• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Left or Right Handed?

What's your dexterity?

• Left Handed

Votes: 50 19.4%
  • Right Handed

Votes: 165 64.0%
  • Ambidextrous

Votes: 43 16.7%

• Total voters

Billct2

Right
and when I was in sign school we had one lefty and as I understood lefties had a hard time learning how to hand paint because if they worked left to right they would be working "over" the wet letters they had just done

TheSellOut

Right
and when I was in sign school we had one lefty and as I understood lefties had a hard time learning how to hand paint because if they worked left to right they would be working "over" the wet letters they had just done

This is true, I have to be carefull when drwing with a pencil as well for I will end up smearing graphite all over my drawing too!

I can't say this is all lefties, but in my case, everything I do in this righthanded world is backwards. Example, the old righty tighty / lefty loosey bit, I naturally always go the opposite direction to start!

Jillbeans

My walldog friend Bill has trained himself to paint with either hand in case something ever happens to him.
Love....Jill

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I was born left handed but Miss James, in the first grade, made me hold my pencil in my right hand. I ended up with my fine motor skills being right handed and my gross motor skills being left handed. Somewhere in the middle, a level of ambidexterity exists whereby I can drive a nail with a hammer held in either hand.

Marlene

I was born left handed but Miss James, in the first grade, made me hold my pencil in my right hand. I ended up with my fine motor skills being right handed and my gross motor skills being left handed. Somewhere in the middle, a level of ambidexterity exists whereby I can drive a nail with a hammer held in either hand.

with a couple of changes, this is me too. I was leaning towards being left but did a lot with the right so they made me use my right hand in school too. there are things that I can do with one hand but can't with the other like snap my fingers. I can do it with the left but hardly able with the right. I took tennis lessons way back in my 20's and found out that I could do a fore hand with one hand and a back hand with the other but not both with either. so not sure if I'm ambidextrous as it more like one works when the other doesn't most of the time. I can paint or apply vinyl vinyl with either.

rfulford

Righty here.

Here is a fact I find interesting. Cultures that read right to left instead of left to right have more right handed people.

Steve C.

I guess I'm somewhat like Fred too. Things requiring dexterity in my hand
and fingers I do with ther right. Other things, mostly sports are left. I kick
with the left foot. Throw with left hand. Funny that I draw with the right
but using an airbrush is more comfortable in the left. I have taught myself
to letter with either, Mostly right, but wall jobs off of a ladder, using the
left comes in real handy.

basicmetal

I call myself ambidextrous but I'm really just a confused southpaw. The worst grade I got in college was trying to do calligraphy. The proffessor wouldn't accept the pen being held at the wrong 45 degree angle.

Sabre

I probably should have been left handed, I'm left-eye dominant which is an issue sometimes when I'm shooting. But alas, I correct myself for right handed.

GypsyGraphics

Right handed. Can't write my own name legibly left handed, but can effortlessly write backwards (mirror image) with my right hand. A teacher/nun once told me "there something wrong with you" when she caught me writing a quick note to a classmate. My friend would take the notes to the bathroom and hold them up to the mirror to read them. The devil made me do it.