• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lance Armstrong doped....

C

ColoPrinthead

Right, he stepped down, its still named after him/his brand though. I would choose a different organization to donate to should I feel the inclination to do so. Its just me, but that's how I feel. Very serious marketing, name recognition and association issue for them.

tsgstl

He also had reporters fired for questioning his doping, had others essentially blacklisted for doing it, the team doctor was used as a mule to transport drugs across international borders for him, he stole the lifetime of glory and any financial gain from legitimate competitors who rightfully should have won, he took the opportunity to compete from legitimate competitors who would have been able to get the sponsor money awarded to him, he sued a newspaper for libel and went on a three year rant against their credibility when it now appears they were dead on.....You really want me to keep going on?

Sure, his foundation helped thousands....how many people were destroyed in his wake?

Yeah but everyone's doing it so its cool right? Wait lemme check twitter first...

I don't care if I'm the only person in the world that feels this way. He's a cheat and he stole lives money and fame. Why do you think he was so envolved in that organization? From what I have seen and his actions it only had to do with boosting his ego and diverting attention away from the crook he is.

Pat Whatley

Nope, just tired of hearing about him being a great guy because he has a foundation so it's okay he screwed a bunch of people. Kind of like I'm tired of hearing the Tim Tebow doesn't really suck, he's just being held down because of his religious beliefs. Kind of like I'm tired of hearing it's okay we're being screwed by our government now because the previous administration did it too.

tsgstl

must be a two for one special on glass houses today.

I don't get you. I mean it even looks like you agree with me. I feel about the same way as I do with Bernard Madoff. Does that make me condescending too? I don't really care I'm probably more curious so don't feel obligated to answer.

^^ the guy above me said it better

Mosh

How many actors/actresses have plastic surgury...wouldn't that be "performance enhancing"?

ProWraps

my argument is this.

you dont know the man. you dont know his motives. all you and i can do is look from the outside and judge.

all of which is crap and unsubstantial.

how do you know he didnt get caught up in trying to fund his organization? you dont. none of us do.

i dunno. comparing him to bernie madoff is just idiocy at its best. and worst. one has nothing to do with the other.

the man doped. he threw a bunch of other dopers under the bus. and now there are a bunch of different dopers.

do they have one of the largest and well known cancer foundations founded under their collective belts. no.

who cares man. why judge. he didnt hurt me so why should i judge? people really need some introspection now a days. focus on your own problems. cause i can guarantee, IVE MADE mistakes in my life. and so have you.

none of us had to even come close to feeding the monster that was created with the name lance armstrong.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The guy who currently lives here admitted to doping at one time & he seems to be doing pretty well for himself these days....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• 800px-White_House_Blue_Sky.jpg
    800px-White_House_Blue_Sky.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

tsgstl

How depressing, I had no clue how socially acceptable cheating and lieing was.
And yes besides Bernie Madoff, Lance Armstrong is the biggest sham to come around in the last 10 years

ProWraps

its ok bro. not every where has cable tv yet.

biggest sham..

one stole billions, one gave millions.

really? perspective young man. perspective.

John Butto

Seems like a lot of you by your posts bought into the Pope Oprah confession. I am sorry, I am not a bleeding heart. Armstrong set that foundation up because he was making millions from endorsements. He uses the weak to fulfill his goals, just as priest does with children. Oh you say I cannot compare the two, it is when you overlook for years the abuse by someone you respect. Lying and wreaking peoples lives for his own ego and keeping it up for years for the love of money and fame. That is why so many people of authority today get away with what they do. We are so numb from the years of the abuse we take from these people that we are the victims.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Nobody is perfect. But for those of you who hand out excuses by saying "everyone does it" is doing a disservice to the many who don't. There ARE people with integrity and class and jealousy has a way of rearing it's face against such people.
Yes some good can come from bad. A closet pimp could donate money to a homeless shelter and get it named after him. Do you change the name after you find out he was a pimp? If it was named for his character. If you found out his character was also promoting promiscuity & violence against women & raising crime rates in the neighborhood, would that mean he didn't donate money? NO. Would it mean he doesn't care about homeless kids? No. But shrines erected to individuals in which character is the basis for such decisions, are just that. And if the underlying assumption for such character has been admittedly built on falsities...it stands to reason the individual is not worthy of the shrine.

You don't have to be on a high horse to publicly condemn a public figure who used publicity to defraud the public. To ridicule a person for ridiculing is the most obvious form of hypocrisy, made worse only by the fact they are condemning negative actions, while you are excusing them.
Armstrong did good things for people.
Armstrong did bad things to people under the guise of good.