• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Left or Right Handed?

What's your dexterity?

• Left Handed

Votes: 50 19.4%
  • Right Handed

Votes: 165 64.0%
  • Ambidextrous

Votes: 43 16.7%

• Total voters

TheSellOut

See and my parents were told it was a "sign of great intelligence" when in second grade I was writing out an answer to a question and came to the edge of the page...I flipped the paper over and continued to write out my answer in mirror image!

Teachers...pssshht

acothran

Ambidextrous but I don't know how to classify. I write and use eating utensils left handed but throw a ball, golf, and do most other things right handed. Using a hammer is about the only thing I can do either though I usually use my right hand. When I was little I couldn't remember the word ambidextrous and told someone I was superstitious.

Pat Whatley

There was a quarterback at Alabama State University who could throw the ball beautifully right handed and left handed. ESPN was going to do a two minute segment on him...a really big deal for a school like ASU. The quote of the interview was the coach talking to the reporter saying "Thomas is a great quarterback and he's amphibious." The reporter asked "Amphibious?" "Yeah, amphibious...you know, he throws the ball with both hands."

ESPN put that at the beginning of the story.

Shovelhead

-write from the right
-shoot a rifle and bow on the left (left eye dominant)
-handgun on the right (right eye dominant)
-switch hitter in baseball
-equally comfortable from both sides as a hockey goalie

I can't think of the proper goalie stick shot...waffle on top of the stick or bottom...I can do it both ways.

Great post!!!!!!

:wine-smi:

heyskull

I can't really say I am ambidextrous but I hold my knife and fork the wrong way.
I can do most things with both hands, including having two completley different signatures all dependent on which hand I choose.
This doesn't make life any easier or harder it just means I can mess 2 things up at once...LOL

Last but most definitley not least....... I can scratch my Butt with either hand.

S

SignTech

Interesting use of language. 'Dexter' the root of 'dexterity' means on the right. 'Sinister' means on the left.

as well as dextro ........ refers to the right side ...

anyway .......... I write right handed .......

I am ambidex ........... when drumming ........... all 4 limbs independent ...... it's weird ...........

RJ California

There was a quarterback at Alabama State University who could throw the ball beautifully right handed and left handed. ESPN was going to do a two minute segment on him...a really big deal for a school like ASU. The quote of the interview was the coach talking to the reporter saying "Thomas is a great quarterback and he's amphibious." The reporter asked "Amphibious?" "Yeah, amphibious...you know, he throws the ball with both hands."

ESPN put that at the beginning of the story.
\\

Ouch!!