• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Layzply.com - a new way to lay vinyl

John Butto

flatbed in garage

To Mr. Graphics, you know how the Jerry Springer show works, well we on Signs101, and I am only speaking for myself, are the audience and you are the ugly fat chick with hardly anything over your body. You think you have something we all just can't wait to have and think we want to pay money for it. Well the heckling and jeers are going to come loud and furious and we all will get a kick out of it. You will be bending over and telling us how good it is and prancing around and then you throw your wife into the fray and Fred, who by the way plays the bald headed ex cop to keep the peace will have to end up grabbing someone and part of your attire will come off and that is not something we really want to see. Commercial time..."get me a beer while you are up".

signmeup

Maybe he has one of the small flat bed printers? Like this: http://www.januarys.com/
Looks pretty cool. Odd size though... 13" x 24". But I suppose then he wouldn't need the print applying thingy. I still don't see why he's getting a hard time. His print applying device looks well made and seems to work as described.

Last edited:

Salmoneye

Maybe we are confusing flat bed and flat bed screen press? I don't think we have his goat too bad, he did come back with "Big Stick Thing". Hopefully he will stick around and get used to the hazing, I know that I am glad I stuck around.

MrGraphics

Owner Operator
To Mr. Graphics, you know how the Jerry Springer show works, well we on Signs101, and I am only speaking for myself, are the audience and you are the ugly fat chick with hardly anything over your body. You think you have something we all just can't wait to have and think we want to pay money for it. Well the heckling and jeers are going to come loud and furious and we all will get a kick out of it. You will be bending over and telling us how good it is and prancing around and then you throw your wife into the fray and Fred, who by the way plays the bald headed ex cop to keep the peace will have to end up grabbing someone and part of your attire will come off and that is not something we really want to see. Commercial time..."get me a beer while you are up".

:clapping:ok, I'm catching on, I'm getting it. I can take it. However, just maybe one of those quickie franchise sign shops that is popping up all over the world, they just may like it. I don't know but I have heard that a few of them have a thousand franchises and I am sure they are not hiring old veteran sign makers at minimum wage etc. So while you are yelling Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, I may be :scream: to the bank.

Anyways, I'm 64 years old and if it goes, great, if it don't I'll just sit back and collect my social security check. But I really believe there is a market out there for the upcoming quickie sign shops.

Last edited:

ForgeInc

Mr G. Don't take it personally. Most in here aren't as cold or as unwelcoming to new paid subscribers. I hope you do sell a couple of those things by joining 101, at least enough to break even on your membership fees. I'm sure your device isn't for everyone in here, but good on ya for giving it a go. You obviously know a lot about the industry and it takes guts to try and sell products like this so good luck.

MrGraphics

Owner Operator
QUOTE=ForgeInc;831475]Mr G. Don't take it personally. Most in here aren't as cold or as unwelcoming to new paid subscribers. I hope you do sell a couple of those things by joining 101, at least enough to break even on your membership fees. I'm sure your device isn't for everyone in here, but good on ya for giving it a go. You obviously know a lot about the industry and it takes guts to try and sell products like this so good luck.[/QUOTE]

:thankyou:Thank God, being the new kid in the hood, I thought I had to take on the biggest, loudest person to be accepted. I started my business in 1964 and find that I have to re-invent myself every 4 or 5 years, from hand set type to strike on to strip printers, tape punch, photo typesetting. I remember when there was a blind keyboard where you really had to have a good imagination to what the final outcome was going to be, hot metal, linotypes, monotypes and everything up to the current technology. So I think I have a lot to contribute. All in all it was well worth the Merchant Contribution Fee. Looks like I got quite a few viewings on this thread and over 600 hits on my YouTube so I don't think that is too bad for one week of exposure.

Thank you sign101.com

Brandon708

cool idea but whats wrong with using tape? It seem that this contraption just takes the place of a piece of tape.

BTW with a 18"x24" of vinyl I can lay it without tape.

MrGraphics

Owner Operator
cool idea but whats wrong with using tape? It seem that this contraption just takes the place of a piece of tape.

BTW with a 18"x24" of vinyl I can lay it without tape.

Yep, you sure can, you can buy a lot of tape for the cost of the machine, however this just gives me a third hand, and we have found that it makes alignment and the process so much faster. I am a type of guy that likes to do less work and make more money, it works for me. :toasting:

drakesis

I'm Canadian, lol. I think it's a really great device and I'm sure if it's perfected with a bit more tweaking. I can see it being sold at Fellers, Signwarehouse and alot of the other suppliers.

Look at the other equipment they sell in their catalogs, some stuff I wouldn't buy, but then there's others...

Hey guys look at those little cheapo craft cutters in Walmart, everything has a market!

Any of you guys seen the Canadian show called "Dragons Den", where inventors come and present their invention. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that is shown and it actually sells~!!!!