• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laserjet on Vinyl.

Flame

Last week I did 20,000 2" x 3" stickers/labels. They were precut.

If you think I should have done those on a solvent/latex ink printer you are insane.

Done on the digital press. Yes it is a laser/fused/toner. Right tool for the right job.

awww have a :corndog:

Mosh

Even if it worked, how would to do the print/cut marks without a rip prigram?

We screenprinted alot back in the 80's and 90's....try that.

$10,000 fr a printer? used old one...try $30,000 for a set-up...SUCKA!!!!

Techman

Encouraging someone to use a laserjet to make digital prints is insane. Just my honest opinion. Unless it's for scrap booking or something along those lines.

You have no idea of which is possible.

At one time I printed hundreds of 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14 sheets through my Phaser 850 laser printer. I used encad coated stock and the phaser 850. Later I used my Phaser 860. And now I use the Phaser 8550.

It does wonderful full color work. Plus it lasts especially when used indoors. I made hundreds of items including prototype bumper stickers, wall decals, and countless other sticky back items, bizz card magnets of various sizes using encad (for water base ink) coated stock, the phaser 860 and 10 mill magnet stock. I called the technique the Phaser Edge.

You have to use the wax ink technology to make it work. Those style printers do not fuse the toner. They transfer hot wax ink to the substrate. Completely different technology. I imagine it would work on uncoated stock as well. But I never needed to test it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hmmmmm, you're the kind of guy who would try to repair an exhaust leak with duct tape huh?

Don't be silly
Everyone knows scotch tape costs less and works just as well in high stress applications

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• russian-train.jpg
    russian-train.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 65

PiizzLe

Okay I didnt mean to cause such mess with this discussion. I was not saying that my laserjet was the only option. I understand what you guys mean now that this could not be done with the equipment I have or should not be tried.

I obviously want to do this the right way and from what I gathered here is to buy/invest in one thats "dedicated" to do the job.

I will look into the Roland BN20. I am watching youtube videos and this machine is a beast.

Lol again thanks for all the help guys.