• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lance Armstrong doped....

Flame

How depressing, I had no clue how socially acceptable cheating and lieing was.
And yes besides Bernie Madoff, Lance Armstrong is the biggest sham to come around in the last 10 years

Too much :bushmill: ? Dude he was an athlete. Not a criminal. He broke the rules of a sport, ok big deal. He used methods to help improve, but he was still a beast of an athlete, he just did everything in his power to get that extra sliver of help to push on and go for the win. With or without drugs he was an absolute beast of an athlete. To compare an athlete caught doping to Bernie is insanity.

its ok bro. not every where has cable tv yet.

biggest sham..

one stole billions, one gave millions.

really? perspective young man. perspective.

Amen sir! I'm driving down to buy you a drink

Nobody is perfect. But for those of you who hand out excuses by saying "everyone does it" is doing a disservice to the many who don't. There ARE people with integrity and class and jealousy has a way of rearing it's face against such people.

I'm not making excuses. He broke the rules of the game he competed in, the game has every right to take back what we won from them. He cheated to get the win, so he loses.

I just think people need to realize that more than likely, a good amount of others were cheating too, AND just because someone cheated, doesn't make them the bane of this earth. There are far worse sins than taking banned substances to win a game.

Our government is involved?

Wouldn't surprise me but I haven't heard that.

Assuming they're referring to USPS...?

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Nobody is saying he's the "bane of the earth."
They are commenting on how horrible it was though given the scope of his influence and the cause.
Is that not acceptable to condemn?
I don't see why you have a problem with it.

Flame

Nobody is saying he's the "bane of the earth."
They are commenting on how horrible it was though given the scope of his influence and the cause.
Is that not acceptable to condemn?
I don't see why you have a problem with it.

Condemn away, but don't compare him to criminals like Bernie Madoff. There's just condemnation, then there's just being ridiculous. Trust me, I don't support Mr. Armstrongs actions in any way.

John Butto

"I'm not making excuses. He broke the rules of the game he competed in, the game has every right to take back what we won from them. He cheated to get the win, so he loses.
I just think people need to realize that more than likely, a good amount of others were cheating too, AND just because someone cheated, doesn't make them the bane of this earth. There are far worse sins than taking banned substances to win a game."

Flame: So now you are telling us that you categorize sins to suite your moral being. The Catholics do this by using the venial and mortal sin rules on what gets you into heaven. You want to put him in purgatory and maybe one day if he accumulates enough prayers from the bleeding hearts he gets to go to heaven. How about we ban him from our tribe and let him wonder the earth on his own.

Ragin Cajun

Dude he was an athlete. Not a criminal. He broke the rules of a sport, ok big deal. He used methods to help improve, but he was still a beast of an athlete, he just did everything in his power to get that extra sliver of help to push on and go for the win. With or without drugs he was an absolute beast of an athlete.

Easy to say...But cheating is stealing.

What if it were you that took 2nd place?

He would have stolen your titles and millions of dollars from ads.

How would you like it if someone asked you to bid a sign job....you put a lot of effort into your bid only to find out that the bid was secretly given to someone else...they only needed you so they could have multiple bids?

Cheating is cheating....he worked his butt off...but he won illegally.

He took a lot of money someone else should have had.

genericname

Condemn away, but don't compare him to criminals like Bernie Madoff. There's just condemnation, then there's just being ridiculous. Trust me, I don't support Mr. Armstrongs actions in any way.

To me, it's not so much the doping that's the problem, but how he acted when the cat was out of the bag. The guy took drugs? Ban him, simple. But he actively, and vehemently, pursued anyone in court that had the balls to try to expose him. He ruined people's lives to serve his own ego, and lined his pocket while doing so.

Yeah, that actually does put him closer to Bernie than just some bum athlete who cheated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's a message being sent. His is......

It's alright to cheat, lie about it and do what you can to keep it a secret, until the case is blown open. Then act humble..... and most will forgive and forget.

Yep, that's the message I want the young to have instilled into their minds.

