• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Layzply.com - a new way to lay vinyl

buttons

Well...The newbie forum is not the appropriate place to run an ad for new products. Merchant members have a place to advertise. By posting here he has invited comparisons with other products.

If I have a new product that I want input on, I use the general forum. The newbie forum should not be used for advertising because that is the first place newbies go.

I think this thread has served the purpose of this forum very well.

I actually meant the threadstarter not you. If I had meant yours I would have posted in YOUR thread, PMed you or emailed you about it.

Thanks

Fanaticus

you could probably make it in some way so that all you have to do is line up the print, slap the bar down and pull a lever.... then, by some genius method of engineering beyond my capacity, the liner seperation could be done by a lifting action, a sliding blade could cut the liner and a pulling grabber could move it out of the way... continue pulling on the lever and something slides across the print to lay it down.....

Return the lever to it's original position, repeat in opposite direction to do the other half of the print.

But, if someone can figure out the mechanics of such a machine, I'm sure they would incorporate some computer chips and a little programing, and a "go" button.

Don't forget the safety guards and auto-shut off sensors.

Maybe we can even get it to auto-feed. So all we gotta do is make our prints in a continuous pattern on the roll, then feed the roll into the machine to "get laid" and just have a catch basket to gather the final product that gets ejected.

Ideally, a person would only have to load the computer with the art, press "print", and then supervise the whole automated operation.

yeah, that's the idea.

signmeup

Well...The newbie forum is not the appropriate place to run an ad for new products. Merchant members have a place to advertise. By posting here he has invited comparisons with other products.

If I have a new product that I want input on, I use the general forum. The newbie forum should not be used for advertising because that is the first place newbies go.

I think this thread has served the purpose of this forum very well.
I think posting a device that would be of benefit to newbies would be well placed in the newbie forum. It's a cunning marketing strategy to dangle the bait in front of the quarry.... perhaps you would shift a few big squeegees if you employed the same approch.

Dzrt1st

The slitter can be set to the depth to go through the paper and not the vinyl. the scotch cutters require you to separate the layers to get it started.

I was replying to the question to the OP about what the he was using to cut the liner which he had peeled off, not your re-invention of the Akukut cutter.

signmeup

I was replying to the question to the OP about what the he was using to cut the liner which he had peeled off, not your re-invention of the Akukut cutter.
Good Heavens! First he re-invents the squeegee and now the Akucut cutter? What's next? Hey... nobody's invented the wheel in a while... :rolleyes:

10sacer

I printed eight 18x24 coro signs in the same 2:47 on my flatbed, but still a pretty neat tool for those that don't have a flatbed. Depends on your business model. I like seeing new things that guys come up with that might make life easier and allow for more golf time (or whatever it is that you do...)

How about someone come up with a tape gun for banner tape that separates the backer while running down the side of a banner... may already be out there I guess...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
If I did more coroplast I might have bought one just for my newbie co-workers. I like the design though, I do something pretty similar with my laminator. I just apply the first inch or two of the graphics to all my substrates then turn on the laminator, start putting them in holding the backer .. works just the same and I can shoot through them.

does this work with just coroplast or does it work with thicker and thinner substrates?

10sacer

Yeah... or a sewing machine or a Leister or a Banner Cyclone or your little brother.

I am thinking of the types of folks that would probably be buying the vinyl machine probably don't have $14K for a welder or $2k for a good sewing machine... but thanks for the clarification.

visualeyez

Once you have your print clamped down, half folded over with the backing paper removed, couldn't you just pull the sign out of the "device" towards yourself and mount half the print in an armswoop?

andy

****NEW****

A portable, flexible application "tool" for cut & printed vinyl graphics. Lightweight, easy to use, fit's in a small lunch box. Works on flat, vertical & angled surfaces. Lay down small graphics or large panels. Low cost of ownership, low maintenance. A proven system which has been used the world over by millions of installers since the first vinyl cutters were launched.

What you get....

A scalpel, a roll of 2" masking tape and a 4" plastic applicator with a bit of felt stuck on one leading edge.

What you don't get.....

The hand to eye co-ordination or the practical skills needed to use them. (note; we also sell pencils & brushes.... artistic skills needed to actually DRAW are NOT included)

Options.....

A bigger applicator.... a long piece of plastic with a felt edge on one side

A joey knife....for users who lack motor skills and cannot instruct their hand/ arm to apply a light touch.

Masking tape saver.... save $$$$'s on expensive masking tape using our new block-O-wood application table.

MrGraphics

Owner Operator
Fellow Sign Guys and Gals, I am overwhelmed by the response on this site. I am a newbie on your site and truly apoligize if you think I placed this tread in the wrong section. However, my machine is not intended to do everything and certainly not to be a threat to anyone. The Big Stick, I'm sure is a fine tool, although I just found out about it on these postings. In no way is my machine ever going to replace the 4 inch squeege, and about the price, I considered lowering it but then again I was thinking what size size would I have to do to recomp my $395.00? I figure I could probably sell one 4 x 8 vinyl lettered sign or print two (2) 4 x 8 banners and recover my investment, so for now I think I will keep the price, I think it is fair. As far as competing with flat bed printers, I have one and it is really hard to do onsies and twosies, as I mentioned before it fills a gap when someone comes in for five (5) real estate style signs or a set of magnetics or any small aluminum it just makes our job a lot easier to just knock it out. Bigger panels are few and far between so the Big Stick would probably be ideal for that but I run my shop as a Quickie Sign Shop, focusing on smaller jobs and for us, this works! We just wanted to share our idea and perhaps make a few bucks along the way. But I guess this is a dog eat dog world. You know what they say . . . NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED.

P.S. Someone asked what type of slicing tool I use, it is a 3M product we bought a bunch from Walmart.

P.S.S. Don't the Canadians say anything unkind? That must be a great country if it wasn't so darn cold up there.

As far as competing with flat bed printers, I have one and it is really hard to do onsies and twosies,

I am truly baffled by this statement.. I dont know anyone that has a hard time doing onsies and twosies with a flat bed printer... anyways.

I am all for new inventions and inovation in our trade. Set your price where you need to set it to make a profit.

As an inventor myself I wish that everyone was rewarded financially for their creations, sadly most inventions will not generate a profit. which is truly sad, I have seen many creations at shops across the nation that would be helpful to many others, some speed up production, some make handling materials easier for those with bad backs, etc.. but it simply is not worth it financially for the creator to take the product to market, we are a very small industry in the grand scheme of things, the final sales price of the invention is going to reflect that versus a situation where an inventor has the potential to sell his product to millions of end users.

good luck