looking for a 60+" laminator. The USTECH pricing is tempting. So is the Willamette although with the limited feedback on here I am leaning towards the USTECH. It would sure beat spending $10k on a machine that does the same thing with the same result.

401Graphics

8' ? You should easily be able to do 30, 40 or 50 foot runs if you have a decent laminator and know how to load it. We can and we don't even use a backer.

i never said my laminator couldnt do longer than that. longest i have ever needed to laminate is 14' so far

Salmoneye

That's ok. I was just making the point that I am very impressed with what we have been able to do. 50' does not seem ubsurd with me, it just depends on how much I pay attention to how I start the print. I was outsourcing to a guy with a 10k laminator and he was butchering my prints, now with this 2k or so machine I am running roll after roll and haven't scraped a print yet. That's why I said I would buy it again in a second. If I had to do it over I might however look at a powered take up for even longer runs.

Ragin Cajun

I would like to thank everyone for the feed back on laminators.

I bought a US Tech 65" Heat Assist.

What I really liked about it was the rollers opened to 1 1/2 "

Royal Sovereign was only 5/8"

who knows...I may want to apply graphics to a door.

I will let you guys know how it is.

It shipped Friday....should receive it on Wednesday.

I will receive my Roland VS 64" on Thursday...my training is Next Friday.

Yeah Buddy!

Attachments

• US Tech Laminator.jpg
    US Tech Laminator.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 91