:Oops: what am I saying, that's what practically the whole world already believes.​

This has a lot to do with that other thread about people changing around here. No one has integrity anymore. It's all about winning the game regardless of how you cheat or steal to do it.

genericname

This has a lot to do with that other thread about people changing around here. No one has integrity anymore. It's all about winning the game regardless of how you cheat or steal to do it.

Hit the nail right on the head there. I can think of few other people right now that would make as great of an example as Lance. He's a learning experience waiting to happen.

tsgstl

To me, it's not so much the doping that's the problem, but how he acted when the cat was out of the bag. The guy took drugs? Ban him, simple. But he actively, and vehemently, pursued anyone in court that had the balls to try to expose him. He ruined people's lives to serve his own ego, and lined his pocket while doing so.

Yeah, that actually does put him closer to Bernie than just some bum athlete who cheated.

Bingo
He won millions in court from multiple reports that are now admittedly true. Which led to many forced resignations and firings. And then there's the fact that he forced his members to do illegal substances or they got the boot. If you think that's cool for a employer to do then so be it. I could easily see him facing punishment for some of the things he did.
I said besides Bernie he's the biggest Sham, if you can convince me of someone better suited then I will retract my statement.

He's not even in the same ballpark with other cheats. Besides that all these cheats have ruined almost every sport. We may never see another Baseball player inducted into the HOF. And by some of the replies in this thread I don't know if this will ever change.

And Gino, look at the OP. This is the very thread that started that other thread.

Marlene

he is a cheat and that is that. he took money he didn't earn by cheating. he was sponsored by those who trusted in him and he deceived them. no pity for him. no "everyone" does it. end of yet another cheating, no good's career. all who seem to think it's OK after all, everyone cheats ask yourself if this was in your world and someone deceived you, cheated you and took what wasn't theirs to take, would you still say, oh well?

Flame

Flame: So now you are telling us that you categorize sins to suite your moral being. The Catholics do this by using the venial and mortal sin rules on what gets you into heaven. You want to put him in purgatory and maybe one day if he accumulates enough prayers from the bleeding hearts he gets to go to heaven. How about we ban him from our tribe and let him wonder the earth on his own.

Categorize sins? Well yeah murder> rape> stealing etc.

And he is pretty stuck wandering the earth alone, the guy is going to lose his millions and he is banned from so much as running a marathon. Ya reap what ya sow.

John Butto

Murder, you steal someones life. Rape, you steal a lot, innocence etc. Lying, you steal someones trust. You see how easy that is.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Bingo
He won millions in court from multiple reports that are now admittedly true. Which led to many forced resignations and firings. And then there's the fact that he forced his members to do illegal substances or they got the boot. If you think that's cool for a employer to do then so be it. I could easily see him facing punishment for some of the things he did.
I said besides Bernie he's the biggest Sham, if you can convince me of someone better suited then I will retract my statement.

He's not even in the same ballpark with other cheats. Besides that all these cheats have ruined almost every sport. We may never see another Baseball player inducted into the HOF. And by some of the replies in this thread I don't know if this will ever change.

And Gino, look at the OP. This is the very thread that started that other thread.

Sorry. Other than being the same author, I don't see how one started the other.

However, as I already pointed out, I do see the connection of being honest vs. dishonest and how it affects every fiber of your body, but also how it reaches out and can touch 1,000's if not 1,000,000's of others. Being dishonest is a very easy road to take, but it usually doesn't last near as long as having integrity, character and self obedience.

Anyone thinking it's alright to steal or cheat in life to get ahead...... are probably the same people who think it's alright to take a pen or a roll of tape home from work. Stealing is stealing regardless of what level you are doing it. You have to remember all your lies, all your bamboozles and all the people who will come back to kick your butt someday. It's a lot easier just playing by the good book.

Speedsterbeast

Quote "i dunno. comparing him to bernie madoff is just idiocy at its best. and worst. one has nothing to do with the other."

Don't care one way or another, but I would respectfully say that Bernie and Lance are similar if you look at it this way: They both lived an amazingly "successful" life, high on the hog, by lying and misleading others at their expense.

Last edited:

SD&F

It did seem like everyone dopes or is a dope......it's values/morals and what you see when you look in the mirror. For the great things he did(charities and such) he is a great man and for the fooish things he did(he is an idiot and deserves whatever he gets